Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ABC announces end to Spicks and Specks

vader.jpg

Sort of is right haha. Although I'm growing less excited about the album release every day. I think she needed to release the statement a little bit later in the year, but out a single and then a month or so to wait for the album.

September is still a ways a way. Though it'll be here in no time.

Ah... well, other bands make people wait ages for an album after the lead single comes out, I guess.

Yeah, I think the next three months for me will pass in a haze of juggling travel plans and :helpIhaven'tsavedenoughmoney: :panic: ... but you know, better chaotic travel plans than none at all. :D

Oh wow.

As for watching old games, I probably should give that a go, though the idea of almost any sports in archival fashion has always seemed strange to me.

How many "Owl" bands are there? Maybe I'm having a brainfart but I can't think of any others off the top of my head...

Owl City, Owl Eyes ...

I'm so sad about this, you've no idea.

As for sporting allegiances, mine are dead boring.

Wellington Hurricanes: I'm from Wellington.
Wellington Lions: I'm from Wellington.
Horowhenua-Kapiti: I'm specifically from the Kapiti Coast.
All Blacks: I'm from New Zealand.
Black Caps: I'm from New Zealand.
Essendon Bombers: Well maybe this one's interesting, given how long I took to find an AFL team (saw my first game in 1996!) to call my own. I live near Windy Hill, my ex-flatmate was a fan, and I started to seriously warm to them through 2008-09 despite initially thinking either the Tigers or the Hawks were for me due to having Wellington's colours, especially Richmond. Then when a tram driver screamed "NECKSTOP WINNY HIWWW, ESSE-DAW FOOTBAW GROOUWWW!!!" three times in a row, well, I was converted! GO ESSE-DAW!

Had that tram driver again the other day. STAY NETBAW'N HOCKEYY SENNAA!!! His enunciation is so bad, and by god does he want the whole tram to know.

Hey Daniel, somebody won the hockey. Or maybe it was a draw. But there was a result.

SORRY TO SPOIL.

I hope it didn't interrupt Spicks & Specks too much for you!

Loved "it didn't affect my life".

They snippeted Mofo?! THEY SNIPPETED MOFO?! I GOT A DISCOTHEQUE AND A MOFO SNIPPET?! I GOT STAY, ZOOROPA, DISCOTHEQUE, MOFO, AIWIY, HMTMKMKM, COBL, AND LOVE RESCUE ME?!! Pardon the fangirling, but omfg!

I need to take a breath. :sigh: That's better.

Ax, I will have video and pics to contribute to u2gigs as soon as I find my usb cord for my camera.

Awesome Jess, just awesome :up:

I am in U2 overload. And it's a very good place to be. I keep remembering things from last night and getting all excited again. Especially talking to Dallas.

The concert was a total waste on Dave, for reasons I'd rather not go into right now. Let's just say he really isn't the fan he presented himself to be when he pretended not to be jealous of Scumbo.

What the fuck is up, Superthread? It's half past Chablis o-thirty.

Reggo said:
The concert was a total waste on Dave, for reasons I'd rather not go into right now. Let's just say he really isn't the fan he presented himself to be when he pretended not to be jealous of Scumbo.

Was he jealous that Bono is the largest Boner on earth? 3 feet 6!

Actually, his two biggest complaints were that the stadium wasn't serving beer and that people were actually, you know, paying attention to the concert instead of smoking weed, chit-chatting, and forming dance circles. What sort of stoner-ass-dirty-hippie concerts has he been going to? He kept walking around trying to talk to people and they all ignored the moron in the Tool hoodie. Gee, I wonder why. So he "had to go find a seat" cause he was so uncomfortable. He sat on his ass at the back of GA and didn't see anything, after making it all the way to the outer-outer rail, then getting claustrophobic. He also said he was uncomfortable with Bono humping the air, like he does, and proceeded to try to tell me in detail which songs he didn't like and why. And the significance of certain snippets/songs and that I had a conversation with Dallas Schoo was totally lost on him. I know he's not a U2 superfan like the rest of us here, so he doesn't get certain things, but if you were all excited over Breathe being played (they didn't, not a spoiler) and then I turned around to tell you why I hated it while not giving a single shit about your excitement, and you slugged me (not that Traviud would hit a girl, I'm just sayin'), that'd be my cue to shut the FUCK up, not shit all over 3 other songs whose titles I'm not even close to getting right. I offered to burn him a CD of the setlist and he goes, "No thanks. I'm not really a fan of theirs." If I hadn't been too sore to blink, I would have torn his nuts off.

reggo i don't know this whole dave story, but he sounds like a right royal dick, no offense to you intended.

that's a great picture.

No, I've known he's a dick the entire two years I've known him. So none taken. I need to get rid of him for good.

Back
Top Bottom