New Fall shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
What new shows is everyone going to be watching this season?

I am looking forward to Pan Am and Christina Applegate & Will Arnett's new comedy Up all Night.

What's the one with Zooey Dreschel or whatever her name is.. she's a roommate with two guys.. looks kinda funny.

Yeah, I want to check that one out.

I'm also going to check out Prime Suspect, Terra Nova, Ringer, Pan Am, and the one about the Playboy Bunny club.

We'll see if I end up watching any of them beyond one or two episodes. I usually try to check out a bunch of new shows, but sometimes end up watching none of them the entire season.

Zooey D started annoying me in general, but the commercials I've seen for the show have brought me back around to thinking she's adorable and funny.

What's the one with Zooey Dreschel or whatever her name is.. she's a roommate with two guys.. looks kinda funny.

New Girl.

I think its 3 guys, and the previews do look funny. I'll check it out. (Heck it has teh Zooey in it, it could suck eggs and I'd likely still tune in).

I'm really excited for Up All Night actually. That, maybe Terra Nova, but definitely American Horror Story and Person Of Interest are high targets for me. I also want to see Whitney just out of curiosity for how much of a train wreck it will be.

Oh! And Once Upon a Time. Holy shit, that show looks awesome.

Oh yeah, I've got American Horror Story and Once Upon a Time set on my DVR as well.

Most of the new shows I'm interested in are premiering in the next two weeks, while I'm away. I am going to be BUSY when I get home. :lol:

Up All Night is good, not great. A few things made me laugh really hard. I was glad to see Applegate's character appear to care about her child by the end, and it's good to know that Arnett is not playing Gob again.

New Girl ads look funny but I'm kinda feeling those might be the funniest bits & sadly the season will fade away before it even really has a chance. I missed Up All Night this week, darnit! Whitney looks pretty funny- I like her stand up, just not sure if it is strong enough to carry a season of a new show. Glad the new TV season is here!!

Amazing Race is also back this week!!:applaud:

I didn't like New Girl that much, but all the reviews and buzz are good.

I did like Whitney, quite a bit. I find her much more fun to watch than Zooey.

I thought Whitney premieres tomorrow night?

I think I like Up All Night pretty well, and have followed Free Agents both weeks as well as a result. Probably continue to watch those two if possible.

I also watched Whitney On Demand last night...was just looking at stuff and saw it available...strange that it was up to watch 2 days before it aired.
I enjoyed it....pretty funny...foung the Dr. Quinn line very funny.

On Bewitched they switched actors who played Darren Stevens from Dick York to Dick Seargent, and on Roseanne they switched who played Becky from Sarah Chalke to Lacey something...and did a funny bit at the end of the first show after the switch when the family was watching Bewitched and made comments about did the producers think people were stupid and wouldn't notice the switch of actors.

I read in Entertainment Weekly that Wayans was only in the pilot of New Girl and that someone else takes over the character after that, but IMDB says he is in 13 episodes. so I guess we'll see next week.

On Bewitched they switched actors who played Darren Stevens from Dick York to Dick Seargent, and on Roseanne they switched who played Becky from Sarah Chalke to Lacey something...and did a funny bit at the end of the first show after the switch when the family was watching Bewitched and made comments about did the producers think people were stupid and wouldn't notice the switch of actors.
yeah, although lecy goranson was the original becky and sarah chalke took over when the first actress left to go to college (irl). then she came back and left again.

I read in Entertainment Weekly that Wayans was only in the pilot of New Girl and that someone else takes over the character after that, but IMDB says he is in 13 episodes. so I guess we'll see next week.

that's all right they* all look alike

* wayans

Totally loved New Girl. :up:

Damon Wayans' son is hilarious.

Finally saw it...metz a metz...we'll see how next week is.

And Wayans is now listed for 2 episodes on IMDB, and I saw him in a preview on ABC for new show starting next week, "Happy Endings" (Surprisingly not about a massage parlor), so he is gonzo from New Girl.

So seeing as how it was developed at CBS I knew Person of Interest had to be procedural, it's only the fact that Jim Caviezel, Jonathan Nolan and JJ Abrams were involved that ever got me to watch something on CBS, but I feel like they should have spent more time setting up the premise before diving into a first case. Still, I'll be back next week, and while I'm disappointed Caviezel has been reduced to network TV, he appears to be the heir apparent to Jack Bauer here.

There's not a lot I'm interested in this year, I caught a bit of Up All Night, which I'll give a try because I adore Maya Rudolph though I can't stand Applegate, definitely tuning in for Terra Nova and American Horror Story, and HBO's enlightened and I'll check out the Prime Suspect remake because Bello looks pretty great in the role.

Anyone planning to watch Pan Am? Starts this Sunday night.
I can't wait for the new season of SNL tonite (9/24) hosted by Alec Baldwin with Radiohead as musical guests!!

Back
Top Bottom