Naughty naughty Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shrug: Who cares?

Like, he's just having fun, and as the article stated, ONLY when the pics were taken he put the girl's hand up his chest and Simon put his leg on the other girl's leg. They're OBVIOUSLY taking the piss with the press again. There's no need for anyone to take this seriously.

I love the man but he has been incredibly stupid, even though I'm certain its just Bono in flirt mode. It's inappropriate with girls of daughters age let alone anyone else.
Eve and Jordan must be cringing..........

:up:

Is your dad a celebrity? I think there is a different lifestyle there.

I think it is funny that all the teen-aged and twenty-something girls on here (who are all young enough to be Bono's daughters) are perving over him all over this forum and then getting grossed out because he is photographed with two 19-year old models in bikinis.
I never thought of Bono that way...I just like U2's music! :huh:

My Dad isn't a celebrity, but still...even if was he...it's still creepy

ANYWHO!
THIS CRAP ALREADY GOT ON PEREZHILTON...SO WE SHOULD BE SEEING IT ON ET TONIGHT!

Fantastic

:shrug: Who cares?

Like, he's just having fun, and as the article stated, ONLY when the pics were taken he put the girl's hand up his chest and Simon put his leg on the other girl's leg. They're OBVIOUSLY taking the piss with the press again. There's no need for anyone to take this seriously.

Very interesting!Do you ever see the same kind of Ronnie Wood's pics with his new 18-years old girlfriend?

I never thought of Bono that way...I just like U2's music! :huh:

My Dad isn't a celebrity, but still...even if was he...it's still creepy

ANYWHO!
THIS CRAP ALREADY GOT ON PEREZHILTON...SO WE SHOULD BE SEEING IT ON ET TONIGHT!

Fantastic

I don't see anything creepy with it. I sometimes hang out with a man who is older than my father and I have been with him in my bathing suit without the need of chaperons. There is nothing untoward about my friendship with him, so I see no reason to assume there is anything untoward about Bono's friendship with these girls.

Bono has never claimed to be a saint (sinner jacket says just the opposite), but he has never been shy in front of the camera (pics of him French kissing Liam Gallagher, anyone?). He rarely does what is expected of him by society. What kind of a rock star would he be if he started following the rules? :sexywink:

I know, but...if my friends acted like that with my Dad...

WELL THATS JUST CREEPY, and I have never though of Bono as creepy...

B.Vox ur confusing me :huh:

EXACTLY. i agree with you.
It's weird to see someone MY age wearing a bikini and sitting on his lap. AND hanging out with him. I just find that to be extremely weird.

OK, this is getting ridiculous. I'd say in these pictures Bono is SO posing, he's doing this for the camera. Remember the whole Penelope Cruz "affair"? I don't know why fans who know of the man's love for parties get so worked up about a tabloid story.

This is the funny part.

What I don't find funny is someone who claims to be a fan, makes cryptic statements and tries to throw dirt on Bono and Ali.

Saint Bono, I HATE that so much! WHO calls him that? We don't. I hate it when people come out and say: Oh SAINT Bono isn't such a Saint.

When I saw this I thought the same thing with them being Jordan's age. But, we also don't know the whole story. I could be something that is not even true.

Unicorn you are right it has OFFICIALLY got out of control - we know that Bono was being Bono but the tabloid press just dig for dirt. He is the world biggest flirt and always be. On this occasion he took it too far due to the age of the girls involved - even though they are adults B is over twice their age and it don't look good.

Now Perez has got hold of it, it is going to get messy.

The Saint Bono tag is ridiculous and its something the British press also use with Bob Geldof. They are just men trying to make a difference, far from saints and they would be the first to admit it I'm sure.

Compared to other celebrities, Bono's "scandals" are truly neat.

He knows well enough what public behaviour like this will look like and what it can lead to, he's not stupid.

Private matters have to be solved between him and Ali and we really shouldn't speculate on anything because we are not them and don't know.

Personally I think Bono is trying to break this ridiculous "Saint" image from time to time by doing things like that.

this thread has gotten out of hand truly. I hate people who come in just stir up crap, it drives me nuts.

no one has ever said or claimed that Bono is some kind of saint, only the people that come in to rile people up do this. It's their perception or sweeping generalization on the people who post in this forum. Now if they out right asked people here what their take on Bono in sitiuations like this they certainly wouldn't get a 100 percent agreement on the fact that Bono could do no wrong, we all know how he is and his faults. A huge flirt he most certainly is, playing it up for the camera he does all the time, choosing the situation (two 19 yr old girls) not such a great decision, he made the wrong one but hey it ain't the first or last time he will do stuff like this.

just my 2 1/2 cents..

OK so....say I'm wearing my bikini b/c I'm on the beach, right? and I go to a beach bar with my friend to get a drink and...omg there's Bono! So we say "hi" and snap some pics and whatnot...so am I supposed to run the other way b/c I just happen to be wearing a bikini on the beach and it so happens that Bono is the same age as my dad?

Bono's not stupid, if he really had something to hide I doubt he'd be posing for pictures and letting them take pics for their Facebooks. So he parties with some girls that are young and hot. Any other guy and we'd be like "nice going!" :hi5: but b/c it's Bono it's scandalous he'd hang out with someone other than fat rich politicians?

LOL @ the pix. looks a bit dodgy, but yay for the girls. jealous!
hardly a scandal in the big scheme of life though, it's not exactly a drug binge or something mad. everyone went mental when he 'snogged' liam gallagher, so i'm sure they'll go mad over this for five minutes too, and then get over it.

OK so....say I'm wearing my bikini b/c I'm on the beach, right? and I go to a beach bar with my friend to get a drink and...omg there's Bono! So we say "hi" and snap some pics and whatnot...so am I supposed to run the other way b/c I just happen to be wearing a bikini on the beach and it so happens that Bono is the same age as my dad?

Bono's not stupid, if he really had something to hide I doubt he'd be posing for pictures and letting them take pics for their Facebooks. So he parties with some girls that are young and hot. Any other guy and we'd be like "nice going!" :hi5: but b/c it's Bono it's scandalous he'd hang out with someone other than fat rich politicians?

:up:

I don't care really...anyways, it's HIS life. He can do whatever he wants.

Maybe Simon Carmody is the dirty old man, and, well, everyone needs a good wingman, and no doubt a Bono is a pretty good accessory to have when you’re a 50yr old on the teenage pull. “Eeww, how old are you?” “Me? Oh, I’m, err, say, want to go for a drink on Bono’s yacht? Did I mention Bono?”

I think the reason it comes off so weird is that the fashion student (possibly why he knows her??) claims that he contacted her to get together while he was around. And it appears that the foursome were partying alone. It would look less :yikes: if they were just random pictures with a lot of people around partying, but it looks like a more intimate get together than that.

Of course Bono is a well known flirt and I would prefer to assume the best of him and not the worst. And I also prefer to think that if he really does something stupid that Ali will kick his pasty Irish butt :wink:
If I saw pictures of my husband acting like that with a couple of girls I would be hiding laxatives in his oatmeal :madwife:

The Perez photo of the Hewsons at Disneyland makes the blonde woman look like its supposed to be Ali. Perez would be oblivious to who Bono's actual wife is. As a big Perez reader, you can tell that he doesn't like Bono much.

The Perez photo of the Hewsons at Disneyland makes the blonde woman look like its supposed to be Ali. Perez would be oblivious to who Bono's actual wife is. As a big Perez reader, you can tell that he doesn't like Bono much.

The blonde woman in that picture is Lian Lunson. She is the movie producer of Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man, which Bono appeared in. She is very close friends to Ali and Bono. I'll never forget how excited Ali was when Lian showed up at the Edun event last year.

Bono has said time and time again how much he loves women. They work for the U2 empire, his assistant is a women, he acknowledges that he loves flirt. I don't see what the big deal is really. The only thing I question is whether or not he called them to get to together. :hmm:

Honestly don't see the big deal here. I have many friends from almost every generation that I hang out with and have done much worse in pictures than what Bono is doing in those (photographic evidence will NOT be supplied). The man's a charming flirt and a family man at the same time - he can be a humanitarian and a rock star too. Dichotomy is cool. :up:

1) Still don't see what the big deal is. The man has done worse. A LOT worse. Popmart performances of miami? Camera humping during zootv? Straddling and rolling around with girls during Elevation? It's just the way he is. He doesn't mean anything by it. I mean, the man is possibly the most famous rockstar on the planet, and he has been with the same lovely woman for 32 years! I think that deserves a bravo!

2) I understand why some of you are having negative reactions here, but come on..do you seriously think Bono's a pervert or something? Do we have no faith in him whatsoever? I would say he has earned my faith in his character. Thus, I would say it's far more likely that the gossip mags are fabricating a story. They've been known to do that you know. :happy:

Many fans always want Bono to me more rockstar again.

Now if this isn't rockstar I don't know what is!

It's just a big show.

2) I understand why some of you are having negative reactions here, but come on..do you seriously think Bono's a pervert or something? Do we have no faith in him whatsoever? I would say he has earned my faith in his character. Thus, I would say it's far more likely that the gossip mags are fabricating a story. They've been known to do that you know. :happy:

I think everyone's a pervert to some extent. Certainly Bono, that old sleaze. He may as well be having SEX with a LADY'S VAGINA on CAMERA the way he's acting right now!!! :angry::angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom