New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today's news is very promising. Between this and the reports of hangar rehearsals, we have can safely say it's in the can and waiting to be unleashed. Very optimistic, and regardless of quality etc, I am hopeful of something at least a bit different.

You get a presale before the general public but I'm not sure if you are still guaranteed to get tickets?

You aren't guaranteed. I'd say the urgency to get one is largely dependent on market. If you're in a big market with lots of potential U2 fans it's probably a good idea to have it - I would, if only as a safety.

This tour is likely to be arenas, I believe. That could impact things a little bit compared to stadiums on the last go-round, depending on how many shows they do in a given market. I suspect there will be fewer overall seats per stop, and in some cases it may be a rather large reduction.

I just want to chime in that I'm still pissed that some 40 or so people had downloaded the last album early via Napster Mobile and didn't tell anybody. Surely some of those people were hardcore fans who wanted to keep the secret to themselves, rather than give everyone else a leak well over a month before it came out. Ugh.

If you are one of those people and do that this time...there will be consequences. :angry:

Just putting this out there. What happens to this place if U2 is on Fallon just to play ordinary love and the Super Bowl ad is just a charity song for red.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, I think it will. It's just hard to trust spin without having a source, and being burnt from U2.com in the past the twitter comments may end up being nothing. But I would put money that something is up.

New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy ...

Sorry but what is today's news? Tried flicking back a few pages and it's just silly discussion.

Spin reporting single and album announcement on Super Bowl, U2 will be on jimmy Fallon February 17, U2.com tweeted it would be a perfect time to renew or subscribe to the site.

You get a presale before the general public but I'm not sure if you are still guaranteed to get tickets?

You aren't guaranteed. I'd say the urgency to get one is largely dependent on market. If you're in a big market with lots of potential U2 fans it's probably a good idea to have it - I would, if only as a safety.

This tour is likely to be arenas, I believe. That could impact things a little bit compared to stadiums on the last go-round, depending on how many shows they do in a given market. I suspect there will be fewer overall seats per stop, and in some cases it may be a rather large reduction.

Thanks!

I'll be looking to catch them in NYC or its vicinity (Albany etc., if they schedule shows there that is).

I presume these would be classified as high-demand markets, thus making U2.com subscriptions prudent if one wishes to see them in concert?

That definitely sounds like good news. By 17 Feb, "Invisible" should be out and we should know for sure what's the deal with (RED) and (possibly) Beats Music. Since the announcement for Fallon says "U2", I'm pretty sure they'll perform and maybe give an interview, so it's not only Bono talking about his causes. Might be an album and/or single announcement, maybe a (promo) tour. I tend to believe they'll play at least Ordinary Love since they have to be warming up for the Oscars as well and I don't think they want to play OL live for the very first time for an Oscar audience.

Interesting development, but I wouldn't give too much attention to the U2.com forums, I'm not so convinced about a tour starting sometimes soon.

Thanks!

I'll be looking to catch them in NYC or its vicinity (Albany etc., if they schedule shows there that is).

I presume these would be classified as high-demand markets, thus making U2.com subscriptions prudent if one wishes to see them in concert?

Yes. In the US I'd say NYC, Boston, Chicago, and LA are particularly high-demand markets for U2 shows. Not coincidentally, three of those are the largest US markets, but they do have a fairly high concentration of U2 fans regardless of their sheer size. Based on previous tours I would think they'd play at least four shows at MSG, but even that's only about 100,000 total seats.

Of course, even a smaller market that isn't noted as U2 stronghold could still be tricky if they only play one show at a 20,000 seat arena.

Spin reporting single and album announcement on Super Bowl, U2 will be on jimmy Fallon February 17, U2.com tweeted it would be a perfect time to renew or subscribe to the site.

u2.com didn't tweet anything. The u2.com mods did. They are members of the zootopia forum that became mods, as far as I know they aren't linked to the site designers or any other official channels.

According to my search they're a French record company owned by Universal.

tumblr_m9wlry7uxp1r6r7t1.gif

Safe to say this is basically us right now.

Thanks!

NYC it will sorta help, but so many people from outside the area try to get tickets that it can be very frustrating.

It would definitely help for Albany though

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I wonder what the design and "concept" of this new tour will be..

anyone think they'll go in the round again?

2 circles ( like on Vertigo Tour ) on both sides of the stage, one for Edge and one for Adam, un a big long catwalk in the middle of them for Bono. Larry's drums will stand in a fake big bushes.

They've always gone in the round for arenas, no? At least in the same sense as 360 (the stage is at one end of the venue, but seats are open on all sides of it).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom