National Hockey League 2012-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember, Rogers and Bell own MLSE now. This is the same MLSE that just yesterday announced the hiring of a new coach for the Toronto FC who has ZERO coaching experience and may miss the first 2-3 months of the season because he is STILL playing overseas.

Most of his moves as a GM were okay, I just wish he could have kept his mouth shut.

For being put under the stupid pressure of demanding a winning team immediately, some of his moves were okay.

But if they were uninfluenced, I would call most of his moves really shitty moves.

Cameras have spotted a potential Leafs GM candidate waiting to be interviewed:

_64673311_64673309.jpg

Such as?

I'll give you his free agent signing record is spotty at best but other than the Kessel trade he's made some decent trades and he's taken a complete joke of a farm system and made it respectible.

The Gabrovski 5/5.5 was a pretty steep price.

Doing piss all in terms of a goalie between Gustavsson, Reimer, Toskala, Gigure, and whatnot. Revolving door of has beens and never will bes in net.

The Phaneuf acquisition was an act of desperation which was totally unnecessary. Plain and simple -- he's overpaid and not that good.

Of course then what you've mentioned with how he spends his free agency money. I believe the Maple Leafs have something like the 7th or 8th highest payroll in the league, and it hasn't done them very much. Mike Komisarek and Jeff Finger. Yeah.

And for what it's worth, appears to have been responsible for a pretty shitty draft record, although that wont be determined until a few years down the line for sure.

Some are saying, and it sounds entirely plausible, that the Leafs' new owners were a little unnerved that the big story all winter in Toronto was the Blue Jays acquisitions, whereas normally the Leafs are front and centre.

To that end, they pinpointed acquiring Roberto Luongo as a way to grab back the spotlight and attempt to make the playoffs. Burke, meanwhile, favoured continuing with the Reimer/Scrivens tandem, at least for this season.

Which ultimately would've been a smarter move. Acquiring Luongo for spotlight purposes is foolish. That's a ton of guaranteed money over a long period of time nobody needs to take on. From a Panther perspective, I would only go after Luongo if it included getting rid of someone like Old Man Jovo.

Which is what I was saying before though. Burke's not entirely responsible for having to pull the trigger on a lot of his shitty moves. A lot comes from ownership pressure. It wouldn't surprise me BoMac if that was 100% accurate.

Alright, lets hurry up and get this season over, anything better than a last place finish will be a surpreme disapointment.

Over / Under on reminiscing about how awesome the lockout was: I say mid way through the first period of Game 1 will bring back those wonderful memories of Islanders Not Getting Beaten by Being Stupid And Goddamn They Suck Time.

Can I comment or just beav?

Sorry, I should have addressed this to the two Islanders fans named Mike.

So what's your take on it? With a cursory understanding of their roster and prospects, I honestly think better days are ahead for the team.

Of course, whether or not they'd be able to beat the Chicago Wolves is another story. If someone thinks they can, well, then, the only thing I can say is they're being incredibly obtuse.

Sorry, I should have addressed this to the two Islanders fans named Mike.

So what's your take on it? With a cursory understanding of their roster and prospects, I honestly think better days are ahead for the team.

Of course, whether or not they'd be able to beat the Chicago Wolves is another story. If someone thinks they can, well, then, the only thing I can say is they're being incredibly obtuse.
The Wolves are so-oooo much better.

Back
Top Bottom