NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt they'd be more entertaining than the current '6ers, but there's no go-to guy on that team, or areal point guard.

Maybe they can send over Stephon Marbury because he's a damn point guard! A point guard!

Stephen A. wishes to be paid in cheese doodles. Not Cheetos. Cheese Doodles. You know the kind.

NSW...I assure you I know the difference b/t mark and marc when it comes to (i'm sorry mr.) Jackson...OOO

And Mark Jackson is not only the retired pg from the Pacers...but also one of my least favorite announcers on ESPN right now. I'd rather listen to...STEVEN A SMITH!!!

Hehe...yeah. I am still working actually. But they don't make my job easy putting computer stations in every building now do they...

:wink:

I kind of forgot Jackson was a Knick...When I think of New York Point Guard, I think of Derek Harper. And when I say his name...I hear Marv Albert. YES!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Al Thornton, the sleeper of this year's draft. :wink:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The Sixers are clearly trying to set the record for most 6-6 to 6-9 guys on one team.

The Sixers got Thaddeus Young, Thornton's on the Clippers w/ fellow FSU alum Sam Cassell.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Sixers got Thaddeus Young, Thornton's on the Clippers w/ fellow FSU alum Sam Cassell.

I know, I'm saying they should have taken Thornton. They don't need a poor man's Andre Igoudala.

Ohhh, okay. My bad.

Thornton would've been a perfect fit with them, too.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Ohhh, okay. My bad.

Thornton would've been a perfect fit with them, too.

Not only that, but every expert said, Philly at 12, get Thornton, he fits their needs, he's the best on the board. No question.

They forgot the Billy King factor, though.

Still don't get the Thabo Sefolosha-Rodney Carney trade from last year either.

They're looking to get as many small forwards as humanly possible on one team:

Already:
Rodney Carney
Andre Iguodala
Bobby Jones
Kyle Korver

Plus:
Derrick Byars
Thaddeus Young

Billy King apparently hasn't noticed that we have no guards besides Andre Miller, who we will probably trade, and no big men.

You don't like Sam Dalembert or Steven Hunter? :wink:

The only reason that team works is because of Andre Miller, he's one of the few true point guards in the league.

Miller's been great, and it's a damn shame he won't stick around because he's our only tradable item, and Billy probably wants to get another small forward. If I became GM today, well...

goodbyekellykapoor.jpg

Goodbye Samuel Dalembert ...

The Sixers traded for Jason Smith in the draft, he's a 7 footer and pretty legit I think.

I was hoping my Lakers would take Smith at #19, and then sign a veteran PG. But they passed on him for Javaris Crittenton. Critter might be a better prospect, but I'm sure the pick didn't thrill Kobe at all. Smith probably will be able to contribute right away.

I can just see Dalembert showing up to practice and getting pepper-sprayed Andy-style one day.

Enter Rashard Lewis for max money (I'm still wary of this) exit Darko to the Grizzlies.

The Magic still have enough expiring contracts and Hedo Turkoglu to package a deal for a great banger inside. Marcus Camby perhaps?

Bill Simmons has dubbed Lewis' contract as the worst in the history of professional sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom