NFL 2012: The Super Bowl and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache. How do you feel about your boy JPP guaranteeing a victory at GB?

The Packers now have bulletin martial, not like they really need it.

This has to be one of the most annoying non-stories in any sport. A reporter asks an athlete a question, the athlete responds. All teams go in to games thinking they're going to win. What is an athlete to say, other than a generic any given Sunday type answer? He's showing confidence in his team. :shrug:

This has to be one of the most annoying non-stories in any sport. A reporter asks an athlete a question, the athlete responds. All teams go in to games thinking they're going to win. What is an athlete to say, other than a generic any given Sunday type answer? He's showing confidence in his team. :shrug:

yeah, after reading the quotes a couple times, it seems overblown. could JPP been a little smarter with his words? yes. but it's not Rex Ryan bad.

why couldn't he just be honest and say

"We are all pretty nervous about it, we are hoping we will get lucky and win
but in all likelihood, GB will beat us by a touch down to 10 points, that is where I got my bet down"

why couldn't he just be honest and say

"We are all pretty nervous about it, we are hoping we will get lucky and win
but in all likelihood, GB will beat us by a touch down to 10 points, that is where I got my bet down"

classic. or.....

"a lot of people think we're going to go beat the Packers at Lambeau because we did in 2007, but unfortunately they've upgraded their QB position since that game."

that's what this says, somebody's son was found

Reports say body found in Fox River in Oshkosh - JSOnline

Michael T. Philbin, 21, was last heard from Sunday at about 2 a.m. local time. He had gone to the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh to visit friends.

At around 2:30 a.m. Sunday a man called police to report that he believed he heard someone fall through the ice of the Fox River.

Sheriff’s deputies were looking into a report of cries for help from the Fox River, but investigators had not established any links to the Philbin disappearance, Nichols said. The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department said divers were searching for someone who apparently fell through the ice.

not a big deal, ( a similar post)
this place is for all of us to post whatever concerns us,
or what we think is worthy of sharing

I'm not sure what the bigger story is here: that somebody killed the Packers' offensive coordinator's son, or that the Packers' offensive coordinator's last name is Philbin.

Ugh, how awful.

I wonder if he thought that mid-winter, ice would be strong enough to walk on. Mild winters = not so much with the ice.

My first thought was (even before I heard he'd been found): went to party, got drunk, figured with mild winter he could walk back to wherever safely, passed out on the way, froze.

Neither are anything but awful, but god, the thought of falling through the ice into frozen water ... I can't even bear to think about it. That poor kid, and his poor family.

i think the only problem i have with the McDaniels hiring is that i think he shouldn't get to officially start until after the season. big picture, i don't know that his hiring makes a big difference either way, but this is the first i've heard of an assistant coach jumping ship to a playoff team after the regular season.

The Cowboys did the same thing two years ago, but you didn't hear anyone complain then.

Only when it's the Patriots is it wrong.

if i had heard of the Cowboys doing it, my opinion would have been the same. i have no problems with the Patriots. actually, they're one of my favorite teams.

Not knocking your opinion. Just pisses me off when the media brings these things up because it's the Patriots. They didn't care when another team did it.

oh yeah. the media loves knocking down the elite, for sure. if the Packers repeat this year, i'm sure ESPN will be fishing for scandals for the next 5 years.

The Cowboys did the same thing two years ago, but you didn't hear anyone complain then.

Only when it's the Patriots is it wrong.

And because the Patriots did it this time, you can count on a rule change starting next season (although with Bill Polian off the competition committee it probably isn't already in draft form like it would be had he still been employed currently).

Its fine for Jerrah, but when Beelzebub Belichick does it there's outrage.

(here's hoping Brady throws for 666 yds Saturday so we don't hear any more of Tebow and his heavenly 316.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom