NHL 2014-2015 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicago-Anaheim should be fun, but the prospect of watching the fucking Rangers for another series makes me want to pull my teeth out.

I'm hoping for an Anaheim-Tampa final for two reasons:

1. That's what I have in my pool and I want to win the cash (Ducks in 5)

2. In terms of ratings and interest it would be hell for Bettman

3. Fuck Gary Bettman

I know I said two reasons, #3 was a bonus

I never liked Berube, but even his defenders sort of gave in after he started forcing Steve Mason to play hurt. The only defenses mustered for him at season's end were "he's not even gotten two years, he deserves more time."

Sports fans on the west coast are so lucky to be in that time zone, makes watching a little easier. As much as I would have liked to, there's no way I could have watched almost six full periods of hockey last night/this morning.

Sports fans on the west coast are so lucky to be in that time zone, makes watching a little easier. As much as I would have liked to, there's no way I could have watched almost six full periods of hockey last night/this morning.

I watched every minute of that game, it was excellent but I'm paying for it today :yawn:

Yeah, I packed it in after the first overtime.

Babcock is overrated. Sure, he's a good coach, but he could never get his players ready for the big ones and blew a lot of series.
He had mega loaded teams with Detroit. Anyone who walks into a roster with the likes of Yzerman, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc and can only muster 1 cup in 10 years is a disappointment. This has been in the works a while and doesn't at all come as a surprise.
Regardless, from all of what I've seen and heard, he's a good man and a solid coach. Good luck to wherever he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There are a fair few gold medals around Canadian international players' necks that say otherwise.

That's cause Canada had by far the best roster in the field.
I'm talking about playoffs and having his teams not choke off up 3-1 and 2-0 in huge series' nearly every year.
I've watched this guy's teams for 10 years, he's not that great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Originally, I thought the Hawks would take this series in an epic game 7 and redeem themselves for last year.

Now I'm revising my prediction to Ducks in 6. One shot on goal in 10 minutes of power plays? Get the fuck out of here. It was hard to watch. The Ducks were so physically dominant, it was like playing a brick wall. We're too small and too injured to win this series.

It doesn't help that our coach is coddling the players and dressing backups in the middle of the series because he wants to keep our best depth "fresh." For what? It's do or die. If two lines are getting great looks, don't fracture them for winning a long, tiring game. It's fucking working!

The only real hope is that the Ducks get a bunch of injuries of their own. Since he's on his last legs anyway, maybe they'll put Timonen to work for once, in a Tonya Harding role.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I'm thrilled with what I've seen out of Tampa so far. The ratings would suck, but Ducks/Lightning would be a good series. Just no Rangers, please.

3 goals surrendered in 37 seconds. Mere minutes after going up 3-1.

I hate sports.

Last edited:

I've never been more grateful. It would've been 2 am if I'd been watching that game at home :crack:

It doesn't help that our coach is coddling the players and dressing backups in the middle of the series because he wants to keep our best depth "fresh." For what? It's do or die. If two lines are getting great looks, don't fracture them for winning a long, tiring game. It's fucking working!

IDK, I feel like it worked. The team needed to win that game 2 so they didn't go into 3 down two already, but I think they kinda just let game 3 go so they could be more rested for the rest of the series. I mean, I feel like it worked...however:

3 goals surrendered in 37 seconds. Mere minutes after going up 3-1.

I hate sports.

This was fucking atrocious and they're not going to take it all if they continue to let this shit happen. Never forget, they did the same thing many times in both the Predators and Wild series as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom