New Album Discussion 9 - Larry needs new arms, ba rum pa pum pum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like WOWY is getting released on the 27th? apparently on streaming services at midnight. Heads up to the Australia/NZ crew!

Just saw on U2start that people in Australia are able to download WOWY in the iTunes Store

There’s less electronic things happening that the live version. It ends quite abruptly like the live version though. I typed the last thing before it ended. Still better than Pride. Bono is really good through the end.

I’m hoping it is a new song roughly every two weeks. That’d then be 10 Feb, 24 Feb and 10 March. It’d make sense to drop a few before the set comes out. Looks to me like they are going with a strategy to show off milestone songs rather than balance them with some obscure ones. Also looks somewhat linear. If it is 5 pre-release songs I reckon:

Pride
With or Without You
One
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

What I’d like for the last three though is some obscurity blended in:

Pride
With or Without You
Stories for Boys
Walk On
Little Things.

Not saying the new walk on is exactly what I want, but I reckon it’d be smart for them to drop that version on the anniversary of the start of the war and do a fundraising/awareness campaign off the back of it.

Last edited:
Come on, don’t be churlish. Nobody knows Ukraine was invaded. We NEED U2 to draw attention to it.

please for the love of god do not release the ukraine on as a single. leave it as an album track. don't do that thing that u2 does.

I don’t want it, but it does make sense commercially. As a charity type thing there will be some familiarity because of the single in 2001, it’s not awful for a re-write based on a war, and it has the potential to burrow into conversations they wouldn’t otherwise be in.

That was actually really good. Could’ve been better if they worked Shine Like Stars into the ending tho.

Back
Top Bottom