NBA 2021 and beyond: Let's Talk Lakers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome aboard Dennis Schroder.
While you're in town, maybe take a couple of courses at the MIT Sloan School of Management or Harvard Business School cause you need a little work on your business skills.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1425543622062088198?s=19

I don't get the Haslem thing.

Like I get that he's a Heat legend and a huge locker room presence and all... but, like, make him an assistant coach. He never ever gets in and they just burn a roster spot and cap space every year on him to essentially do what assistant coaches do.

Wow, so it turns out that the guy who kicked his wife in the stomach and was caught on a DUI is an asshole?

At least he’ll get along just fine with KP.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-lakers-cemented-ben-wallace-hall-fame-legacy

what kind of revisionist bullshit history is this?

shaq destroyed ben wallace in this series. the pistons won because kobe kept jacking up shots despite being double and triple teamed. shaq had 10 more made baskets than kobe on 29 fewer shot attempts.

shaq put up 36 and 20 in game 4 yet somehow kobe took 4 more shots. but sure - ben wallace.

give me a break.

We are!

Thinking back on this - it's crazy how different the legacy of certain players or coaches can change with one change here or there. We talked about it with Budenholzer - Kyrie doesn't turn his ankle, Bud's probably fired. Instead he's forever a champion and has a clear path to the hall of fame.

Kobe truly fucked that 2004 series. Detroit couldn't stop Shaq - but it didn't matter because Kobe just kept shooting.

Lakers were the better team - if they win that series Wallace and Billups may not ever make the half of fame. Shaq probably returns for at least another year and never goes to Miami. Miami stays mediocre and the legend of Wade doesn't grow as much as it did after the finals run - which means maybe the Big 3 that the Heat later out together either never happens or happens somewhere else (Knicks?)

Back to Kobe - does he ever win a post Shaq title if KG doesn't blow out his knee? Even in 2010 - Kobe was absolutely dreadful in Game 7 but the Celtics were decimated at center after Perkins got hurt.

And if not for injuries Paul Pierce likely walks away with three rings - which would have included beating LeBron and Kobe head to head multiple times. So where would his legacy be?

These are the things I think about. I may need help

We are!

Thinking back on this - it's crazy how different the legacy of certain players or coaches can change with one change here or there. We talked about it with Budenholzer - Kyrie doesn't turn his ankle, Bud's probably fired. Instead he's forever a champion and has a clear path to the hall of fame.

Kobe truly fucked that 2004 series. Detroit couldn't stop Shaq - but it didn't matter because Kobe just kept shooting.

Lakers were the better team - if they win that series Wallace and Billups may not ever make the half of fame. Shaq probably returns for at least another year and never goes to Miami. Miami stays mediocre and the legend of Wade doesn't grow as much as it did after the finals run - which means maybe the Big 3 that the Heat later out together either never happens or happens somewhere else (Knicks?)

Back to Kobe - does he ever win a post Shaq title if KG doesn't blow out his knee? Even in 2010 - Kobe was absolutely dreadful in Game 7 but the Celtics were decimated at center after Perkins got hurt.

And if not for injuries Paul Pierce likely walks away with three rings - which would have included beating LeBron and Kobe head to head multiple times. So where would his legacy be?

These are the things I think about. I may need help

It’s still crazy about Bud. I went back and rewatched some of the Nets series because besides the obvious joy of winning 4 straight in the Finals, the Nets series was when I was calling for Bud to be fired. You can tell that at some point midway through the series, Bud finally figured out how to run an offense with Giannis. There were glimpses of a change throughout the season, but something finally clicked.

Whether or not they would have won if Kyrie started healthy will never be known but there was definitely a combination of events.

I’m still enjoying the heck out of the championship but damn I would love if the Bucks repeat by beating a fully healthy Nets and Lakers this year.

Looks like somebody was giving Rosas to someone else's wife, if ya know what I mean.

lol, i believe it. though /r/nba reddit is hilariously convinced that this is the result of ownership insisting on a trade for ben simmons and rosas objecting. there's one guy in the thread claiming it's an affair with someone in the PR department, but his source is "trust me bro" so nobody believes him.

FALZXeqWUAU9ni_

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Of course knowing that Jayson Tatum's 2 biggest influences in the NBA are Beal and Kyrie, there's no way in hell he's vaccinated either.

Back
Top Bottom