My U2 Book collection... What's yours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's my collection of U2 bios:

Bill Graham's U2: The Early Days (c)1990
Bill Flanagan's U2 at the End of the World (c)1996
B.P. Fallon's U2: Faraway So Close (c) 1994
The Rolling Stones File: U2 (c)1994
John Waters's Race of Angels: The Genesis of U2 (c)1994

I plan to get Into the Heart after U2 retires... Bono In His Own Words would be cool, but this Amazon.com listing is CRAAAZY

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 01-30-2002).]

Too many to list...I have all of those except the Waters' book.
I have more to order, but that's for another day.

The Bible Pure Brilliance
U2 Rolling Stone File Intersting read
Race of Angels John Waters Great piece of work but strays away from U2 most of the time
Another time, ANother Place Bill Graham havent read it in ages so cant remember hehe
Bono in His Own Words Just quotes
A grand Madness - absolute rubbish that tries to be the Bible without the element of the actual band
U2 Live Concert Documentary Pimm Jalde La Parra - Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
Into the Heart Niall Stokes- good book, nice picces but its his words, not the bands.
Faraway So CLose BP Fallon ADore this book, he has sucha great dialogue adn takes damn fine pics!
U2 The Complete Songs Fabulous but expensive
U2 Illustrated Book and interview disc Mark Taylor eh never look at it

Originally posted by Charlie's Angel:
p.s. I still havent seen the Encyclopaedia or the Bono biograpghy :/

ZooManda

[This message has been edited by Charlie's Angel (edited 01-31-2002).]

Is the bio even out yet?? I have been looking for it everywhere, and I can't find it. I am in Canada, maybe it hasn't come out here yet!!!

Originally posted by Charlie's Angel:
Race of Angels John Waters Great piece of work but strays away from U2 most of the time

I have to disagree with you here. I think this book is a great read... I actually learned a little more about Bono and the others which I never knew... And I think that learning the historical/sociological context in which U2 was conceived is very critical to the whole story...

anyways, IMHO

Soul, I said it was a great book. I was mainly letting people know that haven't read it that it isn't straight U2. Dat is all..
smile.gif

Spinning head..yes its out in Australia. I've seen it advertised but just have't been able to find it in bookstores as of yet.

Unforgettable Fire Famon Dumphy
Outside is America Carter Alan
Rolling Stone Files
U2 Jackie Shirley
The Complete Guide of U2 Bill Graham
U2 Mark Taylor
U2 Burning Desire Sam Goodman
Into the Heart Niall Stokes
U2 Live Concert Documentary Pimm Jal de la Parra
A Grand Madness Dianne Ebertt Beeaff
Walk On Steve stockman
U2 The Complete Encylopedia Mark Chatterson

The Early Days
U2 At The End Of The World
Into The Heart(Latest Ed.)
Walk On - The Spritual Journey Of U2
The U2 Encyclopedia

U2 Live: A Concert Documentary: Pim Jal de la Parra- LOVE IT!

At The End of the World: Bill Flanagan -The BIBLE

Bill Graham: short little book that describes the songs ( Can't remember the name of it now...- First u2 book I bought. Not sure how accurate.

Into the Heart The story behind the songs ( updated edition)- Can't remember the author- interesting for the few Bono quotes.

U2: The Complete Songs : GREAT!-

Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2 : Stephen Stockman= Interesting!

My Book collection is:
U2 at the end of the world - Bill Flanagan (fav.)
Walk On : The Spiritual Journey of U2 - Steve Stockman

I'm getting Road to Pop by Carter Alan soon ( I ordered it through a bookstore):lemon:

Okay, let me see if I can remember them all...

Flanagan's Bible
Walk On: Spiritual Journey...
U2: The Complete Encyclopedia
Into the Heart...
The Unforgettable Fire
The Rolling Stone Files
The Road to Pop
Faraway, so close!
U2: The Early Days
U2 Live Concert Documentary
U2: The Complete Songs

Hmmmm...Don't know if that's all of 'em or not...

Last edited:
I'm starting my collection of books, these are the ones I have:

Bono - The Biography

Colecci?n Im?genes del Rock: U2 (Spanish)

Rock pop Catedra: U2 (Spanish)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

books I have:
Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dumphy (early days stuff but apparently the band didn't like it)
The Road to Pop by Carter Alan (I didn't like this one much)
The Complete Guide of U2 by Bill Graham (very small book but worth having)
Into the Heart by Niall Stokes (the band - or was it Larry? - thinks that Bono co-operating on this one was a mistake - but I thought it was great)
A Grand Madness by Dianne Ebertt Beeaff (a bit of a 'gushing fan' thing going on here - I reckon the author is a bit odd)
U2 The Complete Encylopedia by Mark Chatterson (great- but you can't read it like a book!!)
Bono - the Biography by Laura Jackson (complete shite - don't even bother!)
Rattle and Hum - the official book - Peter Williams and Steve Turner (not sure if this counts in my 'list' but I've included it anyway!)
U2 At The End of the World, by Bill Flanagan (the bible, and as far as I'm concerned, the be all and end all of U2 books - FAB!!)

A bit of an addition to the note about the Bono biography..........please don't buy this book! Its complete pants - full of inaccuracies and obviously written to make money - not written by a fan by any means - don't know if this link I'm posting will work:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...882/sr=1-16/ref=sr_1_3_16/202-7470165-9239066

but it's the reviews by people who have bought the book on amazon.co.uk (including me) - just shows what people think of it!

Laters
Lu
:wave:

A Grand Madness: 10 years on the road with U2
Unforgettable Fire
Stories for Boys
U2 at the end of the world
Walk On: The spiritual journey of U2
Into the Heart
U2 The Complete Songs

U2 Into The Heart- Niall Stokes
U2 Rattle & Hum-The Official Book Of The U2 Movie
U2 Faraway So Close- BP Fallon

U2 A Conspiracy of Hope - Dave Bowler & Bryan Dray
Unforgettable Fire - Eamon Dunphy
Faraway So Close - BP Fallon
U2 Wide Awake in America - Carter Alan
U2 Burning Desire - Sam Goodman

And - my favourite - U2 At The End of The World - Bill Flanagan. :D

(plus the Achtung Baby songbook and a pile of old Propagandas.)

I have quite a few. Just lately I have been finding 2nd hand copies of Unforgettable Fire(soft cover) all over the place. Why are people giving them away? I LOVE that book. I'll keep collecting until U2 come to Australia then I'll take them and the posters etc. I no longer want/have places to keep to the concert and give them to people who look like they want/deserve them. My o my I have seen some tasty U2 stuff in 2nd hand music shops over the years, but you can only collect so much. I still have the ATYCLB advertising stuff in the back of my closet. Always makes me :) when I see it. I've started cutting up my U2 poster book and give them to people one by one when I find out who likes who.

Back
Top Bottom