nice little timeline on Yahoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1983: War
The first single "New Year's Day" broke U2 into the mainstream despite dealing with the religious imagery and the IRA. Though critics tried to mislead listeners, the album's track "Sundy Bloody Sunday" was Pro-IRA, however Bono denounced violence vehemently.

1996: Larry Mullins and Adam Clayton work their musical magic on Mission Impossible's theme, which went Top 10 in the US and UK.

2004: U2 sells out Madison Square Garden for 8 nights.

2005: U2 surprise New Yorkers by a live performance video taping of "All Because of You" starting in Times Square and ending with a concert in Brooklyn.

worst... timeline... ever...

1987: First number one hit "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on Billboard Top 100 Chart.

Wrong. With or Without You was their first #1 single on the Billboard Top 100.

1996: Larry Mullins and Adam Clayton work their musical magic on Mission Impossible's theme, which went Top 10 in the US and UK.

Larry Mullins?! :lol:

The timeline is nice by Yahoo, but has SO many errors, many of which are already pointed out, that it really detracts from it.

Then again, U218's own booklet stated that "I Still Haven't Found..." was the first #1 U2 song in the U.S. So if U2's own CD can't get their own information right, how can Yahoo?

Back
Top Bottom