NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steelers.png

I think it's safe to say that there will be only one AFC East team making the playoffs this year.

I'm going to call it right now: New England will win their last 3, while the Jets and Dolphins each win their next two and tie their season finale, giving the Patriots the title.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

terrell_cry.jpg

he's mah quarterback maaaan

Had Drew Brees throwing for under 300 yards in a prop bet. If Chicago had botched the field goal and allowed Brees to drive the length of the field in overtime...

^Perhaps you should bring a helmet...might be the Lions best chance for a win with Zoney at QB and defensive end, and returning kicks, and kicking FG's, and coaching, and being GM.

As a Vikings fan, I must say the Bears chances for winning the division are looking pretty good right now. The last three games seem pretty scary for the Vikings.

Minnesota only needs to tie Chicago for the division lead though, because they win all possible tiebreaker scenarios (you can spend 15 minutes figuring it out for yourself as I just did, if you're really bored).

^Perhaps you should bring a helmet...might be the Lions best chance for a win with Zoney at QB and defensive end, and returning kicks, and kicking FG's, and coaching, and being GM.

I'm pretty sure Zoney would be an improvement over the Lions' current roster at, well, basically everywhere except WR, RB and K.

Why am I the only one who has figured out that wherever TO goes, he causes trouble for the entire team?

The Giants should sign him and have him sit watching in street clothes and say that Owens is getting the Starbury treatment.

Why am I the only one who has figured out that wherever TO goes, he causes trouble for the entire team?

The Giants should sign him and have him sit watching in street clothes and say that Owens is getting the Starbury treatment.

You're far from the only person to realize this. I love watching the Cowboys implode, though, so I was gleeful when they acquired TO.

Usually Owens doesn't start making trouble until the second year. Clearly the right move is to sign him to a 7-year, $eleventy billion contract and then cut his ass after the first year (hooray for non-guaranteed contracts).

Minnesota only needs to tie Chicago for the division lead though, because they win all possible tiebreaker scenarios (you can spend 15 minutes figuring it out for yourself as I just did, if you're really bored).

I feel there is a distinct possibility that they could lose the last three games, and then Bears won't have to worry about the tie breaker. They are facing two playoff teams and one that has a pretty damn good chance at making the playoffs. If they back in to the playoffs (thanks to a Bears implosion), they certainly won't make it past the first game.

All the more reason to be doubtful: Starting QB Tavaris Jackson.

I'm pretty sure Zoney would be an improvement over the Lions' current roster at, well, basically everywhere except WR, RB and K.

I was thinking of bringing my bicycle helmet or something.

I was looking at their roster last night...it is pretty pathetic. They really do not have anything to even build upon. It is sad.

They're going to need a turnover or a big return on special teams.

The Ravens had a chance to put the game away and failed. With a comeback king like Roethlisberger on the field, they're going to need a lot more than a 6 point cushion to ensure victory. The Steelers will catch up eventually.

Well, I guess that qualifies as a big punt return...

Also, I think Santo is very likely still concussed.

Back
Top Bottom