NYC MSG 10/14 - BEST SHOW of Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
All bets on this date being the BEST SHOW of the 2nd leg of the Vertigo tour.
If u were lucky (as i was) to get tickets to this date u are in for a treat.

Sounds a bit braggart-ish, but we shall wait and see.

I will be at that show, and do hope that it is great, but I could care less if it is the best show on the tour.

I just want to see a good one.

Along those lines, a friend of a friend ( I know, I know... ) who is supposedly close to Larry and his family has stated that Larry, and the rest of the band were unhappy with their performance at MSG in May.

Now I was there and the show was a B+ (an A+ compared to other bands), but a B+ in U2 terms. So if they thought it was not their best show, I am sure we are in for something 'special' when they come back around...

this "rumor" sounds very farfetched. I was also at the May show and it was just amazing. Many fans have even labeled this show as one of the 1st leg tour highlights.

I'm gonna laugh if they go with the standard setlist at this show

I am going to cry.

I think we are looking at:

10/07 - Standard setlist

10/08 - Standard setlist + 1 or 2 changes, with a re-ordering of standard setlist

10/10 - Standard Setlist

10/11 - Standard Setlist + 2 order changes different than 10/08

10/14 - At least 3 changes to setlist with at least one song not yet played on Vertigo tour.

My prediction.

oh and 10/13 club show followed by afterparty in my living room

heh heh heh

Chizip said:

this is a great point. I thought that the May msg show was gonna have a crazy setlist but that didnt happen. The only difference with the 10-14 MSG show is that its the last show of a 5 show stand. So "technically" there should be a varrying setlist

Chizip said:

I'm gonna laugh (or cry) if the first show on the 3rd leg is going to have the standard setlist of the 1st or 2nd leg.

U2Man said:

I'm gonna laugh (or cry) if the first show on the 3rd leg is going to have the standard setlist of the 1st or 2nd leg.

:no:

im expecting 3 different songs, i think thats reasonable

Chizip said:

:no:

im expecting 3 different songs, i think thats reasonable

Well, I think so too - but I'm afraid you're too optimistic here. At most one different song is my prediction :(

Well for the third leg of Elevation we got What's Going On and Please...

maybe I am too optimistic :sad:

Chizip said:
Well for the third leg of Elevation we got What's Going On and Please...

maybe I am too optimistic :sad:

:hug: Chizip :hug:

:wink:

Well, just look what happened at Brussels, that's where I was optimistic, but.....

U2Man said:

:hug: Chizip :hug:

:wink:

Well, just look what happened at Brussels, that's where I was optimistic, but.....

Yeah, but that was their first time going through Europe, this is their second time through North America...which means they have to change it up a little bit, dont they?

Chizip said:

Yeah, but that was their first time going through Europe, this is their second time through North America...which means they have to change it up a little bit, dont they?

No. I honestly have lost my believe in it. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. I refuse to be optimistic this time around, though :huh:

We will see Please, Electrical Storm, and Crumbs, take it to the bank!

Also I heard this was going to be the setlist for the 10/14 show

COBL
Vertigo
Electric Co
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Last Night on Earth
Electrical Storm
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
LAPOE
God Pt II
Dirty Day
Please
Promenade
Streets
Walk On

Mofo
Zoo Station
The Fly
Ultraviolet

Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
OOTS
Bad/40

Chizip said:
Also I heard this was going to be the setlist for the 10/14 show

COBL
Vertigo
Electric Co
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Last Night on Earth
Electrical Storm
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
LAPOE
God Pt II
Dirty Day
Please
Promenade
Streets
Walk On

Mofo
Zoo Station
The Fly
Ultraviolet

Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
OOTS
Bad/40

I think this is highly probable. :hmm:
They might play One instead Heartland, but other than that this could very well be a correct prediction :yes: :up:

U2Man said:

I think this is highly probable. :hmm:
They might play One instead Heartland, but other than that this could very well be a correct prediction :yes: :up:

then yes, it would be the best show of the tour

they know Jofo is coming to this show, therefore they will deliver.

:crack:

you guys are on crack.

I really do not think they are going to play Electrical Storm ANYWHERE (and that is perfectly fine with me.) They will probably throw Crumbs in, but we have to remember - what songs are they going to take out of the set to make these changes happen.

I for one would like to see Streets, SBS, BTBS, and Pride taken out of the set. Could you imagine if they acctually had the balls to do that???

Imagine if you will they just decide one of the FIVE shows in NYC is going to be really unique and they do not play their hits, but a different set like Chizip showed.

I mean if they played Hawkmoon, and / or God part II (you can replace either of these with One Tree Hill) I would probably retire as a U2 fan happily. I do not think I would want to see antoher show after that - it would just ruin it for me.

Then again, I guess I could have said this in 1987 as they played One Tree Hill in Giants Stadium at the show I was at :drool:

I am coming over from Scotland for the shows on 10/8 and 10/10. I am hoping that the Monday show (10/10) will be the one with the mixed up setlist as they will be happy to get over the pressure of the NY weekend.

It's my first ever U2 shows outwith the UK.:drool: My 15th overall going back to Edinburgh the day War was released 1983.

BTW - 10/8 will be my 39th birthday - Yay !!

Last edited:
ouizy said:
you guys are on crack.

I for one would like to see Streets, SBS, BTBS, and Pride taken out of the set. Could you imagine if they acctually had the balls to do that???

Imagine if you will they just decide one of the FIVE shows in NYC is going to be really unique and they do not play their hits, but a different set like Chizip showed.

I would take One out before Streets, but this would indeed be a dream come true. :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom