New Edge interview 11/20/2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great interview :up:

Still can't get over MOS being 7 1/2 minutes long :drool:

And the "two halves" - I HOPE it's a double album, I don't know how they should make one cohesive album with two halves. I'm totally in love with the theory of "sea" and "sky" as names for the two parts of the album and NLOTH as the title.

2009 :hyper:

With the whole "ONE album with TWO cohesive halves?!?! ZOMG that's just stupid why would they do that!" thing, in fact, not so long ago, if I recall correctly, every album had two halves. Side A and side B. Yes, vinyl! So it's not that much of an innovative or even surprising thing, really.

^ That's true. But I think it has changed with the CD, because people now are used to listen to an album as a whole without breaks and divisions. How we listen to music has certainly changed with CDs.

As many have said, I also first thought of clip 1 when I saw the title "Unknown Caller". And the littler tidbit of info he gave seemed to be in line with that song as well.

I definitely did not think about a double-album when he said an "album of two halves". I will be absolutely shocked if this happens. Shocked.

Also, I'm glad none of the Rubin songs are making it. I didn't really care for any of those clips, and I think this will allow for a far more cohesive album (even if there are some gems in there).

hope these are the lyrics to Unknown Caller:

Hello Hello!
Unknown caller on the telephone!

i can almost hear the tune in an iTunes ad.

My cell is ringing no ID I need to know who's calling...

It's not that mr. "we're getting lost in the music" is that much more reliable - the interviewer did his job and asked the right questions.

great interview! I get a little worried when u2 delay an album release and try to re-work a bunch of stuff; it reminds me of HTDAAB when they "had to complete" a bunch of songs, and then we heard the originals are were like "these are better and more raw; why didn't they release those?"

but i think they have recorded a lot of material this time around, so this will be different. All the songs from the recent beach clips, those 4 tunes, i hope they all make the cut. they are all amazing, even in bad quality.

Really excited to hear the unknown caller....

Interesting that is everyone's fave or second favourite on the album...

"Did his piano lessons come in handy?
Yeah! He’s been working a lot on material on his own and that’s fed into various different projects that we’re working on."

Spiderman musical ? Passengers part II project ? Something else ?

So none of the Rubin songs will make the album. That's interesting as he told Q magazine that some of the material was carried over. :confused:

Hey that's fine.....I believe U2 will work again on those songs with Rick sometime down the road...remember Rick left to go off to work with Metallica

Well the good bit of news I got out of this is a U2 album release in February ....and as we all know Lanois told the press up in Boston last week that he was leaving for London to finish mixing the U2 album..so at last some finality to this

Well the good bit of news I got out of this is a U2 album release in February ....and as we all know Lanois told the press up in Boston last week that he was leaving for London to finish mixing the U2 album..so at last some finality to this

a February album release means a single in...December? (im guessing)

Hell its almost December now! :hyper:

Well, it certainly seems as though it's coming out in early 2009.
I take back all the stuff I said about Nov. 09 and admit I was wrong.
:hug:

but really, the two halves thing as somebody said, thats no different really from a side A and a side B. who knows. at least there's two halves, maybe two different themes? its sounding very much so like an album rather than 10-11 hits. I mean, I'm sure there will be hits in there too- Edge said theres a bunch of songs that have gone through the U2 cycle, but that's nothing new. It's happened for each album. I'm guessing that we haven't heard the ones that were spontaneous. We've seen the U2.com and beach clips of Get on Your Boots & Breathe. Who knows. I just want some definite dates and concrete news and a new single just like everybody else, but I think we are finally knocking on its door.

a February album release means a single in...December? (im guessing)

Hell its almost December now! :hyper:

I really think you'll hear a single in January..remember the Bono interview on
U2.com where he said "you'll hear from us early in the new year"....U2 I think
U2 is caught up in the idea of new year...new music and nothing before then....if I were a betting man,I wouldn't bet on hearing a new single before Jan. 2009 with the album to be released in Feb. or early March at the latest.

U2 is caught up in the idea of new year...new music and nothing before then....if I were a betting man,I wouldn't bet on hearing a new single before Jan. 2009 with the album to be released in Feb. or early March at the latest.

i believe Bono did tell a fan that the band would consider trying to get a single out for Xmas though. if the album does come out in February, we'll hear a single in December.

i do advise everyone to be cautious. just because Mojo Magazine said February does not make this set in stone. so don't be crushed if it end up being March or April. in fact, i'm still 90% sure it will be March. either way, we're getting close.

i believe Bono did tell a fan that the band would consider trying to get a single out for Xmas though. if the album does come out in February, we'll hear a single in December..

It was me who wrote that he told another fan about a possible Christmas release. He did tell a fan about plans of releasing something but in his post he didn't reveal anything about Bono saying it would be pre- or post Christmas. I just wanted to take this opportunity to clarify that and it is all because of my faulty memory to avoid confusion or incorrect rumours.

If nothing else, there will be bootlegs from when U2 open for Kings of Leon!!! :sexywink:

It was me who wrote that he told another fan about a possible Christmas release. He did tell a fan about plans of releasing something but in his post he didn't reveal anything about Bono saying it would be pre- or post Christmas. I just wanted to take this opportunity to clarify that and it is all because of my faulty memory to avoid confusion or incorrect rumours.

oh, ok. thank you for clarifying. i must have misread that.

oh, ok. thank you for clarifying. i must have misread that.

I'm certain you didn't.
I wrote in my post that Rafiennes had talked to Bono about a Christmas release because I couldn't find his original post at that time. I then happened to locate it and there wasn't any such comment in his post. My memory was playing tricks on me, that's all. Call it a case of wishful thinking if you will. :)

maybe we will hear the new single at midnight of 31.12

Wouldn't they aim for a Christmas single if they plan on a February album release ?

Back
Top Bottom