No Secret At All - Chapter Twelve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
Disclaimer: although this story is inspired by real people, it is completely fictional. None of it happened. Even the things which are based loosely off reality have been changed/altered for the sake of the storyline. Please don’t mistake any of this for reality or take it seriously – it’s written for the sake of fun and entertainment. No harm intended. There will be some foul / offensive language and adult themes READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

No Secret At All

“I need to talk to you,” Taylor told Adam brusquely. He smiled at her, but she did not return the gesture, breezing past him and out of the room.

“I guess I’m supposed to follow,” Adam quipped, stubbing his cigarette out in an ashtray as he rose from his seat. Larry frowned after his assistant, then up at his friend. He caught Adam’s wrist and looked him in the eye.

“What’s going on with you and her?” he asked, his steely blue eyes demanding an honest answer. Adam sighed and considered his words carefully, smacking his lips before he finally spoke.

“Nothing,” he said. “I’ve been … flirting with her a bit – I like her.” He shrugged and rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

“Have you forgotten about your girlfriend? You know, the supermodel?” Larry asked with a snort of disgust. Whether the disgust was directed at Adam or Katrina was unclear, but that was a moot point.

“Our relationship is complicated,” Adam said; his excuse sounding hollow in his own ears. Larry’s frown deepened, but he released his hold on Adam’s arm.

“Don’t fuck with Taylor,” he warned protectively. “She’s not your type of woman,” he added. Adam nodded in complacent agreement and smiled gently at his friend. He didn’t actually agree with him, in fact he could have pointed out plenty of reasons why he thought he and Taylor were good for one another. He just didn’t want to waste the time – he knew arguing with Larry was like talking to a brick wall; and Taylor was waiting for him.

He found her pacing in the hallway and smiled at her once again. The silent plea in her eyes for him to stop smiling like that wasn’t unnoticed, but Adam couldn’t help but smile all the more for it. He knew how desperate she was to not get involved with him – she didn’t want to like him, but she couldn’t seem to help it.

“Look,” she started, but Adam continued to walk down the hallway, toward his own suite. He turned to glance back over his shoulder and gesture for her to follow. As he slid the key in his door, she caught up to him but she stopped in the open doorway and stared as he started to make himself at home. He knew that the flirting he’d been doing for the past few weeks had finally gotten to the point where she could not simply ignore it any more, and he wanted to have this discussion in private.

“Are you coming in?” He asked, settling back on the love seat in a casual position. He watched her hands squeeze into fists and then open again as she tried to stay calm and focused. The fact that he had elicited such a reaction in her was a good sign, he recognized.

***********************************************************************************

She didn’t want to be alone with him, damn it all! Taylor drew in a deep breath to try and calm her agitated nerves, realized she was flexing her hands into fists and forced herself to relax. She had to confront him and deal with this issue once and for all. She stepped into the room and closed the door behind herself.

“I’m not going to go out with you,” she blurted out. It was not the way she had meant to start. “Look, I don’t want to be rude, but I’ll just say it and get this over with. You can deny it, afterwards and preserve your ego at the sake of my own. It’s alright, I’m a big girl, I won’t break.”

“Taylor…” Adam started to interrupt but she shook her head at him and began talking and pacing at once, both at a rapid pace.

“This has to stop. I’ve played this game before, and I always lose, Adam. Don’t deny it, I know the way it goes. You flirt a little; send me little presents like room service meals, a lingering look and then a few not-so-innocent touches of your hand on my leg, some thinly veiled provocative comments. I get swept off my feet, believing you’re some prince charming Mr. perfect type, and about the time I have given you myself, mind, heart and body you no longer want me and I am left feeling stupid and worthless and alone!” She realized that her voice had risen to a volume and pitch just below a fury.

He had done nothing but sit on the sofa and listen calmly, those deep blue eyes studying her carefully as she worked herself into a frenzy. A lock of her long red hair slipped out of the braid at the nape of her neck and drifted down to tickle her cheek. She brushed it away irritably. He shouldn’t be able to elicit such an impassioned reaction from her.

“It sounds like we’ve gotten a lot further into the relationship than I had realized," he teased. She frowned at him, her green eyes flashing with irritation at his flippancy. She pushed her glasses back up her nose with one finger and the stood before him, her arms crossed over her impressive bust giving him the sternest look she could. He smiled at her again, that crooked, cocky smirk that made her want to either slap it off his face or kiss it off. More the latter, actually. That was the problem.

“Look, the point is … no! Just, no. I don’t date men I work with, I don’t date men who live far enough away from me that we speak with different accents, and I especially don’t date men with girlfriends.”

“Just girlfriends? What about men with wives?” He teased, one of his unusually large forefingers running idly back and forth over his sexy lower lip as he considered his own question.

“I also don’t date smart-asses,” she snapped, turning on her heel, intending to storm out and slam the door behind her. Adam stood and caught her shoulder, his touch sending a warmth through her that she resented but could not resist.

“It’s true,” he told her, his voice soft and melodic in her ear. “All of those are things about me which you don’t like but which are still a part of who I am. Everyone has baggage, Tay. What matters, what really matters is after those things are stripped away… how do you feel about what’s left?”

She turned to him, emotion catching in her throat and silencing her objections.

“Take away the fact that we work within the same management company,” he said, his fingers moving with impressive speed and deftness to unbutton his shirt and let it slide off his shoulders. Taylor gasped but was unable to speak or move as he slipped out of his shoes and socks, saying, “take away the fact that we’re from different countries and long distance relationships are difficult.”

He had his pants unfastened and stepped out of them as he concluded, “Take away the fact that I am entangled in a relationship that is complicated and frustrating and which has kept me from directly telling you how beautiful I think you are.” He stood before her in nothing but a pair of black bikini-briefs, holding his arms out to his sides so she could get a good look. “Once all of that is stripped away, Taylor – tell me you don’t like what’s left? Tell me you don’t want what’s left?”

“Adam, that’s not…”

“Taylor,” he said, his voice firm as he reached out to her, one hand gently under her chin to tilt her face so she would look him in the eye. “Say it. Look me in the eyes and tell me you don’t want me, and I’ll leave you alone. Just say ‘I don’t want you’.”

“I don’t…” she started, her voice trembling and then failing her altogether. “I don’t want this,” she mumbled, looking away.

“Why can’t you say it?” Adam asked, drawing in a step closer, so that his body heat radiated into her but they did not quite touch. “If you don’t want me, why can’t you say it?” he asked gently. If she were to lift her face now, there would be no way to avoid kissing him, he was so close. His breath stirred the hair on her forehead.

“What I want doesn’t matter,” she told him quietly.

“Yes, it does, Tay. You spend your life taking care of other people, taking care of what they want and paying no mind to what you want. Who takes care of what you want?” he asked her, reaching out to stroke her cheek with his thumb, his other hand slipping around her waist to settle possessively against the small of her back.

“Let me take care of you,” he whispered, his lips brushing her temple as he drew her up against himself, one hand caressing her back, the other coaxing her to look up at him again. Slowly, unsurely, she lifted her face and sighed as she accepted his kiss – his full, firm lips gentle and patient as she yielded haltingly to their caress. Her hands rested against the hot, bare skin of his chest, fingers toying with the spattering of hair centered between his nipples.

“I… want to,” she finally admitted, letting her head fall back in a submissive pose as his mouth slid down over her exposed throat, teeth and tongue playing over sensitive spots to make her tense and gasp. “I don’t know how to,” she admitted sadly.

“Let’s start small…” he murmured against her skin just before drawing her earlobe into his mouth and nipping it gently between his teeth, his breath searing the inside of her ear and making her shiver. He guided her backwards toward the bed and lay her down gently, settling himself on his side next to her. He worked the braid out of her hair and ran his fingers through it admiringly. “You are so beautiful,” he said on a sigh as he kissed her again.

“Let me make you feel good for awhile,” he said, fingers slipping past the hem of her shirt to graze sensitive skin beneath it. She jumped in surprise at the strength of sensation. It had been a very, very long time…

The voice in the back of her head was screaming at her to get out; say no, walk away… this could only lead to heartache. *Shut up!* she told it. The voice reminded her that he had a girlfriend; a beautiful, sexy, powerful woman whom millions of men desired. *Shut up and give me this – just tonight. Let me believe him for tonight* she told it, sliding down under the blanket of hazy desire Adam was creating. She so rarely allowed herself even the smallest of pleasures… She would deal with the problems it caused soon enough; tonight she would indeed let him make her feel good. She had no doubt whatsoever about his ability to do so.

:combust:

well that's sure one hell of a comeback chapter SG! :love:

:giggle: hopefully the next few weeks will provide you with enough inspiration for the rest of the story!

Hmm - not really supposed to be 'funny' :eyebrow: and eventually, I will finish this story - just needed to take a break - I have a few other projects going at the moment :wink:

:ohmy:
Forgive me for being late to the party however, I just notice your "location"....
16 WEEKS!!!???!!!
Holy crap woman! CONGRATS!!!

Back
Top Bottom