Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Sounds like your face is sufficiently rocked off. :wink:

I made a compilation of Muse tracks for a friend of mine who's a big music fan but isn't very familiar with Muse. I hope he likes it!

:hmm: :shifty: :sexywink:

did that work :flirt:

hardyharhar said:
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Knights, Map, Hysteria, Supermassive!!!!!!!!!!!
What a beginning, then some more leading to Starlight, a monster New Born :rockon:, a riff sounding like Whole Lotta Love into some Stevie Ray Vaughan type shredding into a killer Time is Running Out :rockon: into Plug In Baby!

Stockholm Syndrome - the only encore song? Can't remember right now. Too late to think. Post again tomorrow. Muse :censored: killed.

Did I call it or what???? huh huh huh???? :D

converted yet??? Their live shows kick ARSE!! :rockon:

Oh my god ...

My friends and I are trying out this rent-your-own-room karaoke place next Saturday.

I just checked their song list, and they have Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome. I do have a feeling I'll be rocking out and melting some faces off next Saturday. :lol:

corianderstem said:
Oh my god ...

My friends and I are trying out this rent-your-own-room karaoke place next Saturday.

I just checked their song list, and they have Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome. I do have a feeling I'll be rocking out and melting some faces off next Saturday. :lol:

:cool: you go girl!! melt their faces off !! :rockon:

That was one awesome show. I was less distracted this time than I was last spring so I enjoyed it more. Plus, the show wasn't quite sold out so there was room to move; the seat next to me was unoccupied. It was great. The rain even held off till I got to my car.

All I'll say about Verizon Amphitheater is that it's the worst place to see a cooncert I've ever been. Show was over at 11:15, I got home at 1:10. And I live 25 minutes away.

How does Muse have such consistently lousy opening bands? That stupid Immigrant was there again, and Juliette and the Licks was simply awful. I realize it can't be easy to open for Muse, but jimminy crickets, they can do better than that!

martha said:
That was one awesome show. I was less distracted this time than I was last spring so I enjoyed it more. Plus, the show wasn't quite sold out so there was room to move; the seat next to me was unoccupied. It was great. The rain even held off till I got to my car.

All I'll say about Verizon Amphitheater is that it's the worst place to see a cooncert I've ever been. Show was over at 11:15, I got home at 1:10. And I live 25 minutes away.

How does Muse have such consistently lousy opening bands? That stupid Immigrant was there again, and Juliette and the Licks was simply awful. I realize it can't be easy to open for Muse, but jimminy crickets, they can do better than that!

Martha,
I am so glad you had a great time.. :D As with opening bands, i know.. I have to say tho, that Cold War Kids werent bad at all.

Juliette and the Licks were better than I thought they'd be, but I wouldn't buy their album or anything.

And Juliette Lewis should just wear a big sign that says "Patti Smith is my hero!" because all I could think while watching her was, "Geez ... like Patti Smith much?"

corianderstem said:
Juliette and the Licks were better than I thought they'd be, but I wouldn't buy their album or anything.

And Juliette Lewis should just wear a big sign that says "Patti Smith is my hero!" because all I could think while watching her was, "Geez ... like Patti Smith much?"

that's it! :up: I was trying to think who she is obviously copying style and singing wise.. :|

Funny you say that U2Fanatic. Cold War Kids was supposed to open for the Stripes on Wednesday. Now that would have made this week one for the ages if they hadn't cancelled. Would have been Stripes, Arcade Fire & Muse in consecutive days.

Martha - I got there as Immigrant was finishing and since it was 8 or 8:30 I thought Muse was next. So we went to our seats. Then when Juliette and her hacks came out to blow my ears out and give me a ringing headache, just couldn't get myself out of my seat. Wanted to relax and try to be ready for Muse. Sorry I didn't say hi.

And the Verizon amphitheater sucks. I hate going there, but you gotta go where the show is. Luckily for us, our seats were on the right side of the theater, so we were able to avoid the jam up and get to our car quickly. We were out of there within 5 minutes. :up:

On the plus side of course, Muse was awesome. Definitely looking forward to seeing them again. Thanks, U2Fanatic :wink: You are now on my Xmas list :yes:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

My advice to Juliette is to keep her day job, because her generic r 'n r is just bad. When your best song is a metal take on Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, your in big trouble.

At least she's able to bankroll her fantasy :wink:

hardyharhar said:

My advice to Juliette is to keep her day job, because her generic r 'n r is just bad. When your best song is a metal take on Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, your in big trouble.

At least she's able to bankroll her fantasy :wink:

hahaha~! hit the nail on the head there... :yes:

martha said:

I love verizon. I live 15 minutes away, was home in 15 minutes.

I'll miss it when they tear it down next year

Usually good sound, steep rake so great sight lines, nice video.

Not enough bathrooms though.

It's easy to get home, 2 choices:

1. Park over in the industrial park
2. Look up the setlist, and leave at some point during the last song

Toscano - I noticed that industrial park as we were leaving, and it definitely looked like the way to go. As long as you are sure your car isn't gonna get towed. Which I wasn't.

And if they are tearing down Verizon, are they gonna build another theater there? Just wondering :wink:

hardyharhar said:
Toscano - I noticed that industrial park as we were leaving, and it definitely looked like the way to go. As long as you are sure your car isn't gonna get towed. Which I wasn't.

And if they are tearing down Verizon, are they gonna build another theater there? Just wondering :wink:

Nah, yet more expensive high end housing

Wild rivers, Camp James and Verizon are all going to go

You won't get towed from the industrial areas on a Friday night / weekend

Wouldn't risk it on a weekday night just in case

Ooh, I'm glad to hear the Seattle boot is good!

I saw my friend tonight after giving him the Muse mix CD this morning (it was just 5 songs from Absolution and another 5 from the latest album). He thinks he likes it, but I loved his description of what they sounded like to him:

"It's like Radiohead meets Queen!" :lol: That sounds about right.

hardyharhar said:
, a riff sounding like Whole Lotta Love into some Stevie Ray Vaughan type shredding

I was so hoping they were gonna do a fucking amazing version of Whole Lotta Love. Everyone woulda chipped in fifty cents to pay the royalty fees for that. :rockon:

All those rocking instrumentals made me want the next Muse album to be all rocking instrumentals. :yes:

Originally posted by The OOTS
I believe the DVD doesn't have the Stockholm Syndrome closer...which is THE reason that Glasto 04 gig kicked so much ass.
SERIOUSLY. Citizen Erased was also scrapped from the Absolution DVD. I can't get over Stockholm Syndrome being excluded, though. The Earl's Court extra doesn't compare to the greatness of Glasto's SS.

I saw them a week ago tonight and like it's any surprise, the concert was fucking amazing :sad:. I LOVED the lighting and video screens. It's impossible for me to rank the shows I've seen but this one stands a bit above the rest due to the stage design and the fact that I finally got to hear "Sing for Absolution" live :sad:

A couple of pictures...

1419340978_d563320b7d.jpg

1418437991_e1b4bcc89c.jpg

1418468717_b551a78a0e.jpg

1418431995_13fbb7a207.jpg

1419303992_63c3553605.jpg

1418427737_9d66101e89.jpg

1419299076_1702e30452.jpg

Take me baaaack :sad:

U2Fanatic... you saw them at Fairfax, right? The bootleg was released yesterday but I'm not sure if the sound quality is good. It's available here: http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=32

corianderstem said:
that Seattle bootleg is :drool:
Yes! I loved listening to the performance of Micro Cuts - I wasn't sure how it'd hold out live since it hadn't been played in a long time. And the jams! :drool: You attended such a great show. Between this and seeing Arcade Fire twice this year, I miiiight just hate you a little :wink:

Queen Bee said:
U2Fanatic... you saw them at Fairfax, right? The bootleg was released yesterday but I'm not sure if the sound quality is good. It's available here: http://www.musebootlegs.com/blog/?p=32

Yes! I loved listening to the performance of Micro Cuts - I wasn't sure how it'd hold out live since it hadn't been played in a long time. And the jams! :drool: You attended such a great show. Between this and seeing Arcade Fire twice this year, I miiiight just hate you a little :wink:

yeah, it was fairfax all right.. I have that torrent/bootleg from the fairfax show pretty much right after it.. give or take a couple of days.

yeah micro cuts from seattle=:drool: !! cori did get a great show.. definitely jealous!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom