NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was, nobody's saying anything. And he was on the field - they just didn't look for him. After he destroyed the Eagles in the first half. Mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as going for 2 at 6-0.

Alas...

But believe it or not, there is one scenario (at least) where the Giants can win the division at 8-8 and on a tie-breaker. The Eagles would have to beat the Redskins twice and lose all their other games, which would make them 7-9, and the Cowboys would have to beat the Eagles, but lose their other four, making them 7-9 too. Then the Redskins could lose to the Eagles twice and to the Giants, making them 2-4 in the division, but win their other two games (against Jacksonville and Tennessee) to finish 8-8.

That would leave the Giants and Redskins tied at 8-8 and 2-4 in the division, with the Cowboys and Eagles being at 7-9. In that scenario, the Giants would win the division on the third tie-breaker -- common games.

ex0rqf4.jpg

There isn't

andy dalton goes on IR, done for the season.

bengals will start a quarterback that has never started before, and have signed a free agent backup.

guess what that free agent backup's name wasn't?

Vince McMahon? Donald Trump?

Are we sure Colin Kaepernick wants a backup gig? Not that you’re wrong - he should probably be signed to start. Especially when the bengals have a season that can be salvaged still.

Also, boy did I think I was clever picking up dalton in all leagues and starting him :/

Are we sure Colin Kaepernick wants a backup gig?

well nobody in their right mind would offer him a starting job after not playing a snap in almost two seasons. if someone offers him a contract and he insists on starting then he's an idiot but apparently he's still working out every day like he wants to play so i doubt he'd do that and risk having no chance at all.

well nobody in their right mind would offer him a starting job after not playing a snap in almost two seasons. if someone offers him a contract and he insists on starting then he's an idiot but apparently he's still working out every day like he wants to play so i doubt he'd do that and risk having no chance at all.

Maybe not in this Bengali emergency situation, but I think my point was more pecking order. He isn’t a third string QB - he’s by all means a backup to a good QB or a starter on a team that has QB issues (not immediately, but in general).

Queue Blakey B, MVP!

Hammer dropped on Kareem Hunt. Very interested to see what they do, considering what ended up happening with Ray Rice.

I had posted this on Facebook too but sad that I found out about this because within minutes people were saying “pick up Spencer Ware now” on Twitter

Dunno why KC didn’t just defend him, given that they apparently knew the whole time.

Anyways, fantastic. Thank you you piece of shit human being, you make the world a worse place...

and you ruined all of my fantasy football league chances at bye weeks.

I heard KC was trying to claim they didn't know (which would be complete bullshit), was that not true?

I heard KC was trying to claim they didn't know (which would be complete bullshit), was that not true?

Their statement says he lied to them about the incident and the video proves that.

So in essence they are claiming to have not seen the video and that he told a different story.

I call BS on the league not having seen the video. How can TMZ get hold of these videos and the NFL can not?

Same as with Ray Rice, I believe Goodell saw the video and stupidly assumed the public would never see it.

Fire his ass.

I call BS on the league not having seen the video. How can TMZ get hold of these videos and the NFL can not?

This is silly.

TMZ gets videos all the time because everyone knows that if you want to leak something and get paid a handsome sum to leak it you go to TMZ.

It was likely a disgruntled former employee of the hotel who leaked it, or someone who thought enough time had passed that they wouldn't get caught.

And hey, good on that person for leaking it so that this scumbag can get what they deserve.

But the premise that the NFL had to have seen the video because TMZ got it is absurd.

This is silly.

TMZ gets videos all the time because everyone knows that if you want to leak something and get paid a handsome sum to leak it you go to TMZ.

It was likely a disgruntled former employee of the hotel who leaked it, or someone who thought enough time had passed that they wouldn't get caught.

And hey, good on that person for leaking it so that this scumbag can get what they deserve.

But the premise that the NFL had to have seen the video because TMZ got it is absurd.

How does the video supposedly stay hidden through a police investigation?
No way that this is the first time the hotel has released the video.

How does the video supposedly stay hidden through a police investigation?
No way that this is the first time the hotel has released the video.
It's not. They gave it to the police department.

They're under no responsibility to give proprietary security footage to anyone other than the police, and even then that would be voluntary unless there were a warrant.

If an employee shared it without permission they'd be fired and likely sued, and if the police shared it they'd jeopardize any potential legal action.

That this is the first time anyone outside of the hotel or the police saw it, and that it was TMZ who obtained it, is hardly shocking or some unthinkable thing. It happens all the time. It's probably some disgruntled former hotel employee who got his/her hands on it and sold it.

It's always possible the league and/or chiefs tried to bury this, but they'd have to be the stupidest people on Earth, after Ray Rice, to do so and think that it wouldn't eventually come out.

You really think it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the Chiefs, who drafted Tyreek Hill, didn’t keep mum knowing it was the best move for the success of team and franchise at the time?

They saw that shit. They knew what was up. This was their out. Throw him under the bus after. And he probably knew and agreed to those terms should it leak. They’re in on it.

Huge conspiracy theory to believe a team not known for its zero tolerance policy suddenly enacts a zero tolerance policy when caught.

Tin foilzzzzzz

Idk if they saw the video or not, but I definitely heard enough people saying this was a known incident since February to refuse to believe the Chiefs didn't know he was in potential trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom