North Star confirmed in Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! OMG!

This means NORTH STAR is teh co-1st single off of 'Songs of Project Zero Five One: ASCENT!' The actual first single, 'Every Waking Brave' is described by Bono as "the mother of all rock n roll songs". According to bands manager (after a 3 day bender) its "a sure-fire hit".

SOPZFO: A will be released in the 4th Qtr of 2011, just in time for the Holiday$, with an arena tour to follow early 2012. "I'm not giving anything away," boasts tour designer Willie Williams, " but with this next tour we're gonna do something thats never been done before..."

Production on the album will include Redone, Will.i.am, Danger Mouse, Steve Lillywhite, Rick Rubin, Brian Eno, Chris Thomas, Donald Duck, Flood, Daniel Lanois, Ice-T, and a bunch of monkeys from the zoo.

Early reports range from a "new, daring sound" to "Coldplay on acid". Rolling Stone gives SOPZFO: A five stars ***** and calls it "U2'
s 14th Masterpiece".
I don't get it. Are you taking the piss out of me or the whole North Star scenario. Either way I'm not fussed, I just was trying to understand the humor in your post:)

From these 50 seconds alone, it seems almost like a twin to
Original Of The Species, particularly the single version
with its
piano bits, jangly guitar patterns and build up to the chorus
but slightly more
electronic

I wish they wouldn't talk so darn much. Making an overdub of it is even worse. :angry:

I just got back from a midnight showing. I stayed through the end credits, and it's credited as being produced by RedOne, not Danger Mouse.

I just got back from a midnight showing. I stayed through the end credits, and it's credited as being produced by RedOne, not Danger Mouse.

this is very very interesting. :hmm:

Hard to judge off of just a 50 second clip but I do want to hear the rest of it. I would say a mix of the 'brothers' version of winter and OOTS.

BTW... Wasn't "North Star" a song originally written circa-Bomb times for Cash after his death?

two comments for this

"North Star," a song from the How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb sessions which included a guest organ appearance from Michael W. Smith. In this CCM article, Smith describes the song as a tribute to Johnny Cash.

Singer Michael W. Smith joined the band in the studio during the Atomic Bomb sessions and worked on at least one track with them entitled "North Star". That track, which was a tribute to Johnny Cash, has not yet surfaced officially or unofficially in any form.

this from the actual article from CCM

Towards the end of last year Michael even found time to visit U2's Bono for dinner "with the boys". The visit was extended to the "secret" music studio where the band was recording with producer Steve Lillywhite. Whilst in the studio playing snippets of music, Bono revealed he thought the title to their then forthcoming album, released last November, would be 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb." After asking Michael if he knew how to do so, Bono answered "Love, love, love". Together with the film Passion Of The Christ, that fleeting conversation became the inspiration for Michael's song "I Am Loved" on his new album. Written by Smith with Rocketown Records artist Taylor Sorenson, the song was completed in 15 minutes. Observed Michael, "My favorite songs are always the ones that happen that fast."

Michael's time with U2 also saw him sit in on, and lend his talents to, a tracking session for "North Star" on U2's album, which was a tribute to country music giant Johnny Cash.

OMG! OMG!

This means NORTH STAR is teh co-1st single off of 'Songs of Project Zero Five One: ASCENT!' The actual first single, 'Every Waking Brave' is described by Bono as "the mother of all rock n roll songs". According to bands manager (after a 3 day bender) its "a sure-fire hit".

SOPZFO: A will be released in the 4th Qtr of 2011, just in time for the Holiday$, with an arena tour to follow early 2012. "I'm not giving anything away," boasts tour designer Willie Williams, " but with this next tour we're gonna do something thats never been done before..."

Production on the album will include Redone, Will.i.am, Danger Mouse, Steve Lillywhite, Rick Rubin, Brian Eno, Chris Thomas, Donald Duck, Flood, Daniel Lanois, Ice-T, and a bunch of monkeys from the zoo.

Early reports range from a "new, daring sound" to "Coldplay on acid". Rolling Stone gives SOPZFO: A five stars ***** and calls it "U2'
s 14th Masterpiece".

Epic fucking win.

Back
Top Bottom