New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Jimmy Iovine who said NLOTH needed more HITZ, and the album was delayed so that Lillywhite could come in. Who knows... maybe the album really wasn't any good prior to Lillywhite? We don't know.

The same man, however, thought that the album produced by Chris Thomas was ready to release in the fall of 2003. It was the band who pushed the brakes and said WHOA! LETS WORK ON IT ANOTHER YEAR! Imagine an album with Xanax and Wine, Native Son, and the original versions of ABOY, Yahweh and Sometimes.
Imagine an album without 'Stand Up Comedy' that included 'Winter' :drool:

nice group hug? pah i thought we were meant to be self-policing! i want a nice big taser gun :D

:sexywink:

Sometimes

obviously its okay to think it, but saying it is something else. I only say this because, if you want to call someone an idiot on a message board, why stop there? Why not just say what you really want to say? Been there and done that. All it ever did was make me feel good for 15 minutes and make myself and whoever else was involved look foolish for as long as people want to remember.

In my case, clearly I am an idiot, for the sake of being an idiot, and I don't need anyone to point out the obvious to me. I can accept that and move on.

Actually I don't know what im saying, been sober far too long, I hope you understand

:hug::sexywink:

Imagine an album without 'Stand Up Comedy' that included 'Winter' :drool:

SUC is one of the songs in the U2 catalog that most confuses me. I really like the music, and I like the rhythm of the vocals. The verses with the "STAND UP... yada yada yada, blah blah blah... STAND UP... blah blah etc" has a nice rhythm to it. It's just that the lyrics are so damn stupid, it's hard to take the song seriously. "God is love, and love is evolution's very best day" is probably the most cringeworthy lyric Bono has ever written. The little old lady bit actually makes sense to me, because I know people that that lyric describes perfectly.

Up.

This is why you are my favorite poster. I learn a lot from reading yours, Cori's, Galeon's and Clayton's Kitten posts. I've also come to appreciate the impact of BVS.

As a "fringe" poster it's tough to contribute anything impactful that isn't simply passed over around here with so many knowledgable folks. But I try.

I hope for an album soon. I hope it holds my attention. Even if we get another HTDAAB to me it's better than no album. A so so album with a few good tunes and a reason to tour certainly beats the alternative which is nothing. The lads take a lot of flak and tough love around here these days. It seems some have lost all confidence in them. I for one have not. I fucking love this band and I love these lads. They are the best there has ever been. Anything they can share is a gift. I think we get an album and after its out we will read articles about the disinformation and counterintelligence used to make it a surprise. It will be like Normandy. The Germans still had no clue the fleet was coming in on June 6 at that location until the fog lifted that morning and there were 6000 vessels standing at anchor. Secrets can be kept. Is it not odd that this is the quietest B has ever been? Almost desperately odd? Something is coming. Something big. And something fucking awesome I can feel it.

Is it really necessary to call another poster an idiot?

:up:

i have noticed that lazarus has been incredibly tetchy/aggressive lately - i had never noticed before... it's getting quite unpleasant actually

This poster called me a douchebag in a thread yesterday.

So, all bets are off.

Sometimes

Plus this, if you've read the *I*diot's assortment of ludicrous conspiracy theory-minded posts about U2 being puppets under the iron fist of Jimmy Iovine.

I think it's going to drop as a surprise. If they can keep Bowie and Jay-Z under wraps, same can be done for U2. I think it's the new marketing trend.

This poster called me a douchebag in a thread yesterday.

So, all bets are off.

yeah i know (and that is also unacceptable), but some of your posts have been pretty harsh for a few weeks now...

as someone who's been called a lot worse than an idiot on these boards over the years... does anyone really have their day ruined or get genuinely offended by what some idiot in an internet message board says?

no, but the negativity and aggression in here is getting incredibly boring

as someone who's been called a lot worse than an idiot on these boards over the years... does anyone really have their day ruined or get genuinely offended by what some idiot in an internet message board says?

Regardless, it can still hurt if it's a personal attack, and really, it's just childish. But I expect that from the Internet as a whole, interference being no exception.

The political commentary will suck, though. Bono's too much a capitalist; it's heart-breaking to me that he endorses Monsanto in Africa and is largely silent on war crimes committed by the US, but is quick to attack America's enemies. It's not to say that Iran or Al Qaeda shouldn't be criticized, but it looks like hypocritical pandering to political elites in the West, who have no problem when the same crackdowns happen at home or in the rest of the world in their favor. U2 used to be awesome on this front.

Thanks for not disappointing! :D

yeah i know (and that is also unacceptable), but some of your posts have been pretty harsh for a few weeks now...

You missed the big one yesterday in the other thread. It was beaut. I've gone back just to watch the magic words scroll by and snicker at it. lol

One day I'll quote it to scream at somebody...and then I'll just blame it on Laz. ;)

All Im saying is 2 or 3 months ago we were on the verge of some new music. Wrap parties in NY at Electric Lady, 3 new live performances took place, rumors of the album were in full swing. THEN....

Iovine shows up in some pics with Bono and Larry with a less than satisfied look on his face. Silence commences.

Why? I say this as someone raised Catholic.
Why not call out the Baptists or Mormons? Why is Catholicism the one? As far as I know Catholics dont threaten you or your career when you speak out against them. Also the huge number of Catholics world wide vs a few batshit actors makes the claim a little insulting to say the least.

We dont approve of the little boy fondling by those in powerful positions within the church but we are still Catholics anyway because we know those disgusting men were corrupted. Because the people that make up our religion are good natured and we know those men dont truly represent who we are.

We dont approve of the torture and spying by those in powerful positions within our government but we are still Americans anyway because we know those disgusting men were corrupted. Because the people that make up our country are good natured and we know those men dont truly represent who we are.

Dude lost me at the moon landing comment though, I dont remember debating that

Why was religion even brought up? Surefire way to piss a few people off

YOU GUYS. I think we need anew thread just for the bitching at each other and name-calling. Good Gravy.

:lol:

i've missed some of the firewerks!

actually I think there might some threats from the very strictCatholic side of religion but don't have time to post

OH and I say that as an ex-Catholic

how still has some serious respect for some of what the catholic church does

There are days when I come back from taking a self-imposed 24-hour Interference break and thoroughly enjoy reading the backlog of pages. This is not one of those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom