NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants fans win big, beat the points

and Vegas takes a big hit

You do know the Giants were the underdogs point spread wise don't you?

if the giants take the FG

all their betting fans lose, and the books clean up,

with the line at 3, then 3 1/2
Oh, I guess you don't...If the Giants lost 17-15, their "Betting fans" would have won.

Well. Congrats Giants fans.

Probably one of worst Super Bowls I've seen on a while from a quality perspective, but I'm glad the ending had some drama at least.

Well, this Giants earned this. That's for sure. This was a lot like last year's Packers run, right down to the 4th quarter stop against a top-tier, clutch QB with multiple rings.

Hewson said:
Not likely to have mattered, but the move was to let them score on 1st down preserving 2 timeouts....we'll never know, but they certainly would have had a couple of more plays.

Impossible call to make either way, but it would have been more than a "couple more plays." The extra time + timeouts would have caused them to structure the drive differently from the start.

Well. Congrats Giants fans.

Probably one of worst Super Bowls I've seen on a while from a quality perspective, but I'm glad the ending had some drama at least.

I think opinions may vary quite a bit on this Super Bowl. It was a close game that came down to the final minute, but I think most people were expecting more big plays. At worst, a very good, solid football game.

I think opinions may vary quite a bit on this Super Bowl. It was a close game that came down to the final minute, but I think most people were expecting more big plays. At worst, a very good, solid football game.

There was a lot of sloppy football through the entire game starting with a safety on an intentional grounding and going all the way through the game with numerous fumbles and even into the final two minutes with really unnecessary penalties for too many men.

I think it was a pretty bad Super Bowl if you ask me. From my outsider perspective, it was the least enjoyable over the past 5 years.

But being the Super Bowl it was still, of course, exciting.

Also, as much as I don't like Belichek, I really appreciate somebody stepping up and letting the other team score. So sick of watching that 'burn the clock' routine bullshit that quite honestly plagues the game in my opinion.

LuckyNumber7 said:
There was a lot of sloppy football through the entire game starting with a safety on an intentional grounding and going all the way through the game with numerous fumbles and even into the final two minutes with really unnecessary penalties for too many men.

I think it was a pretty bad Super Bowl if you ask me. From my outsider perspective, it was the least enjoyable over the past 5 years.

But being the Super Bowl it was still, of course, exciting.

Yeah. Pretty much my thoughts. As I said earlier, I just didn't feel like I was watching two Super Bowl caliber teams tonight. Not trying to disrespect or anything, just a lot of bad football tonight. I was disappointed by the overall quality.

It wasn't pristine, that much is certain. Hard for me to objectively judge. I wasn't on the edge of my seat because I really don't like either team and, above all, because my team isn't in it. But none of the action really put me through the roof, so I guess it was a pretty blah game.

All Welker had to do is make that catch and the Pats win.

Granted, it was a tough catch, but he is used to making those catches.
That's not true because THERE WAS NO DOUBT THE GIANTS WERE GOING TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL, am I right?

The Giants just won a shitty Super Bowl in which both teams played awful. Some will call that a defensive battle, but in reality they just were two underachieving teams.

The Giants had at least three fumbles that didn't end up with New England plus a shitload of dropped Brady passes and Brady missing open receivers. And New England took stupid penalties and, yeah, dropped all those passes.

That game fucking blew.

That sucked. Belichick managed the last defensive drive rather poorly, and the Welker and Branch drops which could have put the game away were largely on Brady.

Eli's MVP is well deserved and his HOF chances are looking pretty good, but he still needs some more regular seasons with big numbers.

Congrats to the Giants, and most importantly to Headache for winning the pool.

This Super Bowl was relatively uneventful, but this game was nowhere near as inept, irrelevant and pointless as the Bucs/Raiders and Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowls. Those were awe-inspiringly terrible.

This Super Bowl was relatively uneventful this year, but this game was nowhere near as inept, irrelevant and pointless as the Bucs/Raiders and Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowls. Those were awe-inspiringly terrible.
No arguments here. There have been some real terrible games in the past decade.

No arguments here. There have been some real terrible games in the past decade.

What are you talking about? I found the Barrett Robbins saga in the Bucs/Raiders game and the officiating in the Steelers/Seahawks game to be positively fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom