National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're busy kicking their ass.

No but really... they've faced a Tampa team desperate to have one last breath in a playoff race (not gonna happen) and a Florida team who needs every last point not only to win their division but to make the playoffs.

Although, if you were wondering what happened to them as in why they're getting dominated... they've been shitting the bed for the past month or two.

Of course Boston has nothing to prove though. That's probably why they're so relaxed. But it's going to bite them in the ass if they blow their division and lose home ice advantage for the playoffs.

That's true, so if Ottawa beats Montreal tomorrow, does that mean Boston drop out of the top 3 seeds and Ottawa moves into 2nd in the East?

Yeah, and Boston will drop all the way down to where Ottawa currently is at #7.

Which is exciting for me because with two games on hand over Ottawa, the Panthers will have the ability to get to #2 by their own means. I don't want to face Ottawa or Boston though, so I'm actually fine with Florida staying in 3rd. I'd really like to play New Jersey actually...

From what happened last night and tonight?

That team's not simply injured/worn out. That team is lazy as fuck. They've been annihilated in back to back games.

The loss of Tuukka Rask is a major blow for them. Thomas is at the age where he needs to be saved for the playoffs, and Rask was playing very well. They don't really have another tested goalie for help, as evidenced by the other night. Combine that with being in a funk for the last month or so, and it's going to be a bit rocky for the Bs. Hopefully they recover in time.

The loss of Tuukka Rask is a major blow for them. Thomas is at the age where he needs to be saved for the playoffs, and Rask was playing very well. They don't really have another tested goalie for help, as evidenced by the other night. Combine that with being in a funk for the last month or so, and it's going to be a bit rocky for the Bs. Hopefully they recover in time.

None of those goals were at the responsibility of Tim Thomas at all. I didn't see all of the Tampa goals, but in the Florida game he was either left out to dry by his team or lazy/stupid play led to a penalty which the Panthers converted on.

Kick it to Kopecky Video - NHL VideoCenter - Florida Panthers

Wolski Scores Six Video - NHL VideoCenter - Florida Panthers

That's the epitome of sloppy defense and leaving your goalie out to dry. I believe two more were on the PP. No Tuukka Rask is going to stop those.

My other night comment was referring to the Tampa game, when they started Turco and he proceeded to give up three goals within the first four minutes of the game and they had to bring in Thomas, which is the last thing they wanted to do.

Which is why not having Rask is a major problem for them. They don't have a viable backup option for Thomas now. Combine that with the fact that the entire team isn't playing well, and they've got some issues...

Well yeah if that was the case with Turco, certainly.

But if I were to pinpoint a concern, it's the lack of urgency and the lack of hard play/care by the rest of the team.

I'd be so pissed off if I were Claude Julien watching those goals by Florida. It was like... beer league crap.

The Bruins players are on a formal curfew tonight, making sure they behave themselves on the eve of their St Paddy's Day afternoon home game against the Flyers tomorrow. I think the Flyers are going to beat them up a bit.

This is so surreal...

The Panthers are on a mission and continue to do things to prove everyone (including the fans) wrong.

Winners of 5 straight and doing their best to run away with the division. Win #4 in a streak was the one they couldn't get for something like 5 years... this is awesome.

This is so horrifying...

The Leafs are on a mission and continue to do things to prove everyone (including the fans) right.

Losers of 8 straight at home and doing their best to run away with a lottery pick. Loss #8 in a streak was the same they get every year... this is terrible.

:)

Trust me. There are worse things than running away with a lottery pick. Tanking it hardcore at the end of the season is better than dying trying and taking a crap pick as well.

I've seen that all too many times.

Risky promotion for this place...or is it? :wink:

Aog1Zx3CIAE5vYo.jpg

Losers of 8 straight at home and doing their best to run away with a lottery pick. Loss #8 in a streak was the same they get every year... this is terrible.
8's are wild!!
Plus the 8th loss was an 8-0 pummeling, and speaking of pummeling, someone should tell Komisarek you don't lead with your chin in a fight.

8's are wild!!
Plus the 8th loss was an 8-0 pummeling, and speaking of pummeling, someone should tell Komisarek you don't lead with your chin in a fight.

Hey, coach Kevin Dineen put my boy Dimitry Kulikov, #7, out there versus Buffalo as the #7 shooter to win seal the deal in the shootout.

Interesting how numbers can work in.... shall we say... mysterious ways?

Aog1Zx3CIAE5vYo.jpg

:laugh:

Dear Vancouver,

If you wouldn't mind scoring a goal or two in the next back to back starting tonight. It would be really nice since I'm not sure if you are aware the playoffs are just around the corner.

Cheers,
bono_man2002

Aog1Zx3CIAE5vYo.jpg

:lol: Saw that tweeted by mlse (no affiliatiation with the real MLSE, it's a fan-run feed whose "name" is Pension Plan Puppets *snerk*) last week...

The Leafs aren't even attempting to do the "end of the season run where we look like we might - by hard work and a miracle - make the playoffs this year" thing they normally do, which makes me wonder if they're actually tanking this time around...

Winnipeg can no longer overtake the Panthers.

Panthers have 6 games to defend a 5 point lead. The Washington Capitals demise has also determined that it's all or nothing considering Buffalo is power-housing into the playoffs right now.

I have my fingers crossed for you. It is so much fun when your team is in the playoffs! :up:

:sigh:

:lol:

Are we ahead of you yet? It is all I have left to hope for at this point. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom