New Mute Math album in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of thoughts after the first listen.

It's very good, but the first album is superior.

The second half blows away the first half.

I'll get more specific after another listen through, but I'm liking it overall.

Wow. What a fantastic followup to their great debut. No sophomore slump here.

Get ready to hear a lot from these boys in the coming months . . .:drool::applaud:

The second half blows away the first half.

This was probably worded a bit too strongly, because the first half is still good. I still think that the second half is better however.

Clockwork should have been on the album and not relegated to a bonus track. I'm not sure what song it would replace though.

A few more listens and this really is a great album.

I pretty much like everything on here. Perhaps Pins And Needles I could do without, but even that one is ok, especially the ending.

Hang on.

Solid, solid album, by the way. It's the October to the self-titled debut's Boy. I still can't name a track that tops "Typical" or "Chaos," but I can't think of a weak track either. Lovez it.

I've never even listened to the first album. I wouldn't mind giving this a listen though.

The album comes out Tuesday. I already have it, but this is one of those bands I just have to support. Plus, this is one brilliant album. :applaud:

They are on David Letterman Thursday evening:

►Thursday, August 27
Andy Roddick (US Open)
Mutemath (CD, "Amristice")

Yep, they're on Letterman tonight. They're going to play, "Backfire." Should be amazing as usual. Last time Darren pretty much made Letterman crap his pants with giddiness.

I feel like this is very much the drummer's album. The guitarist seems hidden as compared to the first album.

I feel like this is very much the drummer's album. The guitarist seems hidden as compared to the first album.

Yeah, the thing Paul and Darren are most concerned about, other than the songs themselves, is the drum sound. They hunt for the best drum sound for a song like Edge hunts for the proper guitar tone/effect for his pieces.

I know I posted the old performance of "Typical." I meant to to show what they did last time on Dave. (See my comment above.)

Thanks for posting this though. I thought it was another great performance.:up:

Hey, so I'm bumping this because I've gotten hooked on "Electrify" recently. :drool: I've never heard anything by them before that, despite having known about the band for several years now. Should I start with the first album, or just get the second and enjoy "Electrify" ad nauseum? :wink:

Get both. :wink: Get "Armistice" since you like "Electrify" so much, but you definitely have to get the first album. Then, you HAVE to see them live.

Saw them tonight.

01. The Nerve
02. Backfire
03. Chaos
04. Clipping
05. No Response
06. Plan B
07. Stare At The Sun/Obsolete
08. Electrify
09. Armistice
10. Odds
11. Noticed
12. Typical
13. Burden

Encore

14. Pins and Needles
15. Spotlight
16. Reset
17. Break The Same

Pins and Needles was my only WTF moment. Reset/Break The Same was rad, because really it was Reset/Break The Same/Reset. It was continuous and ended with Reset's drum solo. Armistice the song had an amazing outro. I was disappointed they didn't play Goodbye--it would have been a great encore song (Clockworks would have worked well, too--again with Pins and Needles being my WTF moment).

IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM ON THIS TOUR, DO IT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom