New Editors!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another stunning album from Editors.....Tom Smith's vocal is just mindblowing.

Bricks & Mortar is one of their Editors' finest songs, deadset gorgeous.

Like Treasure has to be released as the next single, 'tis wonderful, and has massive commercial potential.

The Big Exit doesn't lay to rest the Joy Division comparions, Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool is stil brill, lacking the intensity of some of those live You Tube video clips.

Still haven't warmed to the title track, or You Don't Know Love, which seems like Editors in autopilot.

Walk The Fleet Road is a charmer. :drool:

Cracking album, a quality 43 minutes.

Pitchfork are gonna savage it. :wink:

Aren't they doing Festivals in QLD?They're doing Falls at Lorne and somewhere in Tassie.

They're confirmed for Palace Theatre in Melbs on Jan 4.

the lead singer isn't great... sounds exactly like the presets singer.

yeah, but I'd argue he uses his voice more effectively than Mr Presets Guy.

Personally, I reckon his voice is the best one going around at the moment. I would take hearing his vocal over anyone's. It soothes me, gives me ear orgasms.

:lol:

just reading... this is from the fork's 4.9 review of an end has a start.

It's a shame that premature commercial success has sullied Editors' creativity, because An End contains its share of bright spots. However, that "weight" Smith is feeling probably stems from a sudden need to bolster the band's sound proportionately with their massive fame, a move that a group like the Arcade Fire could pull off on a follow-up album, but not a Joy Division/Interpol/U2 cut-and-paste effort like Editors. In a perfect world, these guys would never escape the shadow cast over them by their predecessors, but they could at least do more than compromise them with mass-marketable bombast and arena posturing.

bunch of wankers! they must really enjoy trying to suck ass.

:lol:

just reading... this is from the fork's 4.9 review of an end has a start.

bunch of wankers! they must really enjoy trying to suck ass.

LoL, shocking review, they have no idea! Cut & Paste effort, my arse. Dunno how the chap managed to bring Arcade Fire into it...any chance he can get I suppose.

I predict the new album will get less than 3 from PFork, it's that good!

LoL, shocking review, they have no idea! Cut & Paste effort, my arse. Dunno how the chap managed to bring Arcade Fire into it...any chance he can get I suppose.

I predict the new album will get less than 3 from PFork, it's that good!

it doesn't surprise me that he did. he probably had just finished him off, if you get my meaning.

i might get this album.

Papillon is almost camp, but I like it, somehow. It is a bit troubling they're heading deeper into 80s retro territory when the rest of the world is ready to move on from our 00s obsession with it.

Glad to see Editors are pushing ahead in a new diriection anyway because another album of piano + super-serious vocals + overdriven 20ms delay guitars and I would have dropped these guys in the Interpol Safe Disposal Bin for post-punk rehashes past their best by date.

I am addicted to this album, this band, and anything and everything about them. Can't wait for 4 Jan '10.

Mindblowing.

New album is great. Shaping up to be one of my favorites in 2009.

New album is great. Shaping up to be one of my favorites in 2009.

I love the album and think that its a masterpiece. You can tell that its a big departure because there a some people that just can't handle the new sound and wrote it off with a first listen. Too bad that they will miss out.

i get paid tomorrow, and assuming it's as healthy as i think it will be (i've covered many a shift this week) i'll get this album and the new flaming lips one.

I've listened to the new album three times so far. It's good to see them try a different direction, it was needed after their first two records, unfortunately they forgot to write memorable songs to go with their new sound. Tom Smith's vocals are still great, Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool is bloody fantastic even if the album version doesn't quite match the intensity of the live video posted a while ago, Papillon is pretty good, the rest I'm finding totally average :| I've had a similar disappointment with Yeah Yeah Yeahs this year except that this is way worse.

Hope you come to enjoy it more...

Bricks and Mortar keeps growing on me, and I got very excited by The Boxer today like I never have before. Probably listened to the album about 20 times. So goood...

Like Treasure should be the second single....

The bonus disc isn't bad, particularly I Want A Forest and My Life As A Ghost. Worth checking out...

Nice :up: - Like Treasure is really special. Album of the year.

6 days 'til I get to experience Editors live.....cannot wait!

Oh my, they were special on Monday night, absolutely amazing, I adore everything about this band....

YouTube - Bricks and Mortar by Editors live at The Palace Melbourne 04.01.10

This closed the main set and blew my mind, I'm actually visible here, in the second row, the fanboy I am...the song of 2009, what stage presence Smith has...

YouTube - Like Treasure by Editors live at The Palace, Melbourne 04.01.10

...and Like Treasure was brilliant as well :hyper:

Meanwhile, here's what scum had to say about the album of the year: Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Editors: In This Light and on This Evening

yeah, great review mate...

I gave the album a second chance and it finally clicked with me. Now I love every song. :love:
The Boxer is my favourite song too.

I'm a Like Treasure and Bricks and Mortar boy myself, but my The Boxer is lovely, I'm a falllen oak treeeeee!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom