Nloth for sale from midnight tomorrow in hmv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allcub

The Fly
:drool:After reading this in dotmusic I just called HMV in Grafton Street Dublin and they confirmed the album is going on sale tomorrow night at midnight, also in Galway too!!

Apologies if this has already been posted!

Is it possible that the leak has compelled Universal to start selling the physical CD earlier than planned? That has certainly happened with leaked albums in the past.

Tomorrow? It's not meant to be out for a week :ohmy:

Yep I asked the guy if they were bringing it forward by a week and he said they were!! I just downloaded the album from the links on here but I think I'll wait for the fresh shiny and new one now! :applaud:

So any chance this could happen worldwide?
I am still holding out for the cd...hoping it's going to be earlier than March 3rd as the wait is killing me! :waiting:

thought this could happen. It seems that the old style release strategy is moving on and record companies are geared up for release.

Part of me wonders if yesterday's leak was accidental at all...:hmm:

You are a stronger person that I.
kudos

I didn't wait for ATYCLB in 2000 and I regretted it...I had more fun with HTDAAB in 2004 opening the cd and sitting down and doing nothing else but to listen to the whole thing knowing it was the best quality....I want that again....but it's still 13 days away man...please release it in Canada earlier than planned!!!:pray::pray::pray:

I'm waiting for the CD release as well, but it's tough. If it's true that HMV in Dublin is going to start selling the CD tomorrow night, I think there's a decent chance that the worldwide release will be moved up as well. With any luck, we should be able to buy the CD by the end of this week, or early next week. :)

Guys is their any confirmation anywhere? Not that I don't trust the OP, I just would like to see it confirmed in a newspaper somewhere

Surely they'd advertise this if they did it?

Give it time. If the worldwide release is going to get moved up, it will take a while to get all the details arranged and make the announcement. If the CD is going on sale early, you can bet there are lots of phone calls taking place right now between Universal and various retailers. Maybe we'll know something definitive later today or tomorrow.

Give it time. If the worldwide release is going to get moved up, it will take a while to get all the details arranged and make the announcement. If the CD is going on sale early, you can bet there are lots of phone calls taking place right now between Universal and various retailers. Maybe we'll know something definitive later today or tomorrow.

Yeah thats right, this only leaked 12 hours ago so logistically it must be a nightmare to get the physical discs released a week early.

I'm not sure if the CD is going to sell early worldwide because they've marketed the hell out of March 2/3 being the sale date, but I think they want to get it out legally where possible (Japan, Ireland, iTunes) ASAP

This looks like a false alarm;

Midnight opening for U2 album launch
U2 fans are expected to begin queuing outside Irish music stores next week to be the first to get their hands on the band's long-awaited new album.

HMV said it was opening two outlets in Grafton Street, Dublin and Galway at midnight on Thursday, 26 February because of overwhelming interest in the world launch of 'No Line on the Horizon'.

It is the first studio release from the band in almost five years and goes on sale in Ireland three days before it hits UK shelves on 2 March.

AdvertisementThe album will be released in five different formats, including CD, LP vinyl and three limited edition versions which will be accompanied by a companion film, 'Linear'.

HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said: "We have had an incredible amount of interest in the new album with a considerable number of pre-orders secured recently. We are responding to demand and are opening our stores in Grafton Street and Galway so that fans will have the opportunity to pick up their copy within minutes of its release. All our stores will be fully stocked to cater for the strong demand."

"We advise fans to come down early to be in with a chance to receive a U2 goody bag," he added.

Okay, we need someone to call HMV on Grafton Street and get define clarification quoting the above info. Maybe he has his Thursday's wrong!

^^That news story was written before the leak. According to the person who started this thread, someone at an HMV in Dublin told him today that the album will go on sale at midnight THIS Thursday... a week early. Who knows if the "U2 goody bags" will still be involved, though. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom