6/29 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what a great show. It was awesome seeing JT performed live in its in entirety. I was 5 rows from the top of the stadium, but the energy up there was crazy. Plus, there was a nice cool breeze which enhanced it even further. Loved The Lumineers too!

Great to see them again!

I felt their energy the whole concert. Had good seats (was standing of course!), and was blown away at how they did this show with the screens.
Can we say STREETS was unreal!!!!!
I thought Bono's voice was in top form.

Yes, leaving the stadium is a nightmare! Oh well.

I was in section 217......

Highlights:

Streets- it was incredible. The extended intro sounded great and the screen at the beginning was out of this world (bright oranges with the Joshua Tree silhouette.

Bad- They all sounded perfect

In Gods Country- wow! How isn't this played every tour?

Beautiful Day- screen graphics were very cool, song sounded awesome (Adam killed it on bass)

Elevation- the crowd exploded! This song should be played at every show. It might not be a favorite in this place but it is a crowd pleaser that had a better reaction than almost all of the Joshua Tree songs.

Vertigo- went well as a one two punch with Elevation

Mysterious Ways solo returns!

No glasses Bono....he looked a lot younger and cooler without those Purple crap glasses he wears.

Low lights-

No screen use for the first 4 songs?

The screen graphics for almost all the songs were awful. From the girl painting the flag to the high way video in Streets to the desert mountains for With or Without you.....blah blah blah (In Gods Country was good)

Miss Sarajevo- what a snooze fest of a song live, always has been. This was especially bad because the whole Italian opera part was pre-recorded .

Red Hill Mining Town- I had high hopes for this one but it fell flat. They had a marching band on the screen playing the horns (another awful use of the screen) instead of bringing out an actual brass section, which would have been really cool.

The beginning of Mysterious Ways was botched by Edge.

Bono's purple glasses that make him look like he is a 75 year old man

Traffic....TRAFFIC! Took 2 hours to drive 32 miles there. Took 3 hours to get home, 45 min just to get out of the parking lot

Overall......not taking into account traffic, 8/10

As far as stadium shows of theirs that I have seen, I put this above Popmart but below 360

Just a tip for leaving the stadium: Wait an hour before attempting to leave. My gf and I busted out the chairs and ate some more of our food. No sense burning gas going nowhere slowly. We noticed lots of other folks doing the same. It took us 3 minutes to leave the stadium when we finally left.

PS: I loved all of the screen graphics that accompanied the songs. Plus, the poetry that scrolled on the stage wall before the show was intense reading.

I left during the last song both nights, pulled right out of the lot and was home in 45 minutes - which is the standard drive. I could hear Little Things and One just fine on my way to the car.

I left during the last song both nights, pulled right out of the lot and was home in 45 minutes - which is the standard drive. I could hear Little Things and One just fine on my way to the car.

That's good and all, but I stay for the entire show. I'm not condemning those who leave early, but that's just not my bag. I'm the opposite. When the show ends, we stay in our seats until the clean up crew boots us. Then, we hang in the lot until traffic clears while enjoying some food and refreshments.

They didn't play Little Things for the 6/29 show. :sad:

I've often read accounts on this forum of people crying when a certain song was played and rolled my eyes. As huge a fan as I may be, I found that to be a bit much.

Then this show occurred, and it happened to me, albeit with some extenuating circumstances.

My family is moving from NYC to DC. I myself have been travelingg back and forth for a few weeks, but the official move of everything from our apartment in NYC to our apartment in DC was scheduled to June 30, the day after this show.

Spent hours hanging with friends in the parking lot before the show... great fun. Then we went inside, he show got under way... and then Bad. Bad got me. Just knowing that that night was my last in NYC after 36 years, that I wouldn't see many of these frends for a long time... plus the song being just fucking perfect... it got me. Couldn't be helped.

Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age.

After seeing both Metlife gigs i gotta go with second show being the better one, Dunno Why but the band seemed in a better mood or energy and so did the crowd even if i was in the stands (very good seats in lower bowl near the stage) pretty much Everyone was on their feet the whole show singing and dancing even to songs like red hill mining town and Trip. Best experience ive ever had in the stands at a concert hands down, i usually do GA tho. Bad blew my mind away this show. Fuck

Getting out was fast for me, the train was close to "bud light gate" so just speed walked there after house lights went on. Getting out of Metlife is so much easier than Ullevi stadium. Like its not even a contest. Was back at Penn station in like 45 mins after i got out and the train was not even crowded.. :hmm: $5 ticket > $90 uber

I've often read accounts on this forum of people crying when a certain song was played and rolled my eyes. As huge a fan as I may be, I found that to be a bit much.

Then this show occurred, and it happened to me, albeit with some extenuating circumstances.

My family is moving from NYC to DC. I myself have been travelingg back and forth for a few weeks, but the official move of everything from our apartment in NYC to our apartment in DC was scheduled to June 30, the day after this show.

Spent hours hanging with friends in the parking lot before the show... great fun. Then we went inside, he show got under way... and then Bad. Bad got me. Just knowing that that night was my last in NYC after 36 years, that I wouldn't see many of these frends for a long time... plus the song being just fucking perfect... it got me. Couldn't be helped.

Wow. Best of everything in DC, Headache! You can take the boy out of NY, but you can't take the NY out of the boy. :wink:

That's really awesome, and what a memorable moment to spend with your long time friends.

Leave this heart of clay
See you walk, walk away
Into the night

Back
Top Bottom