NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be fair, it's hard to sneak in every story when you spend 14 hours a day on Favre and the other 10 on Vick.

lol, that's funny, i didn't even know ESPN was being bashed in here before i started the thread.

Mark Sanchez

Clearly, ESPN has run out of budget for "coverage of white quarterbacks." Brett Favre has saved your ass, Big Ben.

I didn't realize Big Ben was doing promos for Dick's Sporting Goods now.

The joke writes itself, so I'm going to contain myself.

I don't know but, if I was a team going into the year with a shaky QB situation (like, say, the Broncos), I would give him a lot of consideration.

i think Houston should make a run at Vick. Matt Schaub has missed 10 games in the last 2 years, so it's very hard to count on him. Vick would have an awesome supporting cast if he had to take over as starting QB. and if Schaub somehow stays healthy, Vick would only give them 1 more weapon.

I don't want him on my Niners. He would be too much of a distraction, for one, plus, I don't really like him as a quarterback. I think that the San Francisco front office will look at what kind of distraction Bonds was to the baseball Giants and pass on Vick. At least I hope so.

So, where do we think Vick lands?

Imagine this:

Two back shotgun formation. On one side Michael Vick and on the other Brad Smith (currently a wide receiver but a Big 12 starting quarterback in college.) Three guys that can throw the football with two that can run or catch. The plays that could be created in that formation would be insane. You could run it far more than simply the Wildcat too. From a strictly football standpoint he'd be great for the Jets. :up:

Don't you guys think it's kind of bullshit that Vick serves his 'Federal Prison Term' and Mr. Goody-ell feels the need to add punishment on top of it?

Why not suspend him right after he was sentenced? When he admitted guilt.
Rather than after he's completed his sentence and so the league could have this public relations moment. What a fucking charade, IMO.

I am all for cleaning up the image of the league and if Dickhead Jones couldn't keep his nose clean after the dozenth time, fine by me, kick his ass out. But Vick had no priors, did something (as egregious as it was) and served his fucking time. How does Goodell inject his hand into this thing after the fact?

Am I alone on this?

Don't you guys think it's kind of bullshit that Vick serves his 'Federal Prison Term' and Mr. Goody-ell feels the need to add punishment on top of it?

Why not suspend him right after he was sentenced? When he admitted guilt.
Rather than after he's completed his sentence and so the league could have this public relations moment. What a fucking charade, IMO.

I am all for cleaning up the image of the league and if Dickhead Jones couldn't keep his nose clean after the dozenth time, fine by me, kick his ass out. But Vick had no priors, did something (as egregious as it was) and served his fucking time. How does Goodell inject his hand into this thing after the fact?

Am I alone on this?

Not alone at all.

2rwthc5.jpg

A week ago marked my first in-person exposure to the completed Jerry World. It's unbelievable.

It'll be interesting to see how it runs once the season picks up.

The old stadium was the biggest piece of shit of a stadium I've seen in person. Worse than the Vet or RFK, really. It was putrid.

It'll be interesting to see how it runs once the season picks up.

The old stadium was the biggest piece of shit of a stadium I've seen in person. Worse than the Vet or RFK, really. It was putrid.

Definitely. There really isn't any way this "30,000 standing room tickets" thing is going to work out.

Yeah, Texas Stadium was a not a piece, but a pile of shit, but when did you see it?

Michael Vick: the newest reason to hate the Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom