Nice people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I met one yesterday...well I met several.
I was staying at a camping ground at the beach( heavenly, paradise on earth) Yesterday evening I went in to their little store to buy milk/bread, the usual.
They had a bookshelf near the counter, obviously pre-LOVED books and lo and behold, what should be on top of the pile? I'd recognise that beautiful photograph anywhere..."U2- Unforgettable Fire"
I asked was it for sale? The woman who owns the park said no, it's our lending library, just borrow it and bring it back. They operate with an honesty system.
I really really wanted to buy it, so I asked again this morning. She said just take it, it's OK, it's yours.
How generous and gracious is that?
I met her husband at daybreak this morning..unbelievable!! He was walking around the tents delivering the daily newspaper to people's doorsteps...well tents!! What service!! Their 2 year old daughter obviously wanted to tell me something. She was concerned because someone had left their sandals by the pool the day before. Kindness must run in their family.
I'm going back there!!! asap. I want to LIVE there!!
Anyway...back to the book. I couldn't just take it.
Last week in the howling southerly wind, a father who's little daughter had died of leukemia was paddling his sea kayak from Brisbane to Sydney. I saw his photo in the newspaper , when he passed through our area. He looked exhausted and still had a long way to go. He is raising funds for cancer research. There was a donation jar on the counter of the store, so I donated what I could spare to his effort and shall give more when I can.
It was a beautiful day..indeed,I was touched by their spirit.
Does anyone not have that book? I now have 2 copies.
U2 seem to pop up in the most unexpected places with the most wonderful results. I love it!!

Something else truly beautiful happened last Wednesday too....more nice people and happy endings/beginnings.
But that's a whole other story , for another day. I'll be back....

Anyone else want to tell us about a serendipitous(is that a word?) U2 experience...or some nice people you have encountered? possibly? maybe?

My Dad bought me that book one time

Cass has inspired me to be nicer to people becuase sometimes I can be a right witch and I feel bad now with all those nice people out there

:up: @ guy paddling the kayak for his daughter :(

it's cool lara "witches" can be nice too

..something I learned reading the Christy Moore book. A guy I was talking to the other day called a woman a "witch", just after I read what Christy had to say...9 million women. I'd not hear that figure before...
You can't be "nice " all the time...some people don't deserve it. I'll scan my teddy bear fridge magnet for when I return. He inspires me some days. Maybe my new avatar?The old hairy scary bear..I love him.
Now you've inspired me.That guy, the kayaker is working so hard. They have t'shirts to commemorate his journey for $25, money goes to the cause.( the cost of an Avril CD..bah humbug)I'll save up...no "snacking" for a month, that should do the trick.
Holey doley..it's a hot night here....the BIGGEST huntsman spider is making it's way towards me...I'll be nice and give it to NASA to put on the next space shuttle out of here...ekkkkkkk. The computer has been moved into an unused room.Stirred up the residents ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I do try to be nice but some people really start to be nasty to me and then I sort of just get mad

I told the newspaper people to give my ?10 cheuqe they were going to send me this month to a cancer charity its not a lot but I would jut put that money on my mobile phone or something

took a while...but here ya go

woops....maybe I shouldn't have told that nice couple how hard I think they work and how sweet their child is.
There have been several articles in the local newspaper this past week saying they have resigned, it's a 7 day a week, 24 hour a day kinda job and they want to spend more time with their children. there ya go.

lara I think you noticed my thread about the young local man Gavin, who was so grieviously injured at a sawmill last week.Poor guy, he's suffering. They have induce him in to a coma, so his body can try and survive. He has lost his spleen and a lot of stomach amd oesophagus ( can't spell that).He's on a respirator, critical but stable. I saw his car sitting in their driveway when I took the kids to the school bus last week. It's not usually ther then, he's usually at work by that time. Made me :sad: it did. I really really don't want my son to work at the mill. But we need timber. Son #2 has gone shopping for wood today to start his examination piece for his HSC. Nice timber is soooooooo expensive, and rightly so, in this day and age.
I shall never forget the first time I listened to the ATYCLB...Peace On Earth floored me..."we cut them down and use them on our enemies"
I have to go..I want to tell my other "nice people " story one day. It involves a wedding..a story that is sad, then poignant then romantic, then happy. One day
Anyway...the aforementioned miffed teddy
peace and bear :hug: to you:wave:
larry mullen jr= world's greatest drummer:larry: :yes: :heart:

Attachments

• bbted.jpg
    bbted.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom