New Album Discussion: Worthwhile, Informative, And Not Even Slightly Grating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rumor: Bono to release statement on U2.com next September that 2013 will be U2's year.

Apparently Jim Thome has the 3rd highest wins over replacement rating in baseball history, and has a career obp of 405.

Not bad!

i'm guessing we'll get some rumors starting in spring of 2012 and after a lot of speculation that we're close to an album in late summer, it will again become apparent that no album is on its way anytime soon.

I think Edge stated in an interview that they were done after the tour. They would meet up in a few months (November/December) to talk about the music. Then Feb/March they would start recording again.

I don't see an album until 2013 at the earliest. Even if they were to follow the above schedule, U2 just doesn't operate efficiently (and never has). This material that they have with Danger Mouse may be pretty good, but after sitting on it, they'll either discard it, or completely rework it.

I'm just not sure I care that much anymore. There are other bands, and while the music may not hit me the same way, that doesn't mean it's no good. U2 still my favorite group, but I've accepted that they're more a brand than a band now. Anything new we get from them in the future is a bonus.

i'm guessing we'll get some rumors starting in spring of 2012 and after a lot of speculation that we're close to an album in late summer, it will again become apparent that no album is on its way anytime soon.

Let's start arguing about it now, and get it out of the way!

So, really, we already know this:

2012: Bono talking new album, but nothing happens..!
2013: R&H 25th anniversary reissue
2014: new album
2015: tour
2016: DVD from tour
2017: Pop 20th anniversary reissue
2018: Bono bla, bla..... we have material for 7 albums, bla, bla....
2019: Bono bla, bla...... 14 albums, bla, bla....
2010: ATYCLB 20th anniversary reissue

and so on....

:shh: it's no secret at all :wink:

Don't you think you're being optimistic? I mean there are bound to be anniversary editions of the anniversary editions before there's any new music.

and so on....

Only one album in the next decade? :sad: Come on, surely they won't slack off that much...? And are we going back in time to 2010 after 2019? :wink:

i hate to sound overly negative, but i wouldn't be shocked if we only got 1 album this decade. at the most, i see 2.

Only one album in the next decade? :sad: Come on, surely they won't slack off that much...? And are we going back in time to 2010 after 2019? :wink:

Ahh, because of the typo, this calls for a reissue of my very important post:

2011: Beachclips!!!
2020: ATYCLB 20th anniversary reissue

and so on....

The Panther said:
Don't you think you're being optimistic? I mean there are bound to be anniversary editions of the anniversary editions before there's any new music.

Perhaps the 20th anniversary Achtung reissue will be remastered :hyper:

and so on....

There aren't that many remasters left...this decade, 2013 might be Rattle and Hum, maybe Pop in 2017. Shouldn't be difficult to rack up three new albums.

Will they remaster the 00's albums ? McGuiness did say "the back catalogue" but the technology hasn't improved as much in the last decade (loudness wars) compared to Pop and earlier albums ?

There aren't that many remasters left...this decade, 2013 might be Rattle and Hum, maybe Pop in 2017. Shouldn't be difficult to rack up three new albums.

Will they remaster the 00's albums ? McGuiness did say "the back catalogue" but the technology hasn't improved as much in the last decade (loudness wars) compared to Pop and earlier albums ?

Sure, this is a worst case scenario, I hope, they will prove me wrong :wink:

We don't know how much technology will improve in this decade. But there's always the possibility, that they will just release anniversary editions, without remastering to keep people interested in the years, when they have no new material. I wonder, if they have already signed a contract with the record company :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom