Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez I'm not judging, lol. I just thought it was funny people are still buying tapes. :shifty:

But anyway cassette nostalgia = :drool: :wink:

I'm just messing with you Zoots :p

I put all of my cassettes in the car last night in preparation of my leaving. I bought WAY too many :lol:

2400679768_2018994a4b.jpg

Among My Swan ~ Mazzy Star.

I am so happy I got it. I've been hunting for this for ages

The Crust Brothers -- Marquee Mark

This is from back at the end of the last century, but only recently became available again through iTunes. It's Stephen Malkmus performing with the guys from Silkwork, doing a set of covers, mostly from Bob Dylan & The Band's Basement Tapes. Selections include Going to Acapulco, Bessie Smith, Please Mrs. Henry, Lo and Behold.

There's also some other covers on there including I Heard it Through the Grapevine, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Tuesday's Gone, and a few more.

An old write-up from Interview magazine by legendary rock critic Greil Marcus about the show (and other well-known covers) is here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1285/is_1_29/ai_53567009

I guess Narrow Stairs isn't seeing a vinyl release. I went up to Waterloo this afternoon to try to grab it and there was nothing. I didn't leave empty handed though. I finally found something spectacular on vinyl:

11071571891fvu9.jpg

I also got In Our Nature by ole Jose Gonzalez (180 gram and including a CD) for the pseudo Miss impy.

impy13 said:
I guess Narrow Stairs isn't seeing a vinyl release.

The CD had a little advertisement in it saying the vinyl comes out "Summer '08", whenever that may be.

Well so much for waiting on my first listen to be on vinyl. I'm going to download the damn thing for free now.

You lose, Ben Gibbard.

Admiral Freebee - Admiral Freebee

And also the Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint DVD Hot As A Pistol, Keen As A Blade for just a fiver!
:hyper:

The Breeders - Last Splash for $3.99 used. :drool:

Also ordered via amazon:

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I

Neil Diamond * Home before dark
The last shadow puppets * The age of the understatement
Bright Eyes * Fevers and mirrors
The Black heart procession * Hearts and Thanks
Scot Walker * The collection
Portishead * Third
Saint louis * The First Urban Blues