NBA 2018-19 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at least he doesn't come up with a convenient pre-game excuse before every single game that he can point to rather than taking the blame himself if he does play poorly.

Last edited:
I think Game 3 proved that a healthy Embiid needs no excuses, but I respect the fact that he needs to convince others by getting his shit together.

KD and Kyrie, two prickly assholes, playing in front of the New York media? That'll be fun.

I guess if they pick the Knicks Dolan's bullshit media policies will actually, for once, help.

Having two prickly assholes, one of them possibly the greatest scorer of all time who would instantly become the best player to wear a Knick jersey, and the other one who would be the best PG in the team since Clyde, along with the most promising young center in the league, would be the best thing to happen to the Knicks in a quarter century.

Which is why it will never happen.

Last edited:
Having two prickly assholes, one of them possibly the greatest scorer of all time who would instantly become the best player to wear a Knick jersey, and the other one who would be the best PG in the team since Clyde, along with the most promising young center in the league, would be the best thing to happen to the Knicks in a quarter century.

Which is why it will never happen.
I didn't know the Knicks signed Jokic.

And yet barely 3 years older than "the most promising young center in the NBA". Jokic turned 24 this season.

Mitchell Robinson had a nice year on a historically bad team. But there are a bunch of good centers under the age of 25 who are a hell of a lot better than he is. Jokic is an MVP candidate. Nurkic is a stud. John Collins is the same age.

Last edited:
Mitch put up Tyson Chandler-in-his-prime numbers as a rookie that did not play college ball. Not many first or second year players that I would pick ahead of him at this point.

That he did it on a historically bad team is even more impressive.

He also had some of the most incompetent point guards in the league setting him up for dunks, and still had an eFG% of 69.4.

Mitch Robinson, 2018-19 season: 69.4 eFG% ; 16.3 TRB%; 10% BLK%; .217 WS/48; 5.7 BPM, 2.7 VORP
Tyson Chandler, 2010-11 season: .65.4 eFG%; 19.7 TRB%; 3.4%BLK%; 218 WS/48; 2.2 BPM, 2.2 VORP

[TWEET]1115629217264410624[/TWEET]

And he will make $5 million for the next 3 seasons combined.

Sg9JVQl.jpg

edit: i shouldn't talk shit about the sixers but just be happy for the raptors. and yes great idea, i think i will have another one. cheers.

Last edited:
If the Sixers lose on Thursday I'm probably taking some time off from sports, so no I will not have Bryce.

How can you be so off-put by competitive teams lol... it’s not like you’re talking about the Flyers, which I could appreciate the anxiety and/or apathy.

How can you be so off-put by competitive teams lol... it’s not like you’re talking about the Flyers, which I could appreciate the anxiety and/or apathy.
My number one sport is basketball; in college that means rooting for Penn State, who lost their first 10 conference games this season. And I don't think you appreciate how insane the narrative about the Sixers is going to be in this town for months because of this. People are already at each other's throats about who to keep of the four key players. Butler's too old to invest in, Harris has disappeared when it mattered most, Simmons is more interested in fame than improving his game, and Embiid doesn't take care of himself. I'll need to tune it all out for a while.

You have to wonder if Boston will still see Tatum as untouchable this summer. He's been pedestrian at best in the playoffs.

Also why is Aaron Rodgers always dressed like he shops for clothes at Target.

You have to wonder if Boston will still see Tatum as untouchable this summer. He's been pedestrian at best in the playoffs.

Also why is Aaron Rodgers always dressed like he shops for clothes at Target.

He’s gotta dress down to fit in Wisconsin. Trust me on that.

You have to wonder if Boston will still see Tatum as untouchable this summer. He's been pedestrian at best in the playoffs all season

Fixed that for you.

I hope NO is smart enough to not take Tatum as a centerpiece for AD.

was gonna say KD tore his achillies, but now they're saying it might just be a calf strain

Last edited:
Yeah, I was watching and it looked pretty bad. I like Durant a lot more than I used to and obviously really hope it is just a calf strain.

I also want the Warriors to win this series. I don't have much love for this current Rockets squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom