NLOTH - Hybrid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bdogminterference@gmail.com :up:

I tried to merge them once, Album up to the long 2:10 'oooh' with NLOTH2 picking up after that. The switch was too obvious, so I gave up. If I had better software to clean it up a little it 'would have been' great I bet. :huh:

I know, I started out that same way myself. But It just didn't work. For starters each track has different BPMs, NLOTH is 100 and NLOTH 2 is 110, so I made both of em 105 BPMs without changing the pitch, using audacity, and the mix is more than just pasting half a song into the other one. I've layered them on top of eachother.

Just sent it to you (and all above for that matter), enjoy!

As Ive pretty much decided that I heart NLOTH more than any other song on the album, Ive very much appriciate hearing your mix of the 2. :drool:

zelobster @ gmail.com

Thats very good. :hmm: You got the great drums and the best ending going on, the only thing that'd make that better would me more of the guitar from 2. :D

But very good! Impressive. :)

I just saw another thread and realised that it's ok to post the link since it's not official material , am I right? That and I thought I'd just bump this coz I'm real happy with the results.

http://www. send space .com/file/cnk5g8

Well done man, that really is fantastic.... I really miss the "NO..........NO LINE" from the album version and the way you have mixed it in here is wonderful...

NLOTH 1>>>>>>>>Nloth 2. Not enough good from 2, to even worry about mixing them. I surprised to hear anyone say the actually like the NO! NO LINE! part from 2. That is the part to me, that makes it sound like an awful cheesy b-side.

1 is probably my favorite song on the album, and I have listened to 2 maybe twice since the album came out.

I'm dying for a copy. I'd love to pay for it but can't in Canada. If anyone can help by directing me to where I can buy it or download it I'd be forever grateful!!!

Thank you!

I'm dying for a copy. I'd love to pay for it but can't in Canada. If anyone can help by directing me to where I can buy it or download it I'd be forever grateful!!!

Thank you!

Not really sure what your talking about here. This thread is about mixing both versions of no line on the horizon into a mix, which I've made, you can download it, there's a link in page 3.

If you could, I bet you would discover that the people who prefer NLOTH2 are the ones who grew up liking bands like the Buzzcocks, the Ramones and the Sex Pistols. I would imagine that NLOTH2 could sound almost "silly" for those who don't hear that connection.

The album version fits the album better, but NLOTH2 is the one I crank to top volume and listen to repeatedly.

If you could, I bet you would discover that the people who prefer NLOTH2 are the ones who grew up liking bands like the Buzzcocks, the Ramones and the Sex Pistols. I would imagine that NLOTH2 could sound almost "silly" for those who don't hear that connection.

The album version fits the album better, but NLOTH2 is the one I crank to top volume and listen to repeatedly.

^Exactly. The album version should be on the album. But NLOTH2 is the one I play more, turned up! And yes about the bands you mentioned :up:

I love NLOTH2 - I play it more than the album version also, I just think it has a much more propulsive vibe than the album version which I also love but for different reasons. I think this mix of the two really captures the best qualities of each.

Back
Top Bottom