New Album Discussion/Speculation Continued...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself, I based my expectation for an album this fall mostly on Larry's own words - he said months ago that they were hoping to release this fall.

See this is what I never can wrap my head around.... one of these guys (usually Bono) says something and you can almost bet they will be 99% wrong, almost never fails.

One of the reasons - and fans on other boards are speculating about that as well - might indeed be Adam's marriage. Maybe they didn't want to get promotional work for the album in the way of that event. It is, without doubt, a very important personal event in Adam's life and he might want to fully concentrate on it and on a following honeymoon. So maybe they decided to put everything off a bit because of that :shrug:

On the other hand the whole "delay" might also happen because U2 have grown apart and hate each other. They only occasionally meet in a recording studio because they have contractual obligations. Now they just don't want to be on a stage with each other ever again. Might be a little problem with an album coming up, promo performances, a possible tour. So they are delaying and delaying and sending Bono off to do obscure radio interviews to cover up the fact that U2 is, indeed, f***ed.

Chose the better theory. In all seriousness, both are discussed in the fan community.

This thread, it has been amazing. If you chart the history of it - it is pretty fascinating. From fake cover art being posted on other U2 forums and being discussed and made fun of here. To fake track listings being posted. To the discussion of the TV show LOST. To member's churches being called. To the illuminati being brought up. I might have left some out. This thread.. It has not been boring.

One of the reasons - and fans on other boards are speculating about that as well - might indeed be Adam's marriage. Maybe they didn't want to get promotional work for the album in the way of that event. It is, without doubt, a very important personal event in Adam's life and he might want to fully concentrate on it and on a following honeymoon. So maybe they decided to put everything off a bit because of that :shrug:

On the other hand the whole "delay" might also happen because U2 have grown apart and hate each other. They only occasionally meet in a recording studio because they have contractual obligations. Now they just don't want to be on a stage with each other ever again. Might be a little problem with an album coming up, promo performances, a possible tour. So they are delaying and delaying and sending Bono off to do obscure radio interviews to cover up the fact that U2 is, indeed, f***ed.

Chose the better theory. In all seriousness, both are discussed in the fan community.

I actually do buy into the "Adam's Wedding" as a plausible reason. Actually, when I started predicting a couple weeks ago that we'd see a delay, it was right when I had read about the wedding in mid September. It just seemed really odd that one of the band members would get married (and assuming a honeymoon) literally right as the hype machine would begin to take off. It didn't seem right to me.

Not saying the wedding is what caused the delay, but if they planned this wedding for mid September, it makes me wonder how long ago they actually decided that late 2013 wouldn't be the release date.

This thread, it has been amazing. If you chart the history of it - it is pretty fascinating. From fake cover art being posted on other U2 forums and being discussed and made fun of here. To fake track listings being posted. To the discussion of the TV show LOST. To member's churches being called. To the illuminati being brought up. I might have left some out. This thread.. It has not been boring.

This thread has been utterly amazing.

I actually do buy into the "Adam's Wedding" as a plausible reason. Actually, when I started predicting a couple weeks ago that we'd see a delay, it was right when I had read about the wedding in mid September. It just seemed really odd that one of the band members would get married (and assuming a honeymoon) literally right as the hype machine would begin to take off. It didn't seem right to me.

Not saying the wedding is what caused the delay, but if they planned this wedding for mid September, it makes me wonder how long ago they actually decided that late 2013 wouldn't be the release date.

I'm thinking it's because none of the band members were touched by Jacob.

O.M.G.

:doh:

There has also been talk of a mysterious figure named SCUBA. Although it has not been confirmed if he truly exists. Yet if he does, then I would bet he could protect this house from those Widmore people. Because it's Not Penny's Boat.

During "Vertigo" on the tour with the same name, Bono occasionally was the man behind the curtan.

boat_zps7e2939de.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom