New Q mag - we may be about to see some Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this obviously means they are going to play Acrobat.

Don't expect much out of Pop on there, I think he's talking more about the vibe of those shows, not the exact songs.

Bono's stated more than a few times that IGWSHA is one of his favourite U2 songs. So are Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. Go figure. :wink:

Bono's stated more than a few times that IGWSHA is one of his favourite U2 songs. So are Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room. Go figure. :wink:

Hm. I don't think I've seen these quotes, care to share where they're from? Would like to see what he had to say.

Hm. I don't think I've seen these quotes, care to share where they're from? Would like to see what he had to say.

:hmm: MS and YBR were in the book Bono in conversation with Michka Assayas, could be that IGWSHA was from there too, or it was a tv interview. I don't recall that one exactly, I'm sure someone else would.

you all are expecting the more popular pop songs. whos to say they wont stick to the current trend of never played / extremely rare songs and whip out igwsha, do you feel loved, or playboy manson :no:

id much rather hear lnoe or gone :rockon:

Best quote ever:

That might be tricky. But we're stretching the levels of what can be done. We hope to create a mind-blowing experience that reacts well with all the other substances involved.

My ultimate Pop songs for them to play live include LNOE, Gone, and Please.

But if they played Do You Feel Loved, and got the guitar right this time, I would be :drool:

wait... :ohmy:

What if they sneak some of those awesome ZooTV video screens onto the stage at Glasto? And they do a ZooTV intro!

Zoo Station
The Fly
EBTTRT
MW
UTEOTW

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

What if they sneak some of those awesome ZooTV video screens onto the stage at Glasto?
Actually, it would be really cool if the staging represented their history like the setlist did. So, some ZooTV screens, some white flags from the War Tour, a mini-version of the Elevation heart...that sort of thing.

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Zooropa
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Ultra Violet

I'm going to be realistic here and say thats what we'll get. HMTMKMKM is the closest we'll get to a Pop song.

:hmm: MS and YBR were in the book Bono in conversation with Michka Assayas, could be that IGWSHA was from there too, or it was a tv interview. I don't recall that one exactly, I'm sure someone else would.

yeah, i recall reading that in that book. I've also read (in that book? or another quote? i forget which...have read too much on U2) that he lists Stay and Electrical Storm as another pair of his favorites.

i say this every week but fucking MOFO! :rockon:
that and Zooropa, HMTMKMKM, Last Night On Earth and whatever else = one hell of a set :wink:

U2 needs to play something from POP it would be a crime to their fans not to play anything off POP on such a tour.

It is made to play POP songs, and there are so many good ones they can choose from: LNOE, Gone, MOFO, Discotheque, Please, DYFL.

If they would just have the balls to do it, especially Please. :drool::drool:

you all are expecting the more popular pop songs. whos to say they wont stick to the current trend of never played / extremely rare songs and whip out igwsha, do you feel loved, or playboy manson :no:
I can't say I'd mind any of those three songs.

yeah, i recall reading that in that book. I've also read (in that book? or another quote? i forget which...have read too much on U2) that he lists Stay and Electrical Storm as another pair of his favorites.

Yes, that's right. I forgot those. Man, look at the setlist. Look at Bono's favourites... :lol: Looks like he's influencing the others!

I wouldn't even consider Staring At the Sun (Acoustic) to be part of POP. They gotta go all or nothing.

If its anything from Pop it should be discotheque. Make good use out of the crystal ball on top of the claw that went off during Ultraviolet. I wish they would play all random songs just once.

Yes, that's right. I forgot those. Man, look at the setlist. Look at Bono's favourites... :lol: Looks like he's influencing the others!

But judging by how long they stay in the set, he clearly doesn't have a very strong influence!

And IGWSHA? Playing that pretty much equates to not playing anything from Pop anyway. It's as un-Pop as Pop gets.

much the same way that if they suddenly lost their fucking minds and played an extended 10-minute version of Elvis Ate America, it would be representing Passengers. not exactly Always Forever Now as some of us would prefer....but it would still be representing the album.....

...and Axver would have an apocalyptic rage-induced aneurysm.

*for the record i love IGWSHA, but mention Popmart-flavoured setlist surprises and it's hardly the first thing most of us think of!

Back
Top Bottom