NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really sure if Houston would have hung on to win that game anyway, but yeah, definitely a major blunder.

And lol at the Ravens. At least the Patriots gave the Titans more of a game.

Hope all those players enjoy the Pro Bowl.

I think if Houston handled the lead like any functioning football team, they would have held on. You have to make the game as short as possible and make Kansas City take as long as possible to score. But yeah giving them 3 consecutive possessions in your own territory was the equivalent of them saying they didn’t really want to win.

Kansas City was coming back to win that game, it just would have taken longer than, oh, 5 minutes if Bill O'Brien wasn't a bumbling idiot.

Probably, but not definitely.
Let's not forget that the easy score off the fake punt was followed by the HOU returner puking the ball back to KC on the HOU 6 yard line and another incredibly easy score. If Houston punts, possible KC doesn't score on the ensuing drive (likely would have started between their own 20 and 30), then that's 14 quick points KC doesn't get, more time off the clock and completely different momentum to the game.
Don't know how a single Texans player has any confidence going forward if O'Brien is still the HC.

Probably, but not definitely.

Let's not forget that the easy score off the fake punt was followed by the HOU returner puking the ball back to KC on the HOU 6 yard line and another incredibly easy score. If Houston punts, possible KC doesn't score on the ensuing drive (likely would have started between their own 20 and 30), then that's 14 quick points KC doesn't get, more time off the clock and completely different momentum to the game.

Don't know how a single Texans player has any confidence going forward if O'Brien is still the HC.
Obviously it's all hypotheticals and nobody can know what would have happened. Alas...

Houston's lead was almost entirely built upon self inflicted wounds by Kansas City. A blown coverage, two easy drops on 3rd down that would have moved the chains (Hill's could have gone for a lot of yards), a blocked punt and a dropped punt.

If the score was still 24-0 and Kansas City seemed listless and dead, I might be on your side on this one... but they had just scored and just held the Texans to a stop. The momentum turn had already begun. O'Brien being a shitty coach only spend the process up.

I put a few pennies on the total final score being between 52-59 points. They hit 52 in the first damn half.

This is the least confident I’ve felt going into a Packers Championship Sunday since the ‘95 Dallas matchup.

Niners look like the most complete team left, certainly have the best defense, so I'd expect them to win today. Wroggers factor is the thing that gives GB a chance.

In the AFC, I'd like to see the Titans win but think the glass slipper gets shattered by Mahomes today.

this is the first time in over a decade that i've been fine with any of the four remaining teams winning the super bowl.

oh i had not noticed that, indeed that's totally a coincidence.

though i will say that i'm rooting for a chiefs-packers superb owl, mostly because if GB wins my buddy who's a huge packers fan will be ecstatic, and alternately i'd also like very much to see andy reid finally win one.

Last edited:
Niners look like the most complete team left, certainly have the best defense, so I'd expect them to win today. Wroggers factor is the thing that gives GB a chance.

In the AFC, I'd like to see the Titans win but think the glass slipper gets shattered by Mahomes today.

I actually think the Packers D is the thing that gives GB a chance. A Pick 6 or Z Smith sack fumble could swing momentum. But I agree. I’m just happy the Packers did what they did this year, and I think one more offensive weapon could put them on top next year.

oh i had not noticed that, indeed that's totally a coincidence.

though i will say that i'm rooting for a chiefs-packers superb owl, mostly because if GB wins my buddy who's a huge packers fan will be ecstatic, and alternately i'd also like very much to see andy reid finally win one.

Agreed. Andy Reid is a great guy. It would be awesome to see him win a ring. If the Packers win tonight, Reid’s ring can wait another year. Haha

That was a bullshit PI call on the Hardman catch. Someone needs to do something about the intentionally-underthrown PI play.

Cornerbacks could probably help by turning around

The contact happened because the player had to stomp on the brakes in order to catch a ball that more accurately was thrown to the cornerback. If the contact would’ve happened earlier or if the ball was ahead of the receiver, I would agree with the call. I just think they need to let plays like this go. Or at the very least make a PI 1 vs a PI 2, where PI 1 is in the style of college football for 15 yards instead of spot of the foul. It’s just absurd that they can march all the way down field on a mediocre play.

The contact happened because the player had to stomp on the brakes in order to catch a ball that more accurately was thrown to the cornerback. If the contact would’ve happened earlier or if the ball was ahead of the receiver, I would agree with the call. I just think they need to let plays like this go. Or at the very least make a PI 1 vs a PI 2, where PI 1 is in the style of college football for 15 yards instead of spot of the foul. It’s just absurd that they can march all the way down field on a mediocre play.

I hear you but it's an impossible fix. If you merely make it a 15 yard penalty defenses will do it on purpose at the end of games or when they know they're clearly beat.

I bet the Chiefs are going for the Packers so they can finally avenge that Super Bowl 1 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom