NBA 2023-24 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's safe to assume that the Bucks are the clear cut front runners to win the Championship at this point.

Apropos of nothing, I really like the dunking astronaut logo the Rockets are using now.

Not defending LA, but those Memphis reserves have a lot of grit. They gave Cleveland a hell of a fight until the fourth quarter the other night.
Speaking of my Cavs, they have an interesting choice on Sunday. Locked into the 4 seed at least, but potentially go as high as 2 with a win. I think you want the 4 seed to face Orlando or Indiana than the 2 seed and probably see Miami or Philadelphia, though. That 2 seed in the East is a sneaky dangerous place to land.

A lot of my basketball-watching mates are talking about how good Wemby is and how good he's going to be next season and I just can't believe what I'm hearing.

NBL - Delly an NBA wildcard?

Wemby might do well against most teams, but there's not a chance in hell he will be able to cope being guarded by the toughest, most physical player to ever do it.

Left leg soreness 🤦‍♂️

It's weird and unseemly to hope that it's more than just a sore leg that would make Zion miss the end of a huge game he was beginning to dominate.

Alas - it's a no win for him here, especially with his history of not playing through things.

If there is a serious injury, obviously that sucks and you don't wish that on anyone.

If there isn't and he really just missed the rest of the game with a booboo? Man... he'll never live it down.

Oh, and LIGHT THE BEAM

That dynasty is finally officially over.
Can't see them bringing Thompson back unless he takes some crazy reduced salary. Like mid level exemption level money. $40Mil for an 0-10 play-in performance is not a wise investment.
For the mid-level this past offseason, you could get a Donte DiVicenzo. Pretty sure Klay is not worth that (but maybe a Washington or a Charlotte will overpay).

(but maybe a Washington will overpay).

not a chance - doesn't fit and even if it did the money isn't there (unless GSW wants Poole back in a sign and trade).

the rumble is that Orlando is going to make a run at Klay on a short term deal for big money that would expire by the time they need to pay their young guys.

That dynasty is finally officially over.
Can't see them bringing Thompson back unless he takes some crazy reduced salary. Like mid level exemption level money. $40Mil for an 0-10 play-in performance is not a wise investment.
assuming Klay wants to be back...

if Steph wants him back, he'll be back. and Steph pretty much alluded to that last night.

will have to see exactly what kind of money they can convince him to take. agree it should be along the lines of MLE. think it comes down to whether or not anyone else has enough money to make him a good offer.

Orlando is rumored. San Antonio could make sense - they have cap space and can offer a short term deal that expires before they have to pay Wemby.

the second apron will hurt a lot of these old guys who still have value but not as much as they used once did. nobody's going to just throw money at them anymore.

so - i believe that this is ultimately a good thing for the league and for sports gambling in this country.

it was inevitable that something like this was going to happen in one of the major leagues plus power conference college.

but this will force a bit of a reckoning with how the leagues partner with betting - but also - the whole point of legalizing it was to allow better enforcement by bringing it out of the dark. in this specific case - if Porter was doing these things with a bookie or offshore site somewhere, it would have taken much longer to come out - whereas this was caught almost immediately. it only took two games of odd behavior to catch him.

Back
Top Bottom