NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone i know is either working or with family tonight so i picked up a solo ticket to game 7. i haven't been this nervous for any sports event since the eagles were in the super bowl. watching this nuggets-blazers game isn't helping.

Cool. Enjoy.
Never been to game 7 in the NBA, but did see game 5 between the Celts & Pacers in 91 when first round was still a best of 5. Larry Bird's final great playoff performance.

The only reason I kind of want the Sixers to win is that it would be fun to hate on Embiid a little more.

It felt like the ball hung on that rim for fucking ages. One of the craziest endings I have ever seen.

I’m just glad that Dave won’t be drowning himself tonight.

Good luck in the Finals buddy.

Live look in San Antonio
wFACn4k.png

Last edited:
I was watching Game of Thrones. What did I miss?

Close match, philly stayed with it until the end despite really not looking that good late in the game. Managed to tie it after Leonard missed a free throw, with less than 10 seconds remaining. He then proceeds to nail a shot from the corner, and has time to basically kneel down and watch the 3-4 rim bounces for maybe 1-2 seconds. And then it dropped and the place erupted.

Close match, philly stayed with it until the end despite really not looking that good late in the game. Managed to tie it after Leonard missed a free throw, with less than 10 seconds remaining. He then proceeds to nail a shot from the corner, and has time to basically kneel down and watch the 3-4 rim bounces for maybe 1-2 seconds. And then it dropped and the place erupted.

Thanks. Just saw the final shot. Crazy.

Remember a couple of seasons ago he changed his avatar to a black square after they had a shit year, haha. So melodramatic. But, this time, I feel for him, it fucking hurts to go out like that.

well that's something i'll certainly never forget. the way the crowd went from crazy-loud to dead silence to full eruption in the span of 3 seconds (which felt in the moment like 30) was incredible.

also i don't want to ever hear any of that "#playoffkylelowry" bullshit ever again. without him the raptors are cooked by the start of the 4th quarter (if they even win game 4/5) and kawhi never gets the chance to take that shot.

lastly, sorry peef, that's a crushing way to lose. like the exact opposite for philly fans of the double-doink. hopefully the teams can both bounce back and we can have another one of these again next year, that was one of the best seven-game series i've seen in any sport.

Yes, because the Warriors depth is depleted with all of their injuries. Warriors probably want a short series. The longer it goes the more the injuries will be an impact. I highly doubt KD plays at all in this series. Calf strains are a bitch to come back from.

Odds are still in the Warriors favor, and if they had a deep bench they would be the easy favorites even without KD. But because they're so thin right now it gives Portland a shot (it would be a better shot if Nurkic was available, alas)

Yes, because the Warriors depth is depleted with all of their injuries. Warriors probably want a short series. The longer it goes the more the injuries will be an impact. I highly doubt KD plays at all in this series. Calf strains are a bitch to come back from.

Odds are still in the Warriors favor, and if they had a deep bench they would be the easy favorites even without KD. But because they're so thin right now it gives Portland a shot (it would be a better shot if Nurkic was available, alas)

Should be interesting for sure. I love how all the "experts" immediately warmed back up to Golden State after they beat the dumpster fire known as the Houston Rockets.

I do really think the Championship is up for the taking by all 4 teams this year. I have bias so I won't even go there but it's definitely exciting compared to the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom