NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
d-rose-dance_medium.gif

that is pretty much how most people feel about that clown.

And I see that and I understand that, despite him being on my team.

Regardless, it's the flipping NBA All Star Game. Nobody cares.

they used to.

they used to even care about the three point contest and dunk contest... because it's competition, so it matters. but that touches on an even bigger issue with the sport in general.

but as was already stated by others... if there wasn't an ongoing pattern of shrinking in the moment from lebron, nobody would really care about what he did at the end of an all star game.

but because lebron makes absolutely everything about how great he is, of course everyone will give him shit about his consistent ability to shrink from the moment in big spots, no matter what the occasion.

^ Too bad Geico is a Knicks sponsor...

That Knicks second unit is pretty neat. I love the Baron-Smith pairing.

Somehow I knew you'd be posting about him after last night.

7, you want to explain why Udonis Haslem should be taking the final shot instead of Lebron?

the heat have this giant rain cloud hanging over their head, in that they know full well that if they're going to win a championship they have to blow everyone out, because if it's a close, hard fought series, everybody in the building knows that lebron is going to bitch out.

i wonder what his entourage's fake excuse is going to be this time... he's used the elbow, the delonte' fucked my mom, the somebody fucked my girlfriend... i know i know... lebron didn't play well in the series because noris cole kicked his dog.

Somehow I knew you'd be posting about him after last night.

7, you want to explain why Udonis Haslem should be taking the final shot instead of Lebron?

I think everyone should do their bit. Udonis Haslem certainly shouldn't be taking a final shot (because he's arguably worse than LeBron at something like that)... but I mean between Wade, Bosh, and LeBron (and the occasional Eddie House, Eddie Jones, etc.) nobody owns the ball. I don't see a requirement on LeBron taking the shot, or one given person in general.

Yeah, sucks that he can't make those shots at will at the end of the game, but I'm cool with a guy like LeBron carrying half of a team on his back 95% of the way there. I don't see why the other 10 players can't account for the extra 5%.

PhilsFan said:
It's really simple: you don't call yourself Michael Jordan and then avoid being Michael Jordan.

What that guy said.

Don't carry yourself as this great, otherworldly basketball God... tattoo Chosen 1 on your back as if you've been hand picked by jesus, moses and mohammed to be the greatest thing ever...

...and then completely shit the bed and shrink from the moment precisely when its time to do what is required to be placed amongst the greatest of all time.

Quite the finish at the real Garden this afternoon.
Last 2 minutes of regulation, Pierce and Carmelo both repeatedly taking the critical shot, not passing to Greg Stiemsma or Jared Jeffries.

And not too shabby by Rondo, 18 points, 17 rebounds and an NBA season high 20 assists.

Hope Kobe takes care of Dwyane Wade's face himself in the 2nd game rather than Thug Bynum doing it.

I think everyone should do their bit. Udonis Haslem certainly shouldn't be taking a final shot (because he's arguably worse than LeBron at something like that)... but I mean between Wade, Bosh, and LeBron (and the occasional Eddie House, Eddie Jones, etc.) nobody owns the ball. I don't see a requirement on LeBron taking the shot, or one given person in general.

Yeah, sucks that he can't make those shots at will at the end of the game, but I'm cool with a guy like LeBron carrying half of a team on his back 95% of the way there. I don't see why the other 10 players can't account for the extra 5%.

Not arguing that the rest of the roster needs to contribute, but in those critical situations, James passing rather than shooting is an issue, especially when he has an opening to drive and get fouled or pull up for a 15 footer with not a lot of defensive contest, but he passes to Haslem, its one thing if he's doubled hard (a double was coming but not aggressively and not there yet, he had an opening to drive) and passes to Wade who has some final shot resume...watching the way Anthony and Pierce played the final 2 minutes of regulation shows the difference in sheer will between them and a much more talented Lebron...give me Paul Pierce with the game on the line over James any day.

And yet another ridiculous hatred for another player that I don't quite understand.

Bynum?

Whats not to understand, he's a thug, plain and simple. Ask JJ Barea and a host of others.

And if you mean Wade, no hatred, but I would assume some retribution is in order...you're a hockey fan, you should understand that...one time retribution to even the score, nothing more.

Maybe - just maybe - all of this deprecation of LeBron for passing in a relatively meaningless mid-season game is a bit overblown. I'm starting to hope he does win a damn championship just so everyone can stop scrutinizing every move that he makes.

Maybe - just maybe - all of this deprecation of LeBron for passing in a relatively meaningless mid-season game is a bit overblown. I'm starting to hope he does win a damn championship just so everyone can stop scrutinizing every move that he makes.

:up:

agreed. it's become annoying and obvious. i've become a major Heat fan this year as well just because i want to see people cry.

Not arguing that the rest of the roster needs to contribute, but in those critical situations, James passing rather than shooting is an issue, especially when he has an opening to drive and get fouled or pull up for a 15 footer with not a lot of defensive contest, but he passes to Haslem, its one thing if he's doubled hard (a double was coming but not aggressively and not there yet, he had an opening to drive) and passes to Wade who has some final shot resume...watching the way Anthony and Pierce played the final 2 minutes of regulation shows the difference in sheer will between them and a much more talented Lebron...give me Paul Pierce with the game on the line over James any day.

An opening to drive? Check that again. He could've done it, but it wasn't exactly 'open'. LeBron James put the ball perfectly over to Udonis Haslem in a prime Udonis Haslem spot. Udonis Haslem always makes that shot. Listen, I agree. He should've drove it in. But Udonis should've made that shot. He always makes that shot.

Also, you've got to keep in mind that sometimes that's a set play. I'm certainly no basketball coach so I couldn't really tell (Headache I'd like to hear..?), but how much leverage do you think LeBron is given to make whatever decision he wants? He could just be doing what he's told...?

Bynum?

Whats not to understand, he's a thug, plain and simple. Ask JJ Barea and a host of others.

And if you mean Wade, no hatred, but I would assume some retribution is in order...you're a hockey fan, you should understand that...one time retribution to even the score, nothing more.

I dunno... the way you worded it, it sounded like you meant Wade had done something seriously wrong.

And if this were hockey, it would be Bynum taking care of Wade ;)

I dunno... the way you worded it, it sounded like you meant Wade had done something seriously wrong.

And if this were hockey, it would be Bynum taking care of Wade ;)

Not seriously wrong, but just figured a little eye for an eye thing, but Colorado Kobe let his hoops do the talking I guess.

Bynum would be the biggest goon in NHL history if he were a hockey player. :wink:

An opening to drive? Check that again. He could've done it, but it wasn't exactly 'open'. LeBron James put the ball perfectly over to Udonis Haslem in a prime Udonis Haslem spot. Udonis Haslem always makes that shot. Listen, I agree. He should've drove it in. But Udonis should've made that shot. He always makes that shot.

Also, you've got to keep in mind that sometimes that's a set play. I'm certainly no basketball coach so I couldn't really tell (Headache I'd like to hear..?), but how much leverage do you think LeBron is given to make whatever decision he wants? He could just be doing what he's told...?

The Red Sea hadn't parted, but he had an opening, and what do you think happens in that situation if he drives and draws contact from either Howard or Milsap? Which way do you think the call goes...we'd be discussing how he can't make free throws under pressure instead.:wink:

And as for the play, its not drawn specifically to go to Haslem, its for Lebron to have the ball and certainly if he sees a better option to pass, but in no way is he doing what he's told, ask Mike Brown, he doesn't listen to coaches, coaches have to do as he says or risk their jobs.

Again, I'd have little problem with that play if Wade is the guy he passes to for a potential GW 15 footer, but Haslem, sorry wrong decision, he has to keep it in his own hands given the choice of those 2.

Yeah, seriously impressive game by Kobe. In my opinion, still the best there is out there. And there's no need for him to prove himself game after game, because he's done it all too much.

Awful game for the Heat. Wade fouling out for the second time in his career and first time in 7 years. Not much went right. Much worse than last game, despite being a much better team.

Back
Top Bottom