No Alcohol At U2 show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't get why people get drunk at U2 concert, you're going for the music, not to ruin yourself.

Some people go to the concert to get drunk, the music is incidental, especially here in the UK. Glasgow and Sheffield were flowing.

I would agree with kram;

Loose, tipsy, relaxed--Yes.
Drunk--No.

I prefer alcohol sales at a concert because often you need to drive to a concert, and it is not cool/fun/safe to drink beforehand and drive there--or, to piss off a designated driver with your confined drunken behavior on the ride there--fascinating concert anecdotes, singing, etc.

I believe I've only been drunk at 3 concerts (and the fact that I can remember which ones means I wasn't that drunk), none of them U2 and none in the last 10 years.

I was wasted for one of the POP shows (in LA with Rage opening for them) and I barely remember that show. Never again.

I wouldnt get drunk at a U2 concert because for one i want to remember it and second Its like 7 dollars for a beer at the stadium im seeing them at. haha

I don't really drink at concerts because it gives me a headache after awhile.

Yeah there's no sense getting so smashed - on anything - that you don't remember the show, what's the point.

Or end up missing the show because you were so drunk that security wouldn't let you through the gates, and you were carted off by the local police. I saw that happen to two women at Foxboro last September.

Loosening up/relaxing however is alllll good! :)

:up: I'm all about being nice and relaxed and happy :)

I will usually have 3 or 4 beers in the course of a concert but definitely not get smashed. Although I'd say I had a lot more than at Slane 2001 for example but I do remember most of it.

I believe I've only been drunk at 3 concerts (and the fact that I can remember which ones means I wasn't that drunk), none of them U2 and none in the last 10 years.

:lol:

I've actually always wanted to drink at a U2 show. I never have because I'm always the driver :grumpy:

I've been drunk at only 1 show... ever. a Bloc party/Franz Ferdinand show in las Vegas and I must say it was awesome dancing with my friends in the back of the floor not giving a rats ass about my moves or lack thereof :sexywink:

I've been drunk at only 1 show... ever. a Bloc party/Franz Ferdinand show in las Vegas and I must say it was awesome dancing with my friends in the back of the floor not giving a rats ass about my moves or lack thereof :sexywink:

:up::up::up:

One of my "drunk" concerts was Har Mar Superstar at The 7th Street Entry.

Har Mar Superstar

If you have not seen Har Mar, you've not seen whiteboy funk-soul-R&B at its best (worst?). But do have a few drinks first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom