New York on ATYCLB-a weird sound coincidence, POE/Miss Sarajevo, album/tour song rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
New York coincidence first: during the second chorus, at 3:21 - 3:22 of playing time, there's a sound just like a plane flying by . Did anyone catch that?

POE/Miss Sarajevo have a resembling beginning, don't you think? Quite similar-last night i was listening to POE and i thought of Miss Sarajevo.

As for the album/tour song rate: how many of the album songs do U2 usually play on tour? So far, it's 8 out of 11 songs for ATYCLB. What about previous albums?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-30-2001).]

Well I believe they have played 9 out of 11 on this tour if you count the "Peace on Earth" snippet.

Zoo TV: They played all the songs from Acthung except for "Acrobat" (11/12)
On Zooropa I think they played Zooropa, Numb, Stay, Babyface, Dirty Day, & Daddy's gonna pay crashed Car, and a snippet of The First Time interlaced with Bad. So thats (8/10)

POP: I think the only song they didn't play was Playboy Mansion so thats (11/12)

Joshua Tree: The only song they didn't play was Red Hill Mining Town so thats (10/11)

Rattle & Hum: I'm not sure but I don't think they played Heartland nor Hawkmoon 269.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Actually U2Girl, that sound you thought was a plane is the sound of the cleaning crew vacumming the studio where some idiot spilled a bunch of my dog food and I refused to eat it off the carpet, so they had to vacuum it up. I believe they were mixing NY while all that was going on.

Originally posted by z edge:
Actually U2Girl, that sound you thought was a plane is the sound of the cleaning crew vacumming the studio where some idiot spilled a bunch of my dog food and I refused to eat it off the carpet, so they had to vacuum it up. I believe they were mixing NY while all that was going on.

Suuuuure....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

Originally posted by tackleberry:
Rattle & Hum: I'm not sure but I don't think they played Heartland nor Hawkmoon 269.

Hawkmoon was played a few times in Australia and once in Europe during Lovetown - and during the Desire-Medley in Cologne 01/07/12!

1. Hawkmoon live is really cool and rather different from the studio version

2. Acrobat has never been played at a proper concert, but it was soundchecked a fair bit and recorded.

Originally posted by tackleberry:
POP: I think the only song they didn't play was Playboy Mansion so thats (11/12)

...unless you count the conclusion to Streets, as heard on the Please single/live EP:

"Then there will be no time or sorrow
Then will there be no time of shame
Then there will
Then there will be
Then there will be no time
Then there will be no time...no time
Then there will be no time"

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

Back
Top Bottom