North Star confirmed in Transformers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the film today, North Star appears early on - though I have to say I was so distracted by the stunning beauty of Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley in the scene that I can barely remember much about it! Michael Bay's director of photography appears to be a hormonal, pubescent teenage boy (or else that's just his own mindset), given the gratuitous shots of her throughout the film. Nice...

The song, you say? From what I heard, I like it. Full band is better than acoustic and why not release the damn thing on the soundtrack? It clearly exists in recorded form, and like lots of others I'm astonished that U2 have missed so many tricks here. (I don't know if North Star reappears during the credits - can anyone else confirm or deny?)

(I don't know if North Star reappears during the credits - can anyone else confirm or deny?)

Nope. It only appeared at the beginning of the movie. I saw the credits, two songs were played but neither of them was North Star.

So what's the likelihood of this song surfacing in its entirety? Must our only source of listening to "North Star" be a 60-second rip from Transformers 3?

It was played in Miami...a single maybe ?

I'm curious about the full studio version, the short Youtube bits don't give away much, and neither do the acoustic live versions.

I plan to see the movie later today (maybe). If anyone would be so kind as to send the clip, I'd appreciate it.

doctoru2@yahoo.com

My speculation on why the song is not on the soundtrack:
  • Perhaps U2 asked for this song not to be released on the soundtrack as they plan on using it on a future album.
  • Sometimes there are 2 soundtracks for a movie. Perhaps this song will appear on that second soundtrack.
  • Michael Bay may have been very happy to use an unfinished version of the song in the movie - but U2 wanted to polish it more for official release.

I plan to see the movie later today (maybe). If anyone would be so kind as to send the clip, I'd appreciate it.

doctoru2@yahoo.com

My speculation on why the song is not on the soundtrack:
  • Perhaps U2 asked for this song not to be released on the soundtrack as they plan on using it on a future album.
  • Sometimes there are 2 soundtracks for a movie. Perhaps this song will appear on that second soundtrack.
  • Michael Bay may have been very happy to use an unfinished version of the song in the movie - but U2 wanted to polish it more for official release.

Who knows? U2 moves in Mysterious Ways don'cha know? :D

Thanks to the person who sent me the clip, but it doesn't work. I tried playing it in WinAmp, VLC and even iTunes. No player recognized it. I even tried to change the extension to mp3 to see if that would help, but no luck. Either the file came through corrupted or a bad file is being sent. Can someone re-send (doctoru2@yahoo.com)? Thank you! :wave:

Thanks to the person who sent me the clip, but it doesn't work. I tried playing it in WinAmp, VLC and even iTunes. No player recognized it. I even tried to change the extension to mp3 to see if that would help, but no luck. Either the file came through corrupted or a bad file is being sent. Can someone re-send (doctoru2@yahoo.com)? Thank you! :wave:

Thank you to "Vince" who sent the file a second time. This time it worked perfectly! :applaud:

I agree with those who say the song sounds much better performed with a full band. Some songs - like "Staring at the Sun" - worked well acoustically. However, this song needed the extra oomph the full band provides. While we are clearly hearing a slightly muffled version of the song, I enjoyed it. It won't be my favorite U2 song, but it bodes well for a future release, IMO.

My suggestion would be to upload the track you have to Mediafire.com and then share that link here :3

Back
Top Bottom