New Album Discussion 9 - Larry needs new arms, ba rum pa pum pum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, there have been a couple of secret gigs (along the lines of the Blackout music video shoot), Bono and Edge accompanied by Bono's Stories of Surrender Tour band.

Looks to be part of SoS promotion.

My question now is whether we might see an announcement/lead single soon. U2songs were floating the idea of a surprise launch, but I believe that was for back in November when it was supposed to come out on the 18th but they hadn't heard anything, and thought the silence was for a surprise launch.

Maybe as everything's pushed to March, we could hear the new Streets or Moment of Surrender on the radio in January?

Yeah, there have been a couple of secret gigs (along the lines of the Blackout music video shoot), Bono and Edge accompanied by Bono's Stories of Surrender Tour band.

My question now is whether we might see an announcement/lead single soon. U2songs were floating the idea of a surprise launch, but I believe that was for back in November when it was supposed to come out on the 18th but they hadn't heard anything, and thought the silence was for a surprise launch.

Maybe as everything's pushed to March, we could hear the new Streets or Moment of Surrender on the radio in January?

I'm hoping for this as well; that the St. Patrick's Day thing is full album release, not just first single. I'm done getting my hopes up after this week's "Special Announcement". (I know a lot of you might say "It took you THIS long?")

yeah this is something more than Letterman's netflix show. Which I dont believe has been officially announced for another season

unless you know something different? yea it's probably just for his Netflix show. If you haven't seen it - the show is always part sit down interview (with audience) and partly visiting the guest in their own element.

Dave visited George Clooney's childhood home, played shuffleboard with Kevin Durant, and was in the recording studio with Lizzo... among other things. So going to Dublin and hanging out in a pub is not out of character for the show at all. It's also almost Grafton Street Busk time - so that would explain Glen Hansard's presence.

I'm hoping for this as well; that the St. Patrick's Day thing is full album release, not just first single. I'm done getting my hopes up after this week's "Special Announcement". (I know a lot of you might say "It took you THIS long?")

well - they didn't announce a special edition U2 NFT trading card, so there's that.

Yeah that’s kind of my hope. If SOS is going to be in stores on March 17th then I would imagine there will be an announcement and preorders in advanced. I noticed major artists have been dropping singles 4 months or longer before album releases. So yeah I’d say there is a strong possibility U2 announcing this thing in January/February with a single. And if there are two singles Streets/MOS then maybe one song in January and then another in February? Who knows tho. All of my predictions have been wrong so far lol.

https://www.u2songs.com/discography...a0KG-ozKEgQZVCsQKdhlr2wfeCunOkbZPG75VeWNtDHJ0

“A documentary focusing on U2 will be released on, or around March 17, 2023 as well to promote the album. This will be hosted by David Letterman who has been filming with the band since October. In October he was seen interviewing Bono for the documentary in New York City. In November, ahead of the “Stories of Surrender” concert in Dublin, Letterman was also seen meeting with the band and filming material. That concert in Dublin was also filmed. Finally, in the middle of December, Bono and The Edge were filmed during a number of performances, and Letterman was also present at these events. The performance at McDaid’s Pub had the pub decorated to appear as if it were Saint Patrick’s Day, although later the decorations were changed over to a Christmas theme for additional filming. DublinLive shares that the television special will “air on Disney Plus ahead of St. Patrick’s Day”. Letterman also interviewed Irish legend, drag performer Panti Bliss, at the hotel partially owned by Bono and The Edge, The Clarence. Bliss appeared on stage with U2 in 2015 at one of their hometown Innocence and Experience shows. Bliss confirmed they were being filmed for a documentary. “

It's strange, but about half of me is excited to hear SOS whilst the other half is disappointed it's not a new album. I guess it was never going to just be a "throwaway" thing released with his book, but hopefully it is just a bridge to the new album later in the year.

https://www.u2songs.com/discography...a0KG-ozKEgQZVCsQKdhlr2wfeCunOkbZPG75VeWNtDHJ0

“A documentary focusing on U2 will be released on, or around March 17, 2023 as well to promote the album. This will be hosted by David Letterman who has been filming with the band since October. In October he was seen interviewing Bono for the documentary in New York City. In November, ahead of the “Stories of Surrender” concert in Dublin, Letterman was also seen meeting with the band and filming material. That concert in Dublin was also filmed. Finally, in the middle of December, Bono and The Edge were filmed during a number of performances, and Letterman was also present at these events. The performance at McDaid’s Pub had the pub decorated to appear as if it were Saint Patrick’s Day, although later the decorations were changed over to a Christmas theme for additional filming. DublinLive shares that the television special will “air on Disney Plus ahead of St. Patrick’s Day”. Letterman also interviewed Irish legend, drag performer Panti Bliss, at the hotel partially owned by Bono and The Edge, The Clarence. Bliss appeared on stage with U2 in 2015 at one of their hometown Innocence and Experience shows. Bliss confirmed they were being filmed for a documentary. “

Interesting.

I think they're wrong about Disney+ over Netflix... Letterman has a contract with Netflix, and Netflix is the rumored service for the JJ Abrams U2 tv show thing.

My assumption is that this somehow fits into the My Next Guest... show. They've done a few one offs, most recently with Zelensky, and before that with Shah Rukh Khan, Zack Galifianakis and Seinfeld.

But I suppose we'll see.

Despite knowing this band and how even a date seemingly set in stone can crumble in an instant, it's still pretty exciting to think we may now be less than 3 months away from a fairly big release.

I didn't have any limericks.

Despite knowing this band and how even a date seemingly set in stone can crumble in an instant, it's still pretty exciting to think we may now be less than 3 months away from a fairly big release.

Congrats if you’re still excited for what should have been an obvious holiday season release. At this point, I’m merely exhausted and annoyed at these delays.

And it’s not new compositions anyway.

And you know they'll still find a way to tinker with the songs or release.

Edge didn't like one piano note in one song, so the entire album needs a remix

Back
Top Bottom