NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How so they stomach so much traveling?

Breakfast in Cleveland. Brunch in Miami. Dinner in Vegas.

After a whole NBA season... If I were them I would just pick one place and stay there.

BsDYk6iCUAABKlv.jpg

From CBS Sports:

"LeBron couldn't do it again -- could he? He wouldn't rip out Cleveland's heart again."

I don't think this is a fair assessment of the situation, but with every passing hour it is becoming more widespread. At this point, I'm starting to think he is going to be painted as an asshole again if he doesn't go back to Cleveland.

That's ridiculous. To think he owes anybody anything is absurd.

He's a basketball player. He's going to go out there and play basketball and earn his money and live where he wants to live... whether that's Cleveland or Miami or Houston... who gives a shit?

Yeah, the way he came to Miami was really douchy, but so far he hasn't done anything but keep his mouth shut.

That's ridiculous. To think he owes anybody anything is absurd.

Agreed. But I don't understand why he has done nothing to quell this media storm about Cleveland. He could say something as simple as "I want to work something out with Miami." That's non-committal but would temper other teams' hopes. But instead nothing.

Agreed. But I don't understand why he has done nothing to quell this media storm about Cleveland. He could say something as simple as "I want to work something out with Miami." That's non-committal but would temper other teams' hopes. But instead nothing.

True, but what if he actually does want to hear different offers?

What if it's Miami that's legitimately got something to prove to him? Like, what if he wont go back until he knows Deng and Carmelo will also be on his team in Miami?

So... if that does happen, he goes back to Miami and he could've told everyone from the get go with a non-committal statement, but hindsight is perfect. In reality, he wanted to see who put forth the best team for him.

Because he is genuinely considering Cleveland. He isn't sure what he wants to do yet which is why he hasn't said anything.

For the record, I still think he goes to Cleveland.

If anyone thinks that the media storm being generated here isn't being at least partially orchestrated by LeBron's camp is kidding themselves.

While I wouldn't be shocked if he did end up in Cleveland again, part of me very much believes that his camp is drumming up this genuine interest in returning to Cleveland solely to convince the lesser two and Riley to make the moves he wants.

Everything about his entire being as a major, known athlete; from high school on, has been heavily scripted by his "handlers.". To think any of what's going on now is any different, regardless of the ultimate outcome, is simply being naive.

I mean, they're meeting with Nike in Vegas. Of course this is part of the plan. They know what is going on. Even if he had every intention of returning to Miami, he probably wouldn't have done all that much differently for the reasons you state. Leverage is in play here.

But this is genuine, is all I'm saying. Cleveland is very much in play here.

Tomorrow's meeting was originally supposed to be one-on-one between LeBron and Riley. That is no longer the case, and it's because of Riley that it's not. Which is intentional. Like I said, it's up to him to make this happen for Miami, and he is doing what he has to.

Oh I know Cleveland is very much in play, and at this moment may even be THE play...

But every move has been highly calculated by him and his camp.

He knows where he's going, and likely had known for a decent amount of time now. Riley may think it's a last chance recruiting effort tomorrow, but James already knows if he's staying or leaving.

The Cavs moved Jarrett Jack in a three-teamer (Boston got a first out of it that I wanted the Sixers to get, FUCK), which opens up the cap space to sign LeBron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom