New Album Discussion 10 - Songs of Sir, this is a Wendy's, durr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think they're putting the appropriate amount of effort into promoting an album of reimagined songs that's more or less a different way of doing a greatest hits album.

i know i know - they have a documentary coming out (with just two of the band members that doesn't share the same name as the album and is apparently more about the dublin music scene than anything else... alas)... but this isn't the same level of promotion that a new album would have, nor should it have that level of promotion.

there are no music videos attached to this so far. they aren't playing any promotional shows, or doing the talk show circuit. maybe that'll change in March when the album is due to come out - but for me this is the appropriate level of promotion for the project - and i would certainly expect a much higher level of promotion for the new album (whenever that may be).

Exactly!!

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, their recent Grammy appearances haven't done them any favors. That's putting it nicely. Between GOYB when they weren't nominated for anything and Get Out on the barge, I think most would argue they did more harm to their image than good!

I like what they are doing so far here. It's both appropriate for what they're promoting and in line with JT 30, the book tour and the very likely sphere performances. They are reminding people who they are and why they've been so admired and successful for so long.

I think the low key approach is doing them good this time.

Exactly!!

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, their recent Grammy appearances haven't done them any favors. That's putting it nicely. Between GOYB when they weren't nominated for anything and Get Out on the barge, I think most would argue they did more harm to their image than good!

I like what they are doing so far here. It's both appropriate for what they're promoting and in line with JT 30, the book tour and the very likely sphere performances. They are reminding people who they are and why they've been so admired and successful for so long.

I think the low key approach is doing them good this time.

Petition to change name to Get Out on the Barge

Can any Australian fans out there confirm if One is available for download in iTunes/apple music now?

If Vegas shows are close to being announced, maybe One will be released alongside that announcement, which may explain why it didn't release today.

The Sphere shows are rumoured to focus on both Achtung baby and SoS (possibly titled 'SoS Baby'). 'One' would be an appropriate reflection of both albums...

I mean... they have until September

I could definitely see an album announcement and lead single by September. It's basically what they did with SoE and 'The Best Thing' before the JT tour ended.

Plus that way they can defend against accusations of relying on old material, which I'm sure they'd be keen to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom