Non celebrity people you secretly like thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
uh, well, there's this guy at the recordstore when I bought NLOTH... he's really cute.. and he remembered me from friday when I went to pickup the vinyl tuesday.. so we talked a bit more, he's a U2 fan, and now I'm waiting for his phonecall to tell me the vinyl's in! :D

I probably love your Fender Jaguar too. :drool: What colour is it? :lol:

Olympic White with a tortoise shell scratchplate :wink:
not the Sunburst I always thought I'd start with but it's 10 years old, nicely souped up by the previous owner and cost 400. bargain compared to the others :)

I know there is this guy who likes me,he is kind of weird but really sweet,but sadly he isn`t my type,he is my next door neighbor/best friends brother...

You're no good for anyone? That's a load of bull

MrsSpringsteen, just to explain, right now I am NOT good for anyone, in fact, considering I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do and a HELL of a lot of self-confidence/skills/social skills to gain after what I have been through, its gonna take a long time and prob til the end of the year at least, so I hate that I see guys and wish I was 'normal' for them just like, right away - but in the end Im not. haha so I seem to come across as a nutjob to people because Im very very shy and reserved and nervous when dealing with things - then I get embarrassed that I was that way in front of them.

so, now ya kinda know :hug:

You don't have to explain at all, don't owe me that for sure :), and I know all about feeling that way

But you just can try to be nicer to yourself-that's what I try to do sometimes and that's all I meant. And crushes are just someone's way of teaching us-cause more often that not you can find yourself questioning your judgment if you actually get to know them/find out more about what they're like. So maybe they're not normal for you either :shrug: You just have to work things out for yourself and only yourself and not worry about being normal for anyone else-whatever "normal" is :hug:

There's a guy I like. I've been friends with him since my senior year of high school. I used to have a crush on him back then and I had enough guts to ask him if he wanted to take it further. He declined and said he wasn't interested in any relationship at that time.
Then in late August '08, I found out that we go to the same community college in our area. He was in New Zealand for a while with his sister (a break after high school). We caught up on a lot of stuff and now we're really good friends.
I joke with him and call him and ask him to hangout, and vice versa. We hang out often, but lately we've been hanging out to smoke cigarettes and pot.

I don't know if I like him too much, but I know I have some feelings for him. I even talk to him about my promiscuity and my relations with others guys--- yeah, I know, I'm a bad person for trying to get a reaction out of him.
But, whatever. :|
I like him. But since he doesn't return the favor, I suppose I'll keep myself available and be a loyal friend. :madwife:

/end boy rant.

MrsSpringsteen, just to explain, right now I am NOT good for anyone, in fact, considering I have a hell of a lot of catching up to do and a HELL of a lot of self-confidence/skills/social skills to gain after what I have been through, its gonna take a long time and prob til the end of the year at least, so I hate that I see guys and wish I was 'normal' for them just like, right away - but in the end Im not. haha so I seem to come across as a nutjob to people because Im very very shy and reserved and nervous when dealing with things - then I get embarrassed that I was that way in front of them.

so, now ya kinda know :hug:
voice of experience: you never know who might like you, no matter how crap you feel about yourself.

I don't harm anyone with it. And I can't see how honesty would be fun since it'll end in rejection.
I would argue from experience that it harms oneself, it reinforces unrealistic expectations and inhibits very important social skills.

I switched tactics a few years ago to being less invested initially, more forward, and appropriately arrogant; it's a much better strategy, of course there is rejection, but it is better than the 0% success rate of unrequited feelings.

there's this japanese girl that comes into my store at night to play her lottery ticket. she is so gorgeous. i try to talk to her while she's in the store, you know just idle conversion nothing to overt or forward, but she's has this really shy attitude. nothing beyond a yes or no from her. keeps her eye and head kinda downward. don't how else to "reach out", maybe my mojo is finally gone, i just don't have any "game" anymore. it's really too bad. she is so cute and sweet and i can't get her out of my head.

^^ awwww :cute: yeah kos, keep up the idle conversation.

i work at my parents stores and they do lottery and stuff too (liquor stores btw.. haha), and there's this redheaded guy who always buys scratch tickets.. and i think he's cute as hell. so i tell him, "hey, maybe today's your lucky day" or "good luck a-scratchin', hope you win big" and lame cheesy stuff like that.
but he always throws me a smile and sometimes a chuckle, and always a thank you afterwards. :cute:

maybe cracking some jokes would help? idle conversation is great and all, but if you want to improve the random stranger interaction, i strongly suggest you put that mojo into action! :wink:
good luck! :)

thanks guy's, i'm keep on trying. i've been home all week because i pulled a muscle in my back. when i called the store his morning to tell them i'll be coming in tonight, one of the cashiers told me "the customer you have a crush on asked about you". jeeze does everybody know?:reject:

There was a guy I had a major crush on when I worked at the zoo in my college days. He worked in a different department than I. Sweaty palms, heart going all in a tizzy & all that jazz. Funny how I would just get all beat red in his tall, blond hair, blue-eyed presence. Ya think he knew? I did finally sack up and ask him out. He never did tell me no or yes. Guess he didn't want to flat out burst me bubble.

I've since moved away, moved on life and career-wise and wonder every now and then how he's doing. He still works there as my old dept has been assimilated into his...

thanks guy's, i'm keep on trying. i've been home all week because i pulled a muscle in my back. when i called the store his morning to tell them i'll be coming in tonight, one of the cashiers told me "the customer you have a crush on asked about you". jeeze does everybody know?:reject:

:cute: So the shy girl asked about you?? That seems like she's interested.

There was a guy I had a major crush on when I worked at the zoo in my college days. He worked in a different department than I. Sweaty palms, heart going all in a tizzy & all that jazz. Funny how I would just get all beat red in his tall, blond hair, blue-eyed presence. Ya think he knew? I did finally sack up and ask him out. He never did tell me no or yes. Guess he didn't want to flat out burst me bubble.

I've since moved away, moved on life and career-wise and wonder every now and then how he's doing. He still works there as my old dept has been assimilated into his...

see I would NEVER EVER EVER ask a guy out again, ever.

nu uh! I made that mistake years ago, when I was like 20, I had a crush on a cute guy working in the post office. And I was leaving work (as in for good), and so for the last time went in and he and his colleague were there and I just bantered and kept sayin 'ach come out for a drink, ach come on' and stuff like that. His colleague was teasin him and pushin him too, so eventually he said yes and that had me happy!

I swear I was walkin on air with excitement!

but on the 'date' it was shit. he barely spoke to me and now I could put it down to nothing to share, no interest to share, etc, but I really believe he did NOT fancy me (as usual) and so he was uncomfortable. even mentioning about an ex girl he was thinkin of seein again.

that taught me a lesson that men should be asking girls out, because men need to be physically turned on by how a woman/girl looks, and if that aint happenin, then he really doesn't wanna know.

now these days I never get asked out, I blame my looks - but then Im keeping myself to myself cause I hate my image (bad smile and all). I may or may not be correct in what Im doing. Im not being vain about it either, but as an observer, I cant help but notice and stay quiet.

I think if you hang with someone if it happens naturally then thats better.

:up:

I hate dating friends. :|

See, for me, whenever I date a guy, it always begins with a friendship. If there isn't a friendship, then no thank you. I hate that I'm so irrational about dating. Haha.

KOS! That's great! :cute:
If she asked about you, then she definitely noticed you. It means you're in! Keep up the mojo you've been using on her and before you know it, you're gonna steal her heart. :wink:

Mad1, yea I get ya. I learned my lesson though as I haven't asked another guy out again. Some of my guy friends though like to be asked out by the female persuasion. They say it takes the pressure off of them, which I can understand. But I'll just stick with having the dood doing the asking. :)

KOS, that's pretty awesome! Keep on doing what you're doing!

girls/ladies/madams, don't let 1 bad experience with asking a guy out ruin it for you. i can't speak for other guys, but i find a female who's willing to ask me out very attractive.

Mad1, i know how you feel about our looks. i'm bald, big nose, big ears, crooked teeth but it doesn't stop me. i know i ain't hot or handsome, but what's the worst that happen? a girl tells me to f**k off? oh well.

:love: The boy from the recordstore gets cuter every time I see him!

:shifty: I scored his emailadress and phone number today. :lol: U2 tickets are a GREAT excuse! I've no clue how I did this, but I like it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom