NLOTH (the song)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onyourkneesboy

The Fly
So is the NLOTH Walmart-clip the original album version (I hope so!)?
Or is it the "alternate version" of the GOYB-single?

I kind of has a wondeful "Levitate" mood, Zooropa-style!

Does anybody know?

I highly doubt that the CD Uni would give to WalMart to generate their MP3s from had a non-album track in place of an album-track.

I think it's definitely the album track, it's quite similar to the leak of it we had a year ago recorded outside HQ. but that recording was very confusing because it was NLOTH and Unknown Caller crammed into one.
it was in very bad quality but you could hear the same high shouting monotonous vocals and the same tempo of the wallmart sample, and the same chorus but in addition it had 2 shortened Unknown Caller choruses, and the ending quitar solo of Unknown Caller.

the punkish version is supposedly faster and less spacey

I guess they tried to put the two songs together. As we know from the Achtung Baby sessions, it's a long time common practice for them and Eno to stitch together and break apart different songs. they use all the "Ideas" - Riffs, melody lines, slogans, drum parts, hooks, etc. as building bricks in different contexts and see what works out best for them.
Another intersting bit is that the intro to Unknown Caller sounds like a slowed down electric version of the acoustic track you hear on the larryinstudio clip.

Back
Top Bottom