Nov. 5, MGM Grand in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Follow-up

guinessmen said:
And as a follow-up on that, I got leads on three tickets -- one directly behind the stage, upper level 224, one literally across way on the other side of the arena, upper level 202, facing the band, and one on the lower level of that side, lower level 103. The LL 103 ticket is twice as much as the other two. Which one would you get of the three?

As Redrocks said, I agree....don't waste the extra money on the section 103 that is more money even if it is lower level, I feel the experience and view is better in 224. Any seat in the house is a surefire guarantee to be good, this is a nice intimate arena for U2. Very similar in size to the San Diego Sports Arena.

So what did you decide on?

laz just found out he might be rocking a big-time Bellagio suite Friday night...will update as it solidifies, possibly again in third person.

perhaps some post-concert stragglers might be able to get all Puff Daddy Party up in there with me & whatever posse I'm ridin' with.

I'll be in the G.A. line...

lazarus said:
laz just found out he might be rocking a big-time Bellagio suite Friday night...will update as it solidifies, possibly again in third person.

perhaps some post-concert stragglers might be able to get all Puff Daddy Party up in there with me & whatever posse I'm ridin' with.

I'll be in the G.A. line...

with or without your big bellagio puff party, i would like a chance to say hello to you, laz.

:D

i'm sure i'll be checking out the GA line sometime that weekend.

Last time I went to one of these Las Vegas, Interference shin-digs I had 2 PLEBA girls knocking & banging on my hotel door at 3:00 in the morning!

But eventually I let them out.

Hey all...just received an email from the MGM Grand Garden and the instructions for GA is as follows:

U2
Friday-Saturday, November 4-5, 2005
Venue Guidelines

In order to provide a safe, friendly environment during the November 4-5, 2005, performances of U2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, please adhere to the following venue guidelines implemented for festival seating (general admission, standing room only on the floor). Please note that there is a zero tolerance policy for activities or actions that endanger other guests. If you are unable to respect and adhere to the guidelines below, you will be asked to leave the performance without a refund. Thank you for helping us provide each guest with a safe, memorable concert experience.

A line for festival seating access (general admission, standing room only on the floor) will form at 4:00pm on Friday/Saturday, November 4-5, 2005, no sooner. Concertgoers loitering in the area of the Grand Garden Arena prior to 4:00pm will be asked to leave. A single line will form inside Studio Ballroom A&B, located on Studio Walk across from Diego Mexican Restaurant, at 4:00pm. Once inside Studio Ballroom A&B, your ticket will be verified, marked and a wristband for floor access issued. Moreover, the barcode on your ticket will be scanned using a computerized random number generator. A percentage of tickets scanned will result in access to the Ellipse area closest to the stage. If you are randomly selected for festival seating inside the Ellipse, you will be issued a second wristband and can be accompanied by one guest. At approximately 6:30pm, the line from Studio Ballroom A&B will enter the venue and onto the floor. All guests are required to pass through metal detectors.

The following items are prohibited in the festival seating areas:
 Alcohol, bottles or cans;
 Cigarettes and cigars (smoking is limited to the arena lobbies, only);
 Knives (this includes small pen-knives and Swiss Army style pocket-knives);
 Chains, studs or studded clothing;
 Aerosol cans and nail clippers;
 Backpacks, purses and fanny-packs;
 Banners, signs, gifts, stuffed animals, beach balls etc. (any item deemed by management as a potential projectile is prohibited);
 This is merely a partial list of prohibited items and all decisions are at the discretion of management and venue security. If you arrive to the venue with a prohibited item(s), you have the option of returning the item(s) to your room, vehicle, or deposit in a secured trash receptacle, thus forfeiting possession. Prohibited items will not be accepted, held, stored or checked by venue personnel.

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

Hi there! I'm trying to win tix thru my local paper. I highly doubt I'll win since so many people will be entering, but I'm trying to think positively. All those good thoughts have to do some good, don't they?! :) If I win, I will definitely be there for the party!

ThoraSEB said:
Hi there! I'm trying to win tix thru my local paper. I highly doubt I'll win since so many people will be entering, but I'm trying to think positively. All those good thoughts have to do some good, don't they?! :) If I win, I will definitely be there for the party!

Good luck!...hope to see ya there!

no purses! The ladies have to leave it in the car or the room. I wouldn't leave my purse in my hotel room. The last time I was at the MGM, a thief tried to enter my room, with me in it, he had a plastic card, but my deadbolt prevented it, I thought well maybe he's that stupid refrigerator person, but they don't have those in the rooms there, and I saw him running because I yelled and opened the door, he had on a suit and he was carrying a suitcase...good ploy. It is a common problem there, having your rooms broken into, so take nothing you can't live without, and leave nothing in that room you can't live without either. They are very smart to wear a suit, carry a suitcase (put the stuff they steal into it, and they look like a hotel guest), and it was 6:30 p.m., perfect time, few people are in their rooms at 6:30 p.m. they're out at dinner or something. So don't leave your purse in your room!

Back
Top Bottom