Oakland, Edmonton and Toronto Presale/Gen. Sale Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so, how terrible is olympic stadium versus a closed rogers centre?

Sound is terrible at the Olympic Stadium, although with the system U2 has now, it shouldn't be an issue if you're on the floor and in the lower bowl. Upper level seats, though, is going to be horrible.

Who says I wasn't considering it? :flirt:

Good. I'm telling you, the crowd will make the show for you. And summer in Montreal can not be beat. Stay a day or two extra, and you won't regret it, I promise you.

My first code starts with U2A and my second one starts with 2U2A

Thanks chrisandronna for the pic! So it does look like the stage will be sideways on the 50 yard line instead of at the end of the bowl. Those high seats there would be the behind the stage seats if you compare this pic to the TM seating chart.

2009-10-25153418.jpg

30479s.gif

Screw it, I'm trying for Toronto GA tomorrow.

Moi aussi! (helping you brush up on your french for Montreal :wink: )

I have a Horizon presale code but I won't be home until 5:20pm so might have to try along with the Breathe group :banghead:
Not allowed to go on internet at work - anyone know of an internet place downtown Toronto, near Front and John?

I have a Horizon presale code but I won't be home until 5:20pm so might have to try along with the Breathe group :banghead:
Not allowed to go on internet at work - anyone know of an internet place downtown Toronto, near Front and John?

I'm trying for Toronto Ga's tomorrow too, sooooo nervous :crack:
Anyone else here have an account with ticketmaster.ca and not ticketmaster.com??

i'll do GA in Toronto, but I think I'll stand right in front of the soundbooth. That location was very close to the stage from what I remember

It would also be a similar and prime GA location for Oakland, for those who would rather have seats but decide on GA.

I'm sure you'll be alright. Up to now, pre-sales have been a breeze. Especially for the dates next year. I'm not sure if that many people have renewed their membership for these pre-sales. I still haven't. (very scientific, I know ;) )

BTW, I won't be joining you in Toronto. :| No North-American dates for me next year.
For now...

I'm sure you'll be alright. Up to now, pre-sales have been a breeze. Especially for the dates next year. I'm not sure if that many people have renewed their membership for these pre-sales. I still haven't. (very scientific, I know ;) )

BTW, I won't be joining you in Toronto. :| No North-American dates for me next year.
For now...

Thanks for the confidence :yes:

That's too bad about Toronto but maybe I'll see you in Russia!! :hug:

Here are a few more pics of Oakland Coliseum - from 2nd level with Mt. Davis on the left....
2nd_deck.jpg

2nd_deck2.jpg

2nd_deck3.jpg

This is from Mt. Davis (would be behind stage):
mt_davis.jpg

This is old pic from Police concert in '07 (2nd level):
policeconcert.jpg

I'm using a Breathe code for Oakland and it starts at 3pm , but I live in Eastern Time, so does that mean the presale starts at 6pm for me?

Yeah, for people going to see them in Oakland, having seen them twice in Toronto, the $250 seats are not the best in the house when compared to other venues. GA is probably the way to go imo...

Thanks for the reminder. My friends don't want to do the GA camp out, so I'm trying to convince them GA even without the camping is better than the $250 seats. I will show them the seating charts.

Thank you for the pics!! I still dont know what to do lol. Damn I hate making decisions.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I'm going to check at 3 just to make sure.

GA!!!! This place looks way too big for seats :yikes: I was hoping it would be a tiny place like Sam Boyd!

I dont want to stand all day though. : old: :reject:
Plus I have done GA and would like to experience the CLAW from seats I think. :hmm:

humm so oakland would be my first show this tour and they may not add a second day - so should i get GA? do they walk around the stage/claw/spaceship alot?

Plus I have done GA and would like to experience the CLAW from seats I think. :hmm:

seats are ok if you get seat 1 in any particular row, otherwise it could be a hassle

go for GA and walk around, sit and wait in front of the soundbooth :up:

humm so oakland would be my first show this tour and they may not add a second day - so should i get GA? do they walk around the stage/claw/spaceship alot?

1st so DEFINITELY do GA, says I.

Thanks those of you who responded to my panic about the code. I never got a presale email like I did before but I was reassured over the phone that it would work. :crack: I still can't believe I have to do this the day AFTER the Phx/Vegas/LA extravaganza. No rest for the wicked I guess.

Bono walks around the pit and the bridges move too. GA was cool in Vegas but I was back on the side rail sorta. And I'm not that tall so I had to stand on my tippy toes most of the time. I could see them when they walked around the pit because I could lean my head over the side rail and see them but as for seeing the main stage, I had a pretty hard time.

seats are ok if you get seat 1 in any particular row, otherwise it could be a hassle

go for GA and walk around, sit and wait in front of the soundbooth :up:

What I said up there... although I do like it by the soundboard. Towards the end of the show I left the side rail and went by the soundboard and I had tons of room and the view was amazing. UGH decisions. :madspit:

I know me too but I'd only do seats if they're on Edge's side of the stage closer to the floor so I don't feel like I'm super far away. I don't know what to do at this point because right now I'm going solo so if I do get seats but end up going to the concert with a friend, I'm still alone at the concert. At least with GA I can hook up with people from here or have a friend get a GA ticket too.

I didn't wait in line at all in Vegas and was happy for the most part with the views I had once I moved to the side of the stage I want to be on. I probably would show up and get in line a little earlier than I did for Vegas though just because of the size of this place and because I'd like to be more in the middle of the pit instead of the sides.

This is how I felt after doing GA in Raleigh. I was glad to have seats for Phoenix because I wanted to take in the whole stage and stuff but once the show started, I was really wishing we had GA's for that show too. It was fun but I missed being on the floor.

What I said up there... although I do like it by the soundboard. Towards the end of the show I left the side rail and went by the soundboard and I had tons of room and the view was amazing. UGH decisions. :madspit:

all the while the soundboard will be so much closer to the stage in oakland

1st so DEFINITELY do GA, says I.

Cool, thanks, that's what i was thinking! Though I only have boots presale code, so I wonder if there will be any GAs still allocated.

Bono walks around the pit and the bridges move too. GA was cool in Vegas but I was back on the side rail sorta. And I'm not that tall so I had to stand on my tippy toes most of the time. I could see them when they walked around the pit because I could lean my head over the side rail and see them but as for seeing the main stage, I had a pretty hard time.

Hummm well I can get to 6' if I wear my wedges, so hopefully that will help in GA! :)

I still can't believe there may possibly be only 1 show - especially as last tour we got 2 San Jose and 2 Oakland shows. Shucks!!!

Back
Top Bottom