Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you liked BHAR maybe you should start with Absolution, but if you like heavier stuff then get OOS;) Now, if you can buy both it's even better :lol: And as soon as you can get Showbiz too:wink: And yes, Hysteria is a song of the Absolution album.

I still can't chose between Absolution and OOS :shrug: It deppends on a lot of things. It's the thing everybody says: Absolution is a better album but OOS has better songs... I couldn't put it better...

OOS had better singles :up: But I prefer Absolution as an album, it's so hard to put their albums in order of how much I like them, I think Showbiz'd come last, but the other three :drool: Does Hullabaloo count?

Any rumours of a Muse Vancouver show in early September?

It's really annoying since they cancelled here back in May, and also cancelled their appearance at the Seattle Curiousa Festival in 2004.

u2fp

I think that Absolution is a better album and has better songs than OOS; it's not perfect but for me it's their first truly mature work. Though I like OOS a lot overall it leaves me with a feeling that their songwriting hasn't quite caught up with their ambition at that point in their career. Where OOS does have an advantage over Absolution for me though is that I find its sound a lot more varied - sameness can often be the flip side of cohesiveness and sometimes I think that Absolution suffers from "sameness", especially its slower songs.

I wish I knew if Muse were coming to Australia this year or not; I keep holding off booking my overseas trip in case they announce dates, :mad:

I was filing paperwork at work and I saw a person with the last name of Bellamy...too bad I can't listen to my iPod at work :angry:

I also saw a person with the last name of Edge....:shifty:

annie_vox said:
If you liked BHAR maybe you should start with Absolution, but if you like heavier stuff then get OOS;)

I dunno, I think Absolution has better heavier stuff - Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome are two of their heaviest songs and two of their best... I dunno, I guess most of the stuff on Origin of Symmetry is kinda heavy, but it's...not as catchy, I guess? I don't know, it's hard to describe, but the album doesn't grab me like Absolution does. Still, it's very good.

Black Holes and Revelations is growing on me.... I used to not be so fond of the second half but I'm starting to dig it. Assassin and Exo-Politics are badass, City of Delusion is pretty good, and Hoodoo is decent...and of course the end of Knights of Cydonia is badass. I'd say BHAR is just as solid as their other albums. It does have a couple weak tracks, but pretty much all their albums do have some tracks that aren't as good. In general I'd say the slower songs are not their strong suit.

still gotta get Showbiz...

i am replying to this thread again

because

muse are fucking awesome

the song Dead Star...holy shit that is awesome

there is no other way to describe Muse

except the song Invincible, fuck that song

:reject: I still can't say I like Muse all that much, even after listening to Absolution and most of BHAR. :shrug: But still...

I want it now!!! I want it noooooooow!!! Give me your heart and your sooooul! :rockon:

Yeah, Hysteria is awesome. :) And I'm a big Starlight fan.

well you appreciate Hysteria; I guess that is the most important thing

still though, can't believe you don't love Absolution...maybe you'd like Origin of Symmetry? :shrug:

man can anyone post everything they know about Matt Bellamy's guitars RIGHT NOW

i know they are custom made by manson and i want them

like...this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYExMtpecc0 (wow that song improves a lot live)

:drool:

Can't help you with the guitars, but I thought I'd post this little Muse montage I found on YouTube, mostly from their pre-Absolution days. Some of this is quite funny, :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzj1WDQi_xo

Oh, and I'm now officially a Muse nerd after having spent a great chunk of the evening programming "Plug in Baby" on my crappy 2-colour Nokia phone's composer.

AtomicBono said:

except the song Invincible, fuck that song

The album version is nothing special, and I dunno why they chose it as a single, but I think it's alright live :up: When they sung it at Wembley there were 70,000-odd people singing with them and it sounded amazing. Pretty atmospheric :drool: Nothing on TAB or Knights or whatever, but not as poor as people make out.

About Matt's guitars:

And about the whole OOS/ Absolution discussion, I still think that OOs has better songs... It's hard to beat New Born, Bliss and Citizen Erased. And then there's the beautiful Space Dementia, the weird Microcuts, and the fantastic cover of Feeling Good...
But Asolution... Listening to that album is like reading a story... The songs follow perfectly and it's also hard to beat SS or Hysteria...
Well... I preffer Absolution but I like more songs of OOS than of Absolution... Am I making any sense at all?

There was a great site about Matt's guitars but now it's down... But you can see Hugh Manson's guitars here: http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/

And about the whole OOS/ Absolution discussion, I still think that OOs has better songs... It's hard to beat New Born, Bliss and Citizen Erased. And then there's the beautiful Space Dementia, the weird Microcuts, and the fantastic cover of Feeling Good...
But Asolution... Listening to that album is like reading a story... The songs follow perfectly and it's also hard to beat SS or Hysteria...
Well... I preffer Absolution but I like more songs of OOS than of Absolution... Am I making any sense at all?

Edit: forget that first post:wink:

Canadiens1160 said:

:drool: so cool

though that laser guitar is possibly equally as cool... a laser guitar!! What a notion!!

pure_laser.JPG

U2democrat said:

:lol:

I know if I had a chance to play that I would be positivley giddy...and a bit overwhelmed.

dude i would be shouting

YEAH DUDES CHECK IT I GOT THIS FUCKIN XTREME GUITAR THAT MATT BELLAMY PLAYS LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS WOOOOOOOOOOO!! UNNGHHH YEA CMON

this thread should always be on the first page imo

I got Showbiz today. Had to go to the CD store by my old high school as it wasn't at Target or Best Buy...I'd say it's probably their weakest work, but interesting to hear the band at such an early stage...and I am very much in love with the song Sunburn :drool:

AtomicBono said:
I'd say it's probably their weakest work

IF WE WERE MARRIED, I WOULD DIVORCE YOU RIGHT NOW. :sad: Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Filip and Cave are some of their greatest songs ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkGRt6H74c
FUCKING EPIC

Their weakest for me is BHAR. I was really into it at first, but now I couldn't give a damn about anything other than Knights of Cydonia and Exo-Politics.

See, I think BHAR is pretty good. And I think Knights of Cydonia is overrated, though the riff that finally kicks in is killer. But it's all about Map of the Problematique and Assassin :drool: Exo-Politics is definitely one of the best as well :up: the only sucky tracks are soldier's poem and Invincible. Hoodoo and Take a Bow don't do a lot for me either, though they're not bad. I've only listened to Showbiz once through so it's hard to really judge...I suppose it may be on par with BHAR. But the band sounds a bit underdeveloped...I really get the Radiohead comparisons. Very Bends. Past Showbiz I don't think Muse sounds much like Radiohead.

great clip though...epic indeed, but that's to be expected of Muse live... my friend says Matt Bellamy sounds like a ghost, and I can certainly agree with that here. His voice is very eerie...and that ending falsetto... :drool:

Yeah, "underdeveloped" is the word I'm thinking of in regards to Showbiz. Especially when it comes to Matt's thin, boyish vocals on that album. I much prefer his later, more mature and resonant voice; even OOS was a huge improvement in that respect.

"Sunburn" is lovely though. And I like "Muscle Museum" a lot, at least until the bit at the end where Matt's vocal makes me think of a snarky Muse article which compared him to a hyperventilating witch, :mac:

Atomic you have to listen to Showbiz again and again until you love it:wink: Sunburn and Muscle Museum are beautiful as it was already said, and then there's Falling Down and Showbiz, wich in fact are in my top 10 Muse songs... And Cave is also good... I mean this cannot be compared to OOS and Absolution but it's certainly a great piece... It's underdeveloped because they were really young and in the begining, just three guys in the begining of their twenties.

Sunburn is still my favourite but I do love the song Showbiz. I agree it's up there with their best. Muscle Museum, Filip, Cave, and Uno are pretty good too... the rest, meh. Sober is good but it's soooo Radiohead. don't worry, I will keep listening to it. Also thinking I'm gonna buy Hullabaloo. I want everything by Muse EVAR!

I'm still amazed at Matt's voice in that clip of Showbiz...it's incredible :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom