New album discussion: After despair comes acceptance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BIG GIRLS ARE BEST....I hear a bit of The Beatles "LADY MADONNA" in there...Am I crazy ?

Probably...:crazy:...but not because you hear LM in that song...I hear it too...but, um, wasn't this song recording during 'Pop' and only released during the ATYCLB years...:hmm:

Great list...not sure about a couple of songs...but Two Shots of Happy and Holy Joe...both Pop era songs I actually LOVE...:yes:

I want to hear The Return of the Stingray Guitar finished after hearing this.

I remember after the postponed concerts this last tour, because of Bono's back and injuries, I was in Frankfurt (traveled just to see them), seeing the band (worrying about Bono), and this song came and so did the four guys ... Bono showing his finger to the photographers being in top form. It was just beautiful.

I want to hear The Return of the Stingray Guitar finished after hearing this.

I remember after the postponed concerts this last tour, I was in Frankfurt (traveled just to see them), seeing the band, and this song came and so did the four guys ... Bono showing his finger to the photographers being in top form. It was just beautiful.

Yeah, this song has such a powerful riff, very reminiscent of "Achtung Baby" sessions. It has this "metallic" fuzz rock sound of the Zoo TV era.

Hopefully it will appear on one of the "2" upcoming albums. I remember Larry saying in an interview last year that the song was still around but re-written...:hmm:

I just want to state for my Rate the User voters that I'm really cool. I smoke cigarettes while I post. I say the F-word. People on Twitter favorite my supreme content. Vote for me.

I still think they will put it out in jan 2015 but it will be retroactive to april 2014. So the album will be here next month. you just won't know it till jan.

Yeah, this song has such a powerful riff, very reminiscent of "Achtung Baby" sessions. It has this "metallic" fuzz rock sound of the Zoo TV era.

I believe that Stingray actually came all the way from the TUF sessions. I remember someone digging that connection up back in 2010.

I believe that Stingray actually came all the way from the TUF sessions. I remember someone digging that connection up back in 2010.

I really hope we hear some re-iteration of that riff and the groovy melody that backs the riff up. :up:

Hopefully it will appear on one of the "2" upcoming albums. I remember Larry saying in an interview last year that the song was still around but re-written...:hmm:

Agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puanAlSleqI

Was standing right in front Bono at about 2:12 in this video.

Sorry fisher (cod, salmon, pufferfish or whatever), still love them, still can't wait, it is going to be great.

Honestly what the actual fuck are you talking about.

This may be some interesting study in human nature to you, and thanks for dignifying us with your philosophical views on Internet Behaviour, but this is a load of crap.

The majority of us who have been here years are not "created characters". We also have verifiable identities and have met one another at some point or another. We're not here to be someone's Guinea pig or part of some foolish attempt at a social experiment. And attempts to manipulate the forum otherwise are generally regarded as trolling.

And on the grounds of good fiction, fine then. Instead of encouraging this to pollute this section of the forum further, recruit such "gifted writers" for your fantasyland fan fic section. :rolleyes:

I know you're a real person sitting behind the screen and I'd love to meet you and many others some day. I like your scrappy, earnest persona very much even thought you clearly think I'm an idiot, and I look forward to the GA lines. But the fact is that none of us give a complete representation of our real life selves here. You and I have talked before about restricting what goes on the public board. We're all cobbling together a picture of each other based on what's available, and the 'self' we present online may or may not meet up with our real selves in a variety of ways, intentionally or not. The myth of U2 is even more complex because of the almost unimaginable opportunities, challenges and resources they have.

I'm not saying the Fisher experiment was in good taste. It wasn't. I can see why you are pissed about this, because Interference is an important social touchstone for many people and people do come here looking for real information. I agree with a lot of Irvine's post. Everyone is curious about the private life of the band but speculating about it on a public board doesn't seem to serve much purpose beyond making some people feel smart and others sad. (For my money, I think the odds of U2 being able to lead as wild as life as Fisher's last post suggests AND keep it quiet all these years is very, very tiny.) Fisher was a brilliant stroke of postmodernist cultural commentary, thought, even if unwittingly. I thought I could write a dissertation about this fandom before and now I'm sure of it. If I ever do I'll send you a draft and you can mark it in a big red pen, what the actual fuck are you talking about???

I primarily lurk here, but I'd put forth Corianderstem as best. Funny, level headed, and doesn't claim knowledge she doesn't have. And that is not a jab at Gabe, who I think has provided solid info that turned out to be wrong due to the band changing its mind. Meh, just my 2 cents for this month.

I don't know. I found Corianderstem peaked in the early 90s. Since then, she doesn't experiment nearly enough with her posts and we often wait days in between them. How long does it take to make a bloody post?

Cori, just give them to us already. What are you waiting for? Are you going to call in another post editor to make them more catchy?

Don't get me wrong, I still love Corianderstem, but I just wish she'd forget about trying be relevant and loved by everyone and get back to what made her great.

I know you're a real person sitting behind the screen and I'd love to meet you and many others some day. I like your scrappy, earnest persona very much even thought you clearly think I'm an idiot, and I look forward to the GA lines.

I appreciate all of your post, but I wanted to highlight this part especially. I don't think you're even remotely an idiot, for what that's worth. It's probably not worth getting into the rest of it publicly, but I'm sure we'll catch up privately soon. Thanks for the response. (honestly)

I don't know. I found Corianderstem peaked in the early 90s. Since then, she doesn't experiment nearly enough with her posts and we often wait days in between them. How long does it take to make a bloody post?

Cori, just give them to us already. What are you waiting for? Are you going to call in another post editor to make them more catchy?

Don't get me wrong, I still love Corianderstem, but I just wish she'd forget about trying be relevant and loved by everyone and get back to what made her great.

:love:

That was great.

Stingray is cool but the riff is very reminiscent of T Rex's "20th Century Boy" IMO. Then again, Zoo Station has a bit of "Bang a Gong (Get It On)" floating in there. Not a bad place to get inspiration, T Rex that is.

Back
Top Bottom